Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2019-2020)

pash

That's complete BS if you ask me. Manavis is kissing ass because Savvidis paid his medical bill. That doesn't make him a good PAOK president Mr. Makis. And doesn't give you the right to put down Pantelakis either... And why now after 28 years to go back to Toumba? That's complete BS! Sorry to say the guy is a joke!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaba now fighting an infection, his small chance of participating by the end of the season is basically gone now. Hopefully he'll be back for the full preseason (assuming he doesn't agitate to leave by then).

• 1 month later...

There was a lot of Skyping (or Zooming) by Ivan Savvidis over the weekend about the next season. George Savvidis was placed in charge of transfers by his father, so it looks like Branco will be history after his contract with the team expires in June. Also the elder Savvidis announced his support for Ferreira and mentioned plans for new training facilities. Finally he instructed his front office to bring the budget under control for the upcoming season.

• 2 weeks later...

I think PAOKTV is still there as a backup, just in case.  This sounds like the clubs are trying to all get a discussion going.  Although discussion, football and Greece doesn’t really make for a logical mix.  If I was a betting man I’d say PAOKTV will be there for the following season, whenever that begins.

8 hours ago, pash said:

Paoktv going away??

Don't think so. Kyriakos Kyriakou said PAOK TV will still be around even if PAOK enters collective TV deal. It will just be like in the past. Showing the games outside of Greece and presenting us with videos from training, etc. 

It seems we might be seeing 5 subs per game going forward? Due to how many games will be compressed into the schedule. Not that FIFA gave a s%$#! during those years that we had a playoff system that was designed to exhaust teams 2-5 and cut our summers short.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-fifa/story/4089951/fifa-proposes-use-of-five-substitutes-once-competitions-restart-after-coronavirus

Jaba apparently trained individually today, for the first time. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. I can't imagine we'll see him in what remains of this season (though I don't even know how long this will stretch??)...

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely out for 6 months. I expected him to have a good season in 2020-2021. Now we will need a replacement in his position.

I also expect additional serious injuries to players during the playoffs.

Geez is that 4 serious knee injuries in just over a year? Mauricio, Vieirinha, Jaba and now Augousto? Don't know if it's bad luck or we are doing something wrong, I guess with knee injuries it's mainly luck. And given 3 of them (I think) happened during games and away from home, I guess there's not much you can do about what type of condition oppositions pitches are in. 

Except that Glykos, Mistakidis, and Augusto all hurt their knees while in training, right? Perhaps our training fields have regressed since Ivic's mysterious improvements?

BTW it looks like Tsilianidis over at OFI has a similar issue. Is it possible that two or three months of inactivity has led these players to overexert now that they're back to training? There is a short amount of time between the resumption of training and the first games, after all...

PAOK players agreed to approximate 12.5% wage cut due to Corona virus. However the wage cuts will be gradually eliminated if they reach several set goals (EL group stage, CL group stage).

Στον κάθε παίκτη έγινε μείωση 12,5% του συμβολαίου του, κάτι που σημαίνει πως θα μειωθεί το 50% των συμβολαίων για τον καθένα, από τους τρεις μήνες της αναστολής του πρωταθλήματος. Δηλαδή 1.5 μισθός.

Οι παίκτες του Φερέιρα θα πάρουν πίσω το 1/3 της μείωσης σε περίπτωση πρόκρισης τους στους ομίλους του Europa League την επόμενη σεζόν και ολόκληρα τα ποσά (δηλαδή σαν να μην υπήρξε πανδημία ποτέ) σε περίπτωση πρόκρισης στους ομίλους του Champions League.

https://inpaok.com/644484/afti-ine-i-symfonia-pae-pekton/

Who even knows what this means. I don't get the impression it's related to cleaning out the team (i.e., transfers out). Perhaps cleaning up the league? Perhaps...CAS-related? That would be silly since there is no way he'd have some info ahead of time on that. Perhaps just bluster?

Screenshot_20200608-203613_Instagram-sca

Most likely players leaving the team. Possibly also the coach. But is this a way to run a professional team? Posting silly pictures on Instagram. Who is he Donald Trump?

Some of the moves by George/Ivan put the team in difficult position with players transfers such as Khacheridi, Stoch, as well as handling past coaches (Ivic, Lucescu). 

Wow just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Misic is ruled out for the rest of the season due to injury. With Augousto also gone that leaves us with Mauricio, Esiti and the young and untested Tsiggaras in central midfield. El Kaddouri started the season playing there so he might be another option. This surely must mean Wernbloom comes back into contention, at least on the bench. 

Holding on to 2nd place and making the Cup Final just became that little bit tougher.

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20200612-iatriko-deltio-gia-ton-josip-misic/