Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Wernbloom is officially gone, he has been sold to Swedish club Goteborg. I'm not sure if we actually received any money from them or they covered part of the apozhimiosi that he wanted but either way he's gone and off our books. 

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20200820-sti-gketeborg-o-wernbloom/

Edited by paokarag4

Today's moves:

Melissas officially signed with Panaitolikos - free transfer
Gargalatzidis officially signed with OFI - free transfer
Wernbloom officialy signed with Gotteborg - free transfer

Assuming either of the two even is legitimately interested in him...

Saw another few posts today about KAA Gent being interested in Limnios. The very same Gent that is coached by Baloni. I took a quick look at their squad and could it be true that they have no right wingers??

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kaa-gent/startseite/verein/157

For sure. I just found last season's prize monies and it seems 8.5mm was the prize for winning it all, and participation in the group stage was just under 3mm. Much needed but not a panacea, for sure

It's a combination of prize money and a share in the market pool which is essentially money from TV rights. I think we are guaranteed just under 6 Million Euros and that could increase with prize money for wins/qualification from the group stage. I'm seeing different numbers bandied around, it seems to be between 5-7 Million Euros.

Obviously if we manage to qualify for the Champions league we're in for a larger piece of the pie. 

• Like it 1

Yeah the market pool is quite substantial.  If we end up with say 7 million you would think that coupled with the wages saved from Vieirinha, Mauricio, Stoch and Wernbloom should get us about even, or hopefully with some room for a transfer or two.  If not, then heaven help us.

Having said that, I'm sure Vieirinha's negotiator (whoever that is) will now be saying "gimme more you're all flush with cash now".

• Like it 1

Apparently Rebbe has 3 transfers lined up and was waiting until we played the CL qualifying game.

There will be some movement of players in the coming days. I expect changes in the goalie position, and possible sale of Giannoulis. I would not be surprise if we see other players leaving (Matos, Biseswar). Certain departure is Warda. Also some youngsters will be loaned out/set free.

More reports today that we are awaiting an offer for Paschalakis, from Spain. No official offer yet, so who knows if this mysterious team will ever make an actual approach for him. 

French press also reporting we have knocked back a 3.5 million offer for Giannoulis from Marseille, we are holding out for at least 4.5 + a percentage of any potential future sale. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/gallika-mme-oxi-toy-paok-sth-marseig-gia-giannoulh.5745718.html 

The rumor is that the team is Real Betis and the offer is pretty low, but it doesn't seem right to me - they have a few GKs already, who I can only assume are more highly rated than our guy. I guess we'll see; there's no reason to wait now that Zivkovic did not s%$#! the bed.

3.5M for Giannoulis is way too low.  The club should be pushing for 5M minumum, and even at that price I won't be happy to see him go.  He won't be easy to replace.

As for Paschalakis, I'm just not seeing anyone giving anything substantial for him, in which case what's the point ?  Maybe he wants to go and play overseas in which case fair enough, but from the club's perspective I don't see his sale as a priority by any means.  Either way, any two of Rey, Paschalakis and Zivkovic will do for now.

Reports are that if Paschalakis leaves, Rebbe already has a goaltender lined up. I have a feeling Rey will also leave (loan/free). There is a reason why he did not get any playing time in the two friendlies.

• Like it 1

Lots of names going around for the GK position, by the way. Most for youngsters that are owned by a much larger club that will never see the senior team, for what that's worth.

By the way, this is a recent rumor for the striker position (which is probably going to be the last one we fill, since Akpom's case hasn't made any progress (at least, visibly to us):

https://www.transfermarkt.com/antonio-colak/profil/spieler/160668

Rumors from much earlier were that Rebbe was looking at someone from Germany, so perhaps this is just the rumor mill finding people who were recently in Germany. Scored a lot of goals in Croatia last year, though.