Phantis Forums

Ivan Savvidis - PAE PAOK owner/president

italosPAOK4

5 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Guys, while he has indeed taken PAOK to another level, I personally think it is clear that there is no longer any motivation to transform the team into a powerhouse. He is using Russian tactics in a Greek game. He is either at his ranch in Rostov or at his resort in Halkidiki. For me, the plan was to use him to gain Russian access to the port. That has now been accomplished. Sure, he spent a lot of money to take the team out of debt and build it up but the money he has made from owning PAOK and investing in Greece is a tremendous amount.

I don't usually agree with PAOKSYD but I think he is on the right track about Savvidis.

I agree with this. I don’t feel Savvidis is pushing for us to get better. Meaning he is fine making money (it’s a business after all) and continuing to qualify for Europe. But we don’t see these big signings doing what is needed to break the wall where we are to push to become the top team in Greece. This upcoming season, as our roster sits, I think we are the 3rd best on paper. We went in a short few years from being 1 to 3/4. 

My personal opinion is that PAOKSYD is not really a PAOK fan but a troll, but hey that's just me.  I don't have a problem with Savvidis leaving and a new owner coming in but I don't see anyone queueing up to spend their billions or hundreds of millions to take over PAOK.  And I don't think Mitsotakis will help either, ha ha.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bananas said:

My personal opinion is that PAOKSYD is not really a PAOK fan but a troll, but hey that's just me.  I don't have a problem with Savvidis leaving and a new owner coming in but I don't see anyone queueing up to spend their billions or hundreds of millions to take over PAOK.  And I don't think Mitsotakis will help either, ha ha.

I just wish there was a 'mute' button

Weird, I could have sworn there was. I distinctly remember muting that tzatziki troll years ago. But I just checked on your profile and I couldn't.

Maybe the site knows I could never mute YOU ❤️

19 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Mate show PAOK respect. Before PAOK no one knew savvidis. 

The millions hes made from the club is thanks to PAOK.

I knew of Ivan Savvidis at least 10 years before he was first linked to PAOK in 2006. Since 1995 he was the president of Greek Communities in Russia and represented those communities at the World Council of Hellenes Abroad, which had an advisory role to the Greek parliament. So he was known even in Greece since 1995. Perhaps that fact did not reach Australia yet.

He made his billions way before he got involved with PAOK. The majority of his business holdings are in Russia and other countries as opposed to Greece, so most of his money was made outside of Greece.

• Like it 1

Russians are communist dog liars just like the chinese. 

President of ta a*****a mas he was. 

Tell Georgiaki to reactivate instagram andput his balls on the line again and to stop hidding like a midget he is gamo

Edited by PAOKSYD

I think this is a classic case of “be careful what you wish for.” Sure, PAOK have stagnated a bit the past few years and the news on Nea Toumba has been very slow, but PAOK are certainly in a better position with Ivan today than they were without him 10-15 years ago. 

• Like it 2

Wasn't PAOK on the verge of bankruptcy before Savidis came in? I believe he was the only investor willing to put in so much of his money into them back then. If I remember correctly, he cleaned up all the debt, invested in the academies and even bought some players in the beginning. 

It is literally of no use arguing with him. I'm still waiting to see the detailed P&L statement from the team that confirms those transfer fees and their related expenditures. Or even how they define "net income." Something tells me they don't know what that means.

Any sources for any of these numbers or claims? For any of those teams? Hmmm?

source.gif

Also: 30mm in income - gross or net - over 3 years? That's supposed to be a lot of money? Are you shittin' me? I wonder what Souroti's income was during that same period. I guarantee you they are a lot more profitable than any sports club in Greece.

I can totally buy that Savvidis wanted an "in" with the locals so he could buy up some attractive businesses. I've made that claim myself in the past, and I have no issues with it. The thought that PAOK is anything but a massive money sink for him, though, implies a hilariously credulous reading of conspiratorial nonsense.

Does PAOK actually produce P&L statements?  It would be interesting to see.  I'd be surprised if Savvidis isn't tens of millions in the red in his "investment" in PAOK.

I think others forget before Savvidis our wages to players were *much* lower and even those measly amounts were often not paid in full.  Players leaving the club unpaid and often we'd underpay them just so they could leave.  Fire sales.  A back office that was for the most part more a kafeneio than a modern professional club.  Debts, lots of debts.  Short term memory loss maybe.

What was I talking about?

If Savvidis were to leave and we went back to the old ways, the Athenians would *REJOICE*.  As would sadly, a bunch of "PAOK" fans.

It's ok to be frustrated at our lack of improvements since the title win.  But to want to return to the old days ... insanity.

In the meantime, I am trying to tee up a zoom meeting with Mitsotakis and PAOKSYD.  Proving to be a bit harder than I thought.

• Like it 2

That's actually my point - the club (like almost all clubs) is privately owned. They don't produce anything for the general public to peruse, as far as I have seen. We have no idea how much money they make, where it comes from, what they spend (both on players and other drivers of cost), AND we have no idea if Savvidis takes money out. It's insane that this is getting any traction at all - which is kind of why it's clear at least some "fans" here are bad actors.

Lol you sound like ur on his payroll lol. 

The 10m euro stunt was probably a photo opp stunt by Syriza , the debt was probably cleared behind the scenes. 

Lets not forget the bidding scam about the TV licencese and the dummy bidders hahahahaha. 

Boys whats 10m euros some houses in sydney sell for 70million. 

Savidis is a chump he talked about ronaldinhio and winning the champions league. 

What about his bullshit last year about the stadium and how he was guna build it.... all this so you can keep the faith while he milks paok. 

All of greece was going bankrupt not just paok. 

On 8/17/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bananas said:

Does PAOK actually produce P&L statements?  It would be interesting to see.  I'd be surprised if Savvidis isn't tens of millions in the red in his "investment" in PAOK.

Here is one for the period of 1.7.2021 - 31.6.2022: 
https://publicity.businessportal.gr/api/download/financial/1318652

Now we'll get complete analysis by PAOKSYD on what it all means. :wacko:

• Like it 1