Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

Mark my words too...

We are not in good shape at all...

Vlepw diplo..........

Team will come together in Belgium and surprise a few people but it wont be a enough... will definately be a nail biter though

Isn't that what happened against standard? You're probably right though, the team tends to play better away. Leoforos is no longer a fortress.

If you were to break down those games though, you will find that we could've done better. Didn't berg miss a sitter in belgium? Regardless we got an early goal in the return leg and rather sitting to protect, we overcommitted with a lot of bodies forward. Both goals came from counterattacks. I have to put this on anastasiou. His brand of football doesn't bode well for us in europe.

Expect this tomorrow....

Brugge scores very early... first 15 minutes.... we are put into a lull and get bombarded on...but they miss sitters

We have a moment of brilliance and level it just before half time....

The game goes back and forth..tick and tack.. until the 78th minute when they synch the winner....

Then a week later...

We go to Belgium....   we go ahead in the 1st half.... we push for the 2nd goal only to have commited ourselves too much ... they tie the game in the 60... game ends 1-1

The friendly against brugge showed no difference in quality. The difference is that they are much better drilled, whilst we on the other hand don't look like the side that took to the field for the playoffs. As always the timing is horrible. Two months ago, i would be a lot more confident. I remain hopeful though.

Ok, alot of pessimists in this thread before the game...... here is my prediction:

Brugge come out all guns blazing and we look very rusty early on. They score a goal within the first 20 minutes yet we manage to steal a goal before half time through Karelis. 

Second half, again they come at us and score for a 2-1 lead. We then push hard and equalize through Koutroubis off a set piece (yes, I did say Koutroubis). Then with 5 minutes left in the match it is the man of the moment, Berg, who scores a sublime goal and sends Leoforos into meltdown. 

Second leg, team has bonded more and pumped for win. We come out defensive and playing a tight match. Brugge getting desperate yet against the play Ninis plays a through ball for Berg to steal a 1-0 win. 

Panatha mou se agapo!

• Like it 1