Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

what now..............first id take ajagun off...perhaps lagos may offer more midfield depth.....horrible call by the ref to change his mind even tho it was a horrid challenge but overall we need another goal imo..........luck needs to be on our side...this next 45 min are where its going to be won and lost I believe.......

HT 1-1

Definitely been up against it. I mean concede, miss a penalty, red and all in one half ?

Brugge have lined up in a 4-5-1, simply stetching the play. We started 4-2-2-2 and there was much confusion both in attack build up and off the ball. Brugge simply moved the ball out wide, leaving our fullbacks exposed and stretching our centre halves. The change to the 4-4-2 rombo with ninis in a free role, made things more clear. Zeca, ajagun now offering support out wide and ninis now dropping to dictate the play. It allowed us to control the rest of the half.

That tackle from sanchez was disappointing. He has allowed diaby to get in his head. You have to expect more. I hope he is not a hot head. It now means that we have to take off kareli for another mid. It means we lose the presence of a second striker which helped create the penalty.

Positive is ninis, great feet and decision making, precise passing. Berg knock downs have been crucial. We are going to have to use the long ball a lot more now in the second, let?s hope ninis doesn't get gassed.

On a final note, the red might be a blessing in disguise. It will force us to throw men back, and try sneek a goal.

Edited by val