Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

Lacks consistency, produces only in patches. If he can have a few more performances like that, he can play in a better league. Freeze is right though, his ceiling is a midtable (preferably non physical, slow paced).

30 was never a great defender but he had some decent games when he first arrived on the scene. Playing him at right back, exposed his weaknesses more so, to the point where the guy has all but lost his confidence. He played a whole season out of position and naturally screwed up. So when you have been stinking up for so long, you almost always expect to play bad your next game. It's gotten to the point where it's too dangerous to have him on the park, even in his natural position.

There's no obvious answer, but I would go with koutroubi to partner tavla.

Well....

30 will be starting in defense... koutroubi back in the midfield....

Exoume na fame.............

You keep swinging for the fences hoping to connect one huh? :lol:

Only 1 thing can cure you from your affliction:

Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 2

Kotsolis is another one....  He looks sooooooo uncomfortable under the posts....  not to mention, his reflex and timing is WAAAAYYY off...  No communication with the defense....

It's a miracle he's still with the team

I think we'd be better having my pappou out there.....

True but just look at how he reacts to all the chances... he's always 2 seconds to slow...

The goal they scored was b/c he was ball watching and doesn't take control of his box...

Everytime he leaps.. he does it in such a "careful" frightful way that I think he's going to break a hip

Not to mention.. he got lucky on a few of their chances... they just shot the ball right at him.. if they had any finishing about them.. we would have been toast

wasn't lod bought as a box to box midfielder??..its early but i think this is the game for him to shine...okay risks are big at this stage..that's why im so curious so see what selection giannis will pick :)...ps as bad as koutroubis is.. his levels above 30 really!! based on the last performance its evident his not up to this level not anything near enough even :la: ...kotsolis made two really great game saving saves the last game out!.. im not too worried but again i wish steele starts that's my gut feeling!

Edited by Green Man

Not even Europa?

Not even Europa...

If we beat Brugge... we are guarenteed Europa.. I doubt we can beat the likes of Valencia, Man U, Leverkusen but at least we'd try

If we lose against Brugge and get knocked out...  then we have to face ANOTHER tough opponent (equally as tough as Brugge) and I think our mental psyche would be so down and out that it'd be very difficult to progress

Losing out on Europe may be a blessing in disguise though... not having Europe would mean we could focus all our efforts on the league and historically when all focus is on the league our team does well

We still don't have the depth to compete on 3 fronts (SL, cup, Europe) so it would give us some rest and time to focus on attaining CL spot via winning the league (although I think this year is the last year where there is automatic berth into the group stages)...   

Come next year... we might not have any teams in the CL at all b/c we'd be having to face the likes of Valencia, Man U,Lille, etc to get into the CL

Any player would struggle to make an impact if he were lacking the coach's faith. With players like Ninis a team needs to build around them. Ninis is consistent in a technical sense, even in games where he struggles to be influential you can still see his quality and intellignece. There's nothing players like Wesley Sneijder or Keisuke Honda can do that Ninis can't do. That's the sort of quality he possesses. I don't think he'll be leaving PAO ever again at this point. He ought to be playing abroad and I think he could have made his way to play to a top club.

Firstly let's not make bold statements comparing him to sneijder. This is a european winner that played a protagonist role on a great side.

Ninis has been around long enough for us to generate an opinion of him. From unrealistic expectations to disappointing stints at parma and paok, things haven't gone as we had hoped. With his return to pao he is somewhat born again. Although i think it is more down to the hard work off the pitch, a small measure of what you can achieve, if you put the work in.

On his day, he is one of our better players because he has traits others lack, traits that make him an important player on the team.

This is a big season for him, he needs to be consistently good. If he gives us a good season, then he guarantees a future for himself at the club, perhaps even opening some other doors.