Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - AEK

Evergreen

In my opinion this is PAO's MOST CRUCIAL GAME OF THE SEASON and there is no there option than victory!

AEK may be in a sory state at the moment but that doesn't mean anyhting when derby games are played. It doesn't matter if PAO are 1st and AEK last. We should not get complacent, nor should we think we will breeze this. We all saw the damage Akratitos did to us and they are no where near as good as AEK, NOR did they poccess her players.

I do think though that we will win. Good news is that Yurkas, Sanmartean and Maric will be back, which gives us many more options.

my prediction is a 2-1 victory.

I do think though that we will win. Good news is that Yurkas, Sanmartean and Maric will be back, which gives us many more options.

u think its good that maric and sanmartean are back?!!!

u obviously havent seen them play

i wanna say a victory for pao but it looks like this ones headin 4 a draw

We should not underestimate AEK. I think now they have nothing to lose and will play freely and do us damage.

I think we'll squeeze by 1 goal.

I'm not sure that we should use players that haven't seen much action lately.

I agree

I think it is a very tricky game. I think that AEK can be more dangerous now with Bajevic gone. They could however be even worse. The certain thing is that they wont be the same as they have been all season.

Hopefully it will be an open game where we will win with a clean sheet (2-0) and increase the record to 24 wins.

Sapanis and Michalaki the goals

Without any fake penalties...... 1 - 0 for AEK by Okkas...........

I know that Kolka is gone.....but I think there are some more, who can jump into the penalty box area............ and Kyriakos is neither here....to grab down Nalitzis in the last minutes....... when he was ready to shoot in....

Who is the ref ? Don't say Vassaras !

Guess who is the Referee!?

:lol:

I don't get it. Whats wrong with having Vassaras as the ref. Would you rather have some gavro ref who makes sure we both lose points or Vassaras who has proven to be the most fair greek ref and not part of the paraga of kokkalis. Many AEK fans refer to the game when Vassaras called a penalty when the PAO player was outside of the box however he was just making up for a CLEAR penalty that wasn't called earlier in the game when Lymberopoulos was fouled inthe box. There are no referee's that favor PAO or AEK in this league. Only the gays get favored.

01/30/2004. The Athens derby between Panathinaikos and AEK will be the centre of attention this weekend at "Apostolos Nikolaidis" (Leoforos) football field, where Itzhak Shum's team remain undefeated this season in domestic competition and have a 100% record.

Second-placed Panathinaikos are eight points up on fourth-placed AEK, both sides were impressive last weekend and both teams cannot afford to drop any points, as the hosts are trailing leaders Olympiakos by one point in the race for the Greek title, while the visitors are trailing by two points third placed PAOK Thessaloniki in the race for a Champions League spot.

AEK were a preseason title contender but failed to live up to expectations due to many internal problems. They are currently in a big crisis and the resignation of Dusan Bajevic on Sunday during the game against Iraklis Thessaloniki (4-0) in reaction to insulting personal remarks from a section of fans in the stands for the umpteenth time, is bound to generate further havoc in the team.

The respected Serb-Greek coach, Bajevic, during his reign, fought stubbornly to keep AEK intact despite the club's financial straits which led to several rounds of threatened walkouts by players over unpaid fees. Bajevic, supported by his heavy clout, managed to persuade most players to stay on. But without Bajevic, the club's stability and cohesion is now severely endangered.

Bajevic's assistant coach Takis Persias, a former Olympiakos player who had also been verbally abused, and physically attacked by certain AEK fans for his previous services at the Piraeus club, might be on the bench for Sunday's game only, after a request of Dusan Bajevic.

Panathinaikos are in high spirits after their 3-0 thrashing of Kalithea last Sunday and Israeli coach Itzhak Shum for the first time since his arrival at the Athens giants, has no injury worries and he was satisfied that Kyrgiakos, Olisadebe, Seitaridis and Sanmartean have recovered from injuries and can return to action.

The match will be broadcast live on SuperSport TV (Sunday 19:30 GR) and the draw for the referee was performed and the best Greek referee, Kyros Vassaras (Thessaloniki), was chosen.

I think it'll be 3-1 for Panathinaikos. I think the score would be tied by the half. Then, later, Panatinaikos squeezes in two more goals in the last ten minutes. But that's just my prediction. Good Luck to both teams. It'll be a great matchup!! :tup:

what's up everyone, new member here!

i think mainly because of the overall mess in the AEK organization and the fact that they still have class players in their squad, not to mention that PAO has been mediocre at best this season, sunday's game is unpredictable...if both teams play at the top of their game its gona be a draw.

anyway, what's the deal with the Vardinogiannis clan? are these people ever going to get serious about helping the team...like selling it, for instance, to someone who might invest seriously????

Gents, its good to be back on the forum. I was away on holiday for a week and was dying to come bak to check the latest news on PAO. I was away for the confirmation of Gonzales and the Kalithea game so maybe i should go away some more...lol

I think this is the worst time we can play AEK. AEK is what we can now call a wounded giant just ready to burst, and Im even more scared of Lybe playing in Leoforos. For sum reason I dun think he will save us some sympathy in front of goal.

However, the team spirit seems very good in the PAO camp. Signings, good win, good record in 2004 although we havent clicked into any high gear yet we have a high morale. Plus we are injury free! or close to it....

So gents I say lets sit back soak in the action derby time has to offer and enjoy the party Leoforos has to offer....

2-1 PAO - Only goalscorer im predicting is Lybe

:box: :box: :box:

Bad news guys, it was said on era sport that Rene Henriksen is out because of injury. Either Elias Kotsios (most probably) or Lukas Vintra will take his place.

The likely line up at this moment in time according to reports is:

3-5-2 formation with Michaelsen and Munch bobbing up the wings

Nikopolidis

Michaelsen -Kwtsios- Morris- Goumas - Munch

Zutautas- Basinas- Sanmartean (or Sabanis)

Papadopoulos- Konstantinou

Pame mwrh arrwsteia, pame!!!! :box:

Please let it be Vyntra :( I don't trust Kotsios just yet...Also, playing with 3 middies scares me just a bit. I know Munch and Michaelsen will be going up the wings but I'm just a tad nervous that Tsartas and Zags will run rampant on Zuta and Sanmartean if they're having a rough day...ELLA VRE MIHALAKI! :box:

Archived