Phantis Forums

Corruption In The Greek Sl

Accor6

People can second guess all they want. I see a new kivernisi trying to clear this nonsense up.

If nothing gets done by them or Uefa I'm outa this forum and I will not asxouloutho with all this parody of nonsense again.It's all a sickness this negativity of cheating pseftomagies and this is not what sport should be. A fair playing field , an opportunity to appreciate a sport and a team we love in an environment that should accomodate it in the proper manner.

Uefa are just as bad trying to drown us with the big marketed teams and big money and big cleague finals accommodating their loved ones( barsa real and the other bullshit). No more Cinderella stories just brainwash the next gen of kids to miraculously become Chelsea and man city lovers or teams who they want to be seen. No more Porto,panathinaikos semi runs , no more galatasaray runs no more Sparta Prague Ajax runs just the big guns pumping everyone else......get f.... Plzzzzz this is not the sport I remember.

The football I want is the steauas winning cleagues like in the late 80s.Uefa need to be cleaned out they are buckling to all the major players. Bring back the rule : 7 locals and 4 foreigners on the pitch. Not this nonsense the big teams just cramming their team with the best around the world with endless budgets. Sport is not barsa sport is all the teams that compete, mAke the game fAirer. We are tired of being spoonfed red and white nonsense in Greece it's 20 yrs den pai Allo gamoto to paraxesane.

Edited by Spirtto13
  • Like it 4

^^You scratch me right where I itch with that post, exactly how i feel about the game.

Prior to the fall of communism, those sides from the East were untouchable and because the players would all stay together, they would in turn show up and perform well for their national sides.

Even in the late 90's, I still remember that great dynamo kyiv side trouncing barca 4-0 in the camp nou.

• Like it 1

Well looks like fatboy had a press conference and seems like everything is full speed ahead...

fatboy is still president (yet he's banned from football) and majority shareholder of the club

Olympiakos is still on the books for CL

Transfers were delayed b/c their TD, Issa, screwed up talks with many people (whether or not this was a cover story remains to be seen)

Doesn't seem like being "banned from football" means much nowadays....

Stayed at my parents home tonight and a sports talkshow popped up on TV.. discussing the recent events....

They pretty much echoed what I have been saying for the past couple days

1) Marinakis being "ousted of football" is an absolute crock...  He can go behind the scenes and still pull the strings as long as he is majority shareholder

2) Nothing will happen to olympiakos b/c EPO has not formally complained to UEFA about the issue (this is the major difference between the Turkish events and us)

3) Not much will change in regards to cleaning up the scene... there will still be bought refs/match fixing.. however owners will now be smarter and also be a lot more cautious before partaking in these activities

4) PAO, PAOK and AEK are all full of hot air in regards to pulling out of the league... All these clubs have paid or will pay a s%$#! ton of money... they will not risk their investment by not participating in the league...   They are just poor excuses for scare tactics.... could you imagine Essien's reaction if that happens... he'd be asking for the release clause in his contract 

5) Another scandal will be breaking within the next 3 days regarding 20 million euros... 

2) Nothing will happen to olympiakos b/c EPO has not formally complained to UEFA about the issue (this is the major difference between the Turkish events and us)

That is an interesting point and your right, that is the big difference between this situation and the Turkish banning of Fenerbahce.

In this instance if we were solely relying on EPO, the issue would not even be a discussion point. Everyone would continue on very free. EPO is equally as corrupt and the charges against Sarris confirm that.

What gives me comfort here is the government action against both EPO individuals and Marinakis. Why is the government all of a sudden keen to lock these guys up? I have said it before and I'll say it again, Marinakis and co. have seriously pissed people off and now they will face fallout. Is someone helping the government with these actions? Are these actions motivated by people wanting to clean up Greek football? Or do they seek payback for other matters? 

• Like it 1

The government has bigger problems than kicking out Greek teams of football dude....

They gotta worry about being ousted of Europe all together and putting food on their table.....

I honestly believe things will continue as is.... the only difference is we might see things a little "cleaner" b/c owners would really need to sit and think before participating in any of these activities

Let's just focus on the qualifiers for now...   

I think it's odd when people say that the government has better things to do than tackle corruption in the super league. Not everyone in the government is involved in debt negotiations, and I think showing the ability to reform in all facets of the country is very important. If Tsipras wants to show that the country can change, for the better, than this is a great way to do it.

The question isn't whether or not they should be ignoring this to focus on the debt crisis. The question is (or should be), why aren't they tackling more things? Tax evasion, bureaucracy, profligate spending, nepotism, criminal conspiracies, the drug trade...the country would be better off (and the creditors more pleased) if progress is shown on every front - which is something the previous government apparently failed to do.

Which is not to say that Syriza will do any of this. But just sayin'.

• Like it 2

My personal opinion is that unless something new comes out, then Olympiakos aren't going to cop any penalty. They'll play in Europe and keep the titles.

What I hope happens is that another club wins the league this coming season. Ideally Asteras, but I'd be happy for Pao, AEK or PAOK. Whomever is worthy.

Provided that there's no conjecture about the bias of match officials etc. Are the clubs ready though? I hope so.

Corrupt or not, (much like FIFA), what choice do you really have in the absence of an alternative?

There's good money in playing euro games. 

What makes it a bs is that Oly managed to rule the domestic league, thus capturing titles and then going directly to the CL group stages where many millions of $$ are given to the clubs. Then they use this money to buy players. Oly's budget is more than the rest of the league's teams combined!

Even in corrupt Italy, Juve was relegated to second division as punishment.

Veroia was never in trouble. For a game to be fixed with an exact score, you need the participation of both teams. I am sure that there was Olympiakos involvement, but only Veroia was accused of wrongdoing. I did not expect any other outcome.

Well tomorrow is the draw for the next season. Are Panathinaikos, PAOK and AEK still saying they will not take part? I did not think so.

Has anyone checked what's under the rug? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Like it 1

Lets see what happens...

I was a little hopeful since they haven't made any big signings and little signings from random SL teams... but now they are starting to spend a good amount of cash...   2 million for Kapino, 1 million for Gouta... 4 million for Pardo.... in total they spent 10 million (our entire budget) and there are still 3-4 more players on "their way"...

Given that they have proceeded with spending.. I dont see anything happen