Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

If I may?

--Karnezis--

--Papastathopoulos--Papadopoulos--Manolas--

--Kitsiou--Tachtsidis--Samaris--Holebas--

--Fortounis--

--Karelis--Mitroglou--

I've been against a 3-CB back line for a while, but Tudor has convinced me with PAOK - especially if Holebas doesn't have to defend as much.

• Like it 1

^T. Petsos to start imo. In good form

Petsos impressive reading of the victorious 2-3 away game along with his dominant overall playing, forced Ajax's players into more and more turnovers. The final whistle went and confirmed the a quality display from Rapid Wien had earned them not only a victory overall in the tie, but a famous win on the night in Amsterdam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4wI5b7d9k

If I may?

--Karnezis--

--Papastathopoulos--Papadopoulos--Manolas--

--Kitsiou--Tachtsidis--Samaris--Holebas--

--Fortounis--

--Karelis--Mitroglou--

I've been against a 3-CB back line for a while, but Tudor has convinced me with PAOK - especially if Holebas doesn't have to defend as much.

i like this line up but i would get karelis out and put ninis next to fortounis , fetfa would be 3th in line for that spot. i see 4 cb's has been called up and 5 full backs so i expect 2cb's to start. i also like to see oikonomou getting minutes in our next friendly. with moras ageing , it would be a good idea to start with that. to bad he is injured at the moment.

Karnezis - Torosidis (vs Finland Vyntra), Manolas, Papastathopoulos, Holebas - Tziolis, K. Papadopoulos, Tachtsidis/Petsos - Karelis, Mitroglou, Fortounis.

that is way too defensively minded....

we need balance...to me the key missing link and major weakness  in our team and major reason for our demise is we have no proper no. 6........

Taxi,Samaris are better further up.....without the 'defensive' tasks......We need to find a proper no.6....Maybe Petsos or Bouchalakis are the answer.....

.............................karnezis............................

kitsiou.............sokratis..........manolas............xolebas

..............................petsos.............................

.............taxi/samaris............fortounis................

ninis......................................................................kone/karelis

.................................mitro............................................

or .........

...............karnezis.............................

..............moras..........................

.....sokratis.........manolas.........

kitsiou...petsos....taxi....fortounis.....xolebas

.....................ninis..................

......................mitro.....................

I really like that lineup ^

Karelis is the new salpingidis.

Fefta is still the best Greek for his position and still has a place with us on our team.

If Messi went to play in saudi arabia right now for shits and giggles would he not still have a place for Argentina?

I think, of course he would.

Class is class.

Feftazidis isn't in Arabia because of decline, but rather economical. It's different.

It speaks volumes about his desire and ambition. He should not be called up until he gets a real job.

If Messi spent a year bumming in Myanmar, there is a good chance he'd be benched too.

Fetfa should not be included purely on principal.  If you include him, it sets a bad example for future players.  It's cool if he wants the money.  You just can't play for the NT.  I would feel no pity for him if he didn't get selected.  Saudi Arabia, seriously ?!?

Yes. I get it.

But the question is, who else on our NT can do what he does? On that RW. No one else naturally fits there.

I guess I'd slot Ninis in there if anything besides Fefta.

His move to the Saudi League is very unorthodox for a 24 year old footballer with so much potential.

He probably has his reasons though (the car crash near death experience / family needing funds back in greece etc.)

Edited by georgelaz

It's worth mentioning that Sanmartean will probably start for Romania and he too plays in Saudi Arabia. Also Marica has not been called up to the Romania squad; he's fallen out of favor for his club in Turkey. Our qualifying group is very weak. Its almost unthinkable that we missed out on Euro 2016.

Karnezis, Holebas, Sokratis, Kyriakos and Manolas are all fit. Samaris, Mitroglou, and Fortounis appear to be in good health and good form. Karelis and Fetfatzidis have the quality to impose themselves against Finland and Romania. There's no excuse if we don't win these next two games.

The Romania game wont be easy at all. We too have many injured players (Torosidis, Maniatis, Ninis) or players who dont have a club (Samaras, Christodoulopoulos, Salpingidis), and Tsanas is an average coach. I hope we will win but in these circumstances it will be very difficult.

Mendel, news flash for you...

Samaras has no club, Christodoulopoulos can not help this team and Salpigidis's ethniki days are well and truly over. These are not loses, we have better player now days

News for you: I wrote that Samaras is a free agent, Christodoulopoulos could help us now because we have only two somewhat experienced attackers (Fetfatzidis, Mitroglou), none of them is a left winger. Salpingidis was also a key member of the team and was way more experienced than Aravidis, Platellas or Fountas. Also he could help us more than any of the aforementioned players.

I think we can say with some confidence that the following players will not play for the Ethniki again:

Katsouranis

Salpi

Karabelas

Spyropoulos

Tzavellas

Samaras is probably done as well but he may find a club one of these next few years.

Karabelas could be called up, hes playing for Levante and is only 30. Tzavellas is only 27.

.....................Karnezis.........................

Sokratis...Manolas...KPaps........Holebas

...............Samaris......Taxi..................

Fetfa.........Fortounis........Karelis......

..................Mitro................................

I can not see Vyntra.no Fn way..Sokratis has handled RB in the Bundesliga I would even try Kitsiou at RB before Vyntra...they need to develop chemistry in the middle of the park but more important this team needs a W in the most epic way.

.....................Karnezis.........................

Sokratis...Manolas...KPaps........Holebas

...............Samaris......Taxi..................

Fetfa.........Fortounis........Karelis......

..................Mitro................................

I can not see Vyntra.no Fn way..Sokratis has handled RB in the Bundesliga I would even try Kitsiou at RB before Vyntra...they need to develop chemistry in the middle of the park but more important this team needs a W in the most epic way.

Two defensive midfielders are too few in our current form. We should play Tziolis too. And we should concentrate more on defending.

I dont think Tsanas would choose Kitsiou over Vyntra. When he was the coach versus Serbia, Vyntra and Avraam were in the starting eleven and the Kitsiou type players (Tasoulis, Bakakis) sat on the bench. This is important because of the chemistry too, Vyntra and Tziolis know the others fairly well. Id say Tsanas wont tinker with the line-up. Probably we will start like this: Karnezis - Vyntra, Manolas, Papastathopoulos, Holebas - Tziolis/Tachtsidis, K. Papadopoulos, Samaris - Fetfatzidis, Mitroglou, Karelis.

The match versus Romania will be tougher than the Finland game. We should use the strategy vs Romania on Friday too. So the guys will know the system better and will have more experience with it. It has become clear in the last months the system is very important in our case, much more important than which wingback will start, the more experienced and older one or a younger but equally average one?

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic