• Still favoured to do so
    • It's 50-50
    • There's a chance
    • Sparta Prague will go through
    • No comment!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favourites to go through? Not at all. Unless we see a dramatically different game, then they will be out. 2-0 is very possible, but that entails PAO keeping Sparta at "0", which will not be too easy with this loser backline.

Last year PAO came to OAKA, and actually made good chances, should have taken the lead for most of the game, and we were crap.

There is a chance, I beleive we can score 2 goals with the help of the venue. But its not just 2 goals. Its keeping Sparta away from the goal, and we cannot defend at home either.

I think the game is still in the balance. Sparta are favourites but it can be done if PAO plays well. Drakos is correct in saying that it will be a big test to try and keep them down to zero goals. Having said this I don't think one can look to last year's game at OAKA and say "Sparta were better". The circumstances were different. Last year Sparta had to win by 2 and they were chasing the game, this year we will be chasing the game. I have no doubt that we'll dominate possession, the question is can we do it? If HTC picks the right team, the players are motivated and the fans create a great atmosphere then I'm sure we can do it.

In my opinion for PAO to advance (I voted 50/50) the stars have to align, and all the other factors have to be right from the beginning... Assuming Ten Kate field a logical team.

If PAO comes is with a good plan and appropriate players in their position, dominates the game and begins to have chances right away, the odds improve dramatically. But, a desperate effort won't be fruitful.

Sparta can afford to stay back and defend, like all the smaller teams did to PAO last season and PAO couldn't break through. They haven't proved that they can break down such defenses. We'll see if this team is different.

the dutchmans choices might have been poor, tactically we could have been more attacking and won 5-0 with the right system and players, however that doesnt shy from the fact that the players were shite, even with that 11 we should have still won, maybe not by much and only just.

If the players lift, and get hungry.....even with vyntra, sarriegi n co, we can and will qualify......

if we dont, the inevitable will happen again....loss of stability, new coach, new out of favour players.. ala ivanschitz, cleyton goumas etc.... poor crowd attendances....

media lambasting our new board, and domazos with yet another article telling us i told you so....

Well, there's just no excuse for this crap. I'm tired of supporting a team but getting pissed off and angry half the time because of stupid, amateurish decision making. There are loads of teams out there who have less money but better coaches. If this management is made up of a bunch of morons who are only using the team to buy, sell and trade, then they should be forced out. The fans should take matters into their own hands. Otherwise, why should we "invest" in this team? Why should fans spend the money?

After we came as close as we did to advancing to the quarters of the CL last year, you would think they would take action to advance the team, but it looks like its for their own selfish interests AGAIN. After our performances last year, people here are wondering if we'll make it past Sparta. Does this make any sense? All of a sudden we may not get past Sparta? Mantzios was one of our most important players in Europe last year but they just had to let him go, they couldn't keep the guy, it was just too complicated for them. So they get Cisse. And Cisse, after several minutes with the team, is going to gel with everyone else, he's going to have this amazing chemistry. And the fans will rejoice. Mantzios, Ivan, Matos, Cleyton...like I said, if you start screwing around with something thats working...if it ain't broke...

You mention Ivan, Mattos and Cleyton... and if it aint broke dont fix it..

How many mintues did those three players get combined last season..

and more importantly how many mins did they get in the CL

Lets not over react..

The team is better... We played piss poorly but were also completely unlucky...

a missed penalty and a disallowed goal... and two great chances missed...

they had 4 chances and 3 goals.. all by individual mistakes...

We can make up for all of this in Athens... I still say 4-1... Maybe 3-0... Not sure yet..

Melissis, Mattos, Christodoulopoulos, Roukavina were eliminated from the 18 man unit, and most reports indicate that Moon will return to play RB, while Sariegi/Katsouranis/Leto will start instead of Kante/Simao/Gabriel in a probable 4-2-3-1/4-3-3:

------------------------Galinovic-----------------------

Moon--------------Vintra---Sariegi-----Spyropoulos

-----------------Katsouranis--Gilberto----------------

Salpigidis------------Karagounis----------------Leto

-------------------------Cisse------------------------

Sure, but I think Tkate will blow this one. Of course there will be missed chances but he won't field the best team with the appropriate players in their positions.

I voted 50-50 but I'm not optimistic at this point.

I think if PAO doesn't advance, TKate should go. Bring back Rocha with Fylakouris as his assistant.

I'm feeling rather confident BUT I just cannot understand what's going on with vyntra.. Is he ten cate's lover or something? According to sport-fm.gr and sport.gr he's likely once again to be in the starting 11. Why?

I sympathize him i do. He's one of those guys how gives his best and does what he can. But in this case it just isn't enough for me. I think that he lacks the vision of space around him (foolish passes) and just isn't a leader of the back line (say like henriksen or goumas some what were).

Bjärsmyr played well in one of those friendlies as CB. With sparta his tackle was awful in the third goal sure, but nevertheless I'd like to see him as CB - just can't be worse than loukas.. Or can he? :unsure:

Like earlier somewhere said: having the same CB duo as last year.. can't be happening. :o

Archived