Phantis Forums

Who should stay, and who should go?

paxiotis7

With the 2008 regular season over, ive been thinking who should stay, and who should go?

Right now we have too many left backs:

Bravo

Domi

Leonardo

Since Leonardo and Bravo are both new signings, I wouldnt be surprised to see Domi go. Leonardo and Bravo are more versitile as well. Bravo can play as a CD and leonardo can play as a left midfielder. I predict Domi will go since he is also getting up there in age as well.

In the Center Defence I think Ceasar should go and we should pick up a real rock. Some of you might not agree, but I think Sotiris Kyriakos would be perfect.

Pantos I think we need a replacement for. I doubt he will go though. Should be his last year for Olympiakos.

Djordjvic and Kovacevic have to go. Djordjvic hasnt really impressed me the second half of the year and his age is showing. IF your going to keep him, use him as a back up. Hell be a really good backup actally now that i think of it. A good leader and I doubt you can find a back up as technically as him at a affordable price. Same thing with Kova. Too old. Second half of the season he sucked. He has no ... "spring" anymore. His age showed. If your going to keep him, he can be good of the bench because of his good finishing.

Nunez should stay

Stoltidis should stay aswell. Like Kova and djole, your not going to find a better back up, especially with his leadership. I can see him as our captain next year if he has a good pre season. Either him or Niko. Niko should also stay too.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should go:

Konstantinou: I rate him, and when fully fit he's still one of the best strikers in Greece. But he's seems to be lacking confidence and the fans aren't helping. If Panionios' interest is genuine he should go there (or Aris, who lack an aerial presence).

Raul Bravo: Very good left back, but how many games have we had out of him? He's on way too much money to be in the hostpital all the time.

To stay at the club, but be replaced:

Nikopolidis: If not replaced, at least we should get a keeper to seriously challenge his no.1 status. Sifakis is s%$#! and just isn't good enough. If we do want a young keeper that can take over in the next couple of years I'd suggest Georgallidis from Omonia. Alex Manninger or Kuzcack might be better options though.

Antzas or Cesar: We need an upgrade here. In the CL Cesar is great and Antzas is s%$#!, and in the league it's the other way around. We need someone else to come while these 2 fight for the position. Kyriakos would be the best option if he's attainable, if not why not go for Tavlaridis?

Djole: I still think he's a very good player, but he is getting older and we need someone who can be more athletically imposing and consistent.

Stoltidis: I know he's loved, but he's really starting to slow down. This team lacks tempo, and we saw that against Chelsea. We can only play a slow-paced game and Stoltidis is one of the reasons. The scouts have to go and find another alogo in centre-mid, a new Yaya Toure.

Kovacevic: He is getting older, and we must find someone else who can get goals, and only use Kovacevic as an impact sub.

THE REST:

Bellushi should only be judged next season by which time he'll should have fully adapted. Nunez def deserves to play a lot more. Mitroglou seems to score all the time, so with the right coaching and opportunites I expect him to develop into a really good striker for the team. Katsikoyianni and Mendrinos also deserve more playing time so they can develop instead of just disappear (like Pappas).

Kuzcack, not a good keeper... trust me... :blink: :unsure:

Kuzcak's class mate. He may have had a couple of dodgy games for Man Utd, but it's not easy playing once every 6 months and to remain sharp. There's a reason Man Utd bought him, remember that. ;)

Guest TheLegend

Segoura, Ivic and Belucci should go.

Ivic is the reason we got amazing players like galleti ;)

Bellushi has only played afew games and needs time to adjust when he has the whole preseason to get ready im sure hell do better. Skill doesnt dissapear

Raul Bravo: Very good left back, but how many games have we had out of him? He's on way too much money to be in the hostpital all the time.

I say keep Bravo lose domi. My opinion, I just think Bravo will br less injury prone next year.

Take note !!

i have heard a rumor, not sure if its true, but does make sense...

If Chelsea, dont win the championship or champions league, Avram Grant has already accepted a contract offer from olympiacos worth around 3 million euro's a year. another part of this that makes sense is that Avrams Manager is Pini Zahavi (spelling) the manager that brought belluschi from river to thrylos.. and has excellent relationship with kokkalis and ivic..

stay tuned..

Take note !!

i have heard a rumor, not sure if its true, but does make sense...

If Chelsea, dont win the championship or champions league, Avram Grant has already accepted a contract offer from olympiacos worth around 3 million euro's a year. another part of this that makes sense is that Avrams Manager is Pini Zahavi (spelling) the manager that brought belluschi from river to thrylos.. and has excellent relationship with kokkalis and ivic..

stay tuned..

If Grant becomes our coach we will go 20 years backwards :tdown:

Please bring a REAL coach and NOT a KARAGIOZH :nono:

If Kokkalhs has the balls and contacts in Italy he should put his hands in his pockets and spend at least 10Million euros on a coach and stop the mal@#$s that have been happening in the last 5-6 years regarding coaches :tdown:

I say try and bring LIPPI to the club :1eye:

Then we can say Kokklhs means buissiness :whistle:

Olympiacos-Sydney, where did you hear this rumour? Do you have a link?

Avraam Grant is a brilliant coach!!! He's on the verge of the CL semi-finals and is joint top in the Prem. He's won (or managed a positive result) in every big game he's had: Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal, Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (CL), Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd. AND he's managed all this with many of his players playing half-heartedly... Drogba wants out, Lampard refuses to dismiss rumours that he's on his way to Juve; john Terry has had a bust-up with Grants' number 2; while Cudicini, Belletti, SWP, Tal Ben Haim, Alex, Bridge, Shevchenko, Pizzaro, and Makalele all saying they are unhappy with a lack of first team football.

If Mourinho had managed these results with all these problems everyone would be kissing his ass.

We would be VERY lucky to have a manager like him, so lucky in fact that I don't believe the rumour.

Avraam Grant is a brilliant coach!!! He's on the verge of the CL semi-finals and is joint top in the Prem. He's won (or managed a positive result) in every big game he's had: Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal, Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (CL), Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd. AND he's managed all this with many of his players playing half-heartedly... Drogba wants out, Lampard refuses to dismiss rumours that he's on his way to Juve; john Terry has had a bust-up with Grants' number 2; while Cudicini, Belletti, SWP, Tal Ben Haim, Alex, Bridge, Shevchenko, Pizzaro, and Makalele all saying they are unhappy with a lack of first team football.

If Mourinho had managed these results with all these problems everyone would be kissing his ass.

We would be VERY lucky to have a manager like him, so lucky in fact that I don't believe the rumour.

AGREE... They got a positive result this weekend and might snatch the title away from Man U (Who would've thought)

A Link of this rurmor would be great... Bring back KATANEC

I heard Maradona, Canniagia and Batistuta are on there way to the reds too!!! Bring in Lothar Matteaus as sweeper as well and the Reds might win the Champions League next year!!!!!!

I heard Maradona, Canniagia and Batistuta are on there way to the reds too!!! Bring in Lothar Matteaus as sweeper as well and the Reds might win the Champions League next year!!!!!!
I don't understand this file, can you explain please?

well that ineferior israeli is in conetniton for the CL and Premier league, so maybe OSFP would be far too lucky to get a coach like that.

In fact, that would be totally ridiculous to beleive that Grant would go to Gavros. But then again Gavros always has totally unrealistic rumours surrounding them since forever...

well that ineferior israeli is in conetniton for the CL and Premier league, so maybe OSFP would be far too lucky to get a coach like that.

In fact, that would be totally ridiculous to beleive that Grant would go to Gavros. But then again Gavros always has totally unrealistic rumours surrounding them since forever...

Grant is welcome to come only if he brings half of the Chelsea team :P :LOL: :LOL:

The man has done very very well.. he has inherited a great team true, but even good coaches some times cant get them to win games..

i wouldnt be surprised if he wins the cl.

i heard it from a mate of mine that lives close to stamford bridge,,

whether its true or not.. who knows?

i said it was a rumor.. and rumors are generally just trash talk..

Archived