Phantis Forums

Who should stay, and who should go?

paxiotis7

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wil end up with Terim. Would he be the first Turk to coach in Greece?

Very over rated coach, i hope Oly can get someone that can actually make a difference instead of make the team worse <_< where did you hear this rumour?

Guest TheLegend

Why even respond to rumors. That was 100% made up. Thas not even in the news. Brilliant idea greek lunatic...make up a rumo of a coach who has a job running through the season... nice try manga

Its all over the Greek sites. They go if it comes it will cost 2 million a year.

It would be a very silly move in my opinion. He has some very talented players at Turkey and he's been poor with them, particularly against the lesser teams. Olympiakos need a top coach, what is this idiot Kokkalis doing? Gordon Strachan could be on his way out of Celtic, he'd be a much better option. Avraam Grant, Gerrard Houllier, Dick Advacaart, Louis Van Gaal, Harry Redknapp, Le Guen, Michael Laudrup, Martin Jol, Victor Piturca, Leo Beenhakker, could also all be prized to Olympiakos and would be much better coaches in my opinion.

It would be a very silly move in my opinion. He has some very talented players at Turkey and he's been poor with them, particularly against the lesser teams. Olympiakos need a top coach, what is this idiot Kokkalis doing? Gordon Strachan could be on his way out of Celtic, he'd be a much better option. Avraam Grant, Gerrard Houllier, Dick Advacaart, Louis Van Gaal, Harry Redknapp, Le Guen, Michael Laudrup, Martin Jol, Victor Piturca, Leo Beenhakker, could also all be prized to Olympiakos and would be much better coaches in my opinion.

I agree. I've been going on about Strachan and Redknapp for ages. However I doubt Redknapp, Grant, or Houllier would come, and I don't rate Le Guen. But there are much better options than Terim. Alladyce is another that might be a good option to look at, I love the idea of Piturka and Laudrup too! :tup: Whoever we sign, it's bs though. He'll be sacked within a year.

Guest TheLegend

Euro2004... mourinho is also available. All these coaches you mentioned. They woudlnt want to come into Greece. They are in a far more prestigious position where they are.

Euro2004... mourinho is also available. All these coaches you mentioned. They woudlnt want to come into Greece. They are in a far more prestigious position where they are.

No they're not.

Gordon Strachan = could be on his way out of Celtic and will be jobless

Avraam Grant = Is virtually impossible, but if he is sacked by Chelsea, why not try?

Gerrard Houllier = Has been saying wants to get back into managing a team abroad that is in the CL, why can't Olympiakos give him that option?

Dick Advacaart = He won't hit the heights with Zenit next year that he has this year so he may want to look elsewhere.

Louis Van Gaal = After Euro 2008 he may want to re-enter club management. Same applies for Victor Piturca and Leo Beenhakker.

Martin Jol = has no job.

Harry Redknapp = If he wins the FA Cup he may want to move on because there'll be nothing more that he can realistically acheive at Pompy.

Paul Le Guen = Is at relegation threatened PSG.

Michael Laudrup = Has performed miracles at Getafe this year in the UEFA Cup, but next year they won't be in Europe, so why wouldn't he take a chance at a Champions League team?

This managers are not in the mould of Mourinho and some could be prized away, and all are better than Terim.

No they're not.

Gordon Strachan = could be on his way out of Celtic and will be jobless

Avraam Grant = Is virtually impossible, but if he is sacked by Chelsea, why not try?

Gerrard Houllier = Has been saying wants to get back into managing a team abroad that is in the CL, why can't Olympiakos give him that option?

Dick Advacaart = He won't hit the heights with Zenit next year that he has this year so he may want to look elsewhere.

Louis Van Gaal = After Euro 2008 he may want to re-enter club management. Same applies for Victor Piturca and Leo Beenhakker.

Martin Jol = has no job.

Harry Redknapp = If he wins the FA Cup he may want to move on because there'll be nothing more that he can realistically acheive at Pompy.

Paul Le Guen = Is at relegation threatened PSG.

Michael Laudrup = Has performed miracles at Getafe this year in the UEFA Cup, but next year they won't be in Europe, so why wouldn't he take a chance at a Champions League team?

This managers are not in the mould of Mourinho and some could be prized away, and all are better than Terim.

be prized away, and all are better than Terim.

Advocat got Zenit qualified for the Champions League Group Stage (theyre in 100%) a russian title, and to an UEFA cup final - which theyre heavy favourites to win.....

slim chance, very slim OSFP will be able to get him from Zenit, he just built that team, and theres no way hes not looking forward to testing them in the CL, especially after thrashing Bayern and making it to the UEFA final.. Zenit have a good fan base, fairly large budget, and some fantastic players... Hed be very stupid to leave for OSFP from Zenit..

We wil end up with Terim. Would he be the first Turk to coach in Greece?

technically no.....Lefteris Antoniadis back in the day coached at Aigaleo I think...he was a Turkish NT player and famous Fenerbahce player, half Turkish.... I think there was one other that was full Turk....wasnt there?

also Terim is a great coach...

Advocat got Zenit qualified for the Champions League Group Stage (theyre in 100%) a russian title, and to an UEFA cup final - which theyre heavy favourites to win.....

slim chance, very slim OSFP will be able to get him from Zenit, he just built that team, and theres no way hes not looking forward to testing them in the CL, especially after thrashing Bayern and making it to the UEFA final.. Zenit have a good fan base, fairly large budget, and some fantastic players...

Yes but Arshavin, Zyrianov, Tymoschuk and Pogrebnyak are all (heavily) rumoured to be on their way out. These are their 4 best players, if they lose them (which is looking increasingly likely) then it's game over because however big their fanbase and budget is, it's very difficult to attract big players to Russia. And so far, they only have 7 points from their first 6 games in the league which leaves them a mountain to climb if they want the title.

But even if he didn't want to come, I've listed 8 possible managers (and there are lots more) who are a class above Terim. Terim won the uefa cup and that's great, but what else has he done? Pesseiro also had a great uefa cup run, does that make him a great coach?

This current Turkish team is a joke, yet they have some fantastic players such as Tuncay, Altintop, and Aureillo. He can't build a good team with them though. His tactics were very bad against Greece (0-1) and Malta and Moldova and Bosnia, etc. He's not a great coach and Olympiakos need to be aiming higher.

slim chance, very slim OSFP will be able to get him from Zenit, he just built that team, and theres no way hes not looking forward to testing them in the CL, especially after thrashing Bayern and making it to the UEFA final.. Zenit have a good fan base, fairly large budget, and some fantastic players...

Yes but Arshavin, Zyrianov, Tymoschuk and Pogrebnyak are all (heavily) rumoured to be on their way out. These are their 4 best players, if they lose them (which is looking increasingly likely) then it's game over because however big their fanbase and budget is, it's very difficult to attract big players to Russia. And so far, they only have 7 points from their first 6 games in the league which leaves them a mountain to climb if they want the title.

But even if he didn't want to come, I've listed 8 possible managers (and there are lots more) who are a class above Terim. Terim won the uefa cup and that's great, but what else has he done? Pesseiro also had a great uefa cup run, does that make him a great coach?

This current Turkish team is a joke, yet they have some fantastic players such as Tuncay, Altintop, and Aureillo. He can't build a good team with them though. His tactics were very bad against Greece (0-1) and Malta and Moldova and Bosnia, etc. He's not a great coach and Olympiakos need to be aiming higher.

its not as difficult as youd think....

Zenit did manage to get Advocat, Tymoschuk (when he could have gone plenty pleaces), Fatih Tekke etc...

I dont think Zenit will lose all their strength.... and theres a lot of great talent in Russia waiting to be noticed that Zenit wont hesitate to take... and if they do lose those 4 players, Zenit will be completly loaded and will get some great players... theyve got the money, the exotic appeal, and guaranteed champions league...

As for the managers you listed yes theyre better than Terim, but what makes them so realistic......... Avraam Grant is simply not coming. Thats just extremley unrealistic. Just because hes may leave, doesnt mean hell so much as consider OSFP..... Redknapp? Redknapps a good coach, but hes your typical Englishman.....Hell circuit around the Premier league, and has the mentality to stay in England and more focused on the English game and league......

Laudrup is a hot ticket right now, much bigger clubs than OSFP are going to chase him if he leaves...hes been rumored to replace Rijkaard, and I wont be surprised the least bit if it happens, afterall Rijkaard is going to leave...

Terim won the UEFA, SuperCup, and 4 consecutive Turkish Championships...he took Turkey to the Euro's twice.... Hes not that bad. I dont beleive hes a miracle coach, but I do belevie more realistic.

the exotic appeal,

Exotic appeal?? :blink: plaka mas kaneis re? I don't think there's one non-Eastern European top player that would consider playing in minus 10 degrees exotic.

and guaranteed champions league...

So can 32 other teams offer him that, including Olympiakos.

As for the managers you listed yes theyre better than Terim, but what makes them so realistic......... Avraam Grant is simply not coming. Thats just extremley unrealistic.

Yes, this is just a dumb rumour, it's not unrealistic for Grant to sign at Oly, it's impossible.

Redknapp? Redknapps a good coach, but hes your typical Englishman.....Hell circuit around the Premier league, and has the mentality to stay in England and more focused on the English game and league......

Yeah but euro2004 is right in identifying him as a top manager. I've been saying for some time that's who we should target. He'll get us playing effective, physical football, through a team that's well-drilled and organized. He really is a top manager, although I agree that he's probably too Premiership-concerned to think about moving to Olympiakos.

Laudrup is a hot ticket right now, much bigger clubs than OSFP are going to chase him if he leaves...hes been rumored to replace Rijkaard, and I wont be surprised the least bit if it happens, afterall Rijkaard is going to leave...

True again, forget Laudrup

Terim won the UEFA, SuperCup, and 4 consecutive Turkish Championships...he took Turkey to the Euro's twice....  Hes not that bad. I dont beleive hes a miracle coach, but I do belevie more realistic.

Terim didn't win the Super Cup, he left before they played in it and he won 4 consecutive championships when Galatasary were a decent team and the rest of the league was a bourdello. He also took Turkey to the Euros twice, but with the quality players he had at his disposal only Alefanto would fail to get them to qualify.

Terim's a decent coach but if Olympiakos want to make any sort of progress he's not the right man for the job. I agree that some of the names mentioned by Euro2004 are unrealistic but Van Gaal, Advocart, Jol, Le Guen, and Strachan are all realistic moves in my opinion. My first choice would be Strachan but I also like the idea of Piturka who's been amazing with Romania. Whatever the case, Olympiakos need to aim higher than Terim imo.

I really like the idea of Jol. I always liked what he did for totteham even though he couldnt really get results. Le Guen and Advocat might are also good options that might happen. Strachan I dont think so. Alot of those english/scottish/irish guys dont like to leave to the UK. Anyone successfull in scotland or ireland normally ends up in the prem. As for Piturka, ive never herd of the guy, but Romania has certantly has some great results over that last few years and I bet he did a great job. I would welcome him with open arms

For a while now Ive been thinking that we would probably end up with segura. If we win the cup Kokkalis would defantly think of Segura as a cheep alternative to these big name coachs above. As of right now Segura is uncertain of what he is gonna do. I really hope he doesnt join us, but I have a bad feeling. He embarssed us vs a struggling aek and gave them a huge chance at the title.

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=76941

Guest TheLegend

Go:

Antzas, Cesar, Domi, Butina, Konstantinou, Djole(retire!), Kovasevic(if he doesn't want to be back up he should go), and Segoura.

Stay:

Everyone else.

Cesar = best player in the CL this year. Best player against Chelsea especialy in the first game. He alone shut down Chelsea.

Antzas.. probably the 2nd or 3rd best transfer this year...

sorry but your clueless if want think they both should go. Especialy antzas..

I dont think Cesar should stay. Despite doing good in the CL, he was brutal in everything else. Apprently Besiktas were asking for Ceasar and there was alot of money involved. If we get a good bid for Ceasar, he should go. No rush to sell him, but if an decent offer comes we shuold take it. We can do better than Ceasar. Do you remember the Thrasouvolou game? Ceasar was brutal.

Antzas should stay one more year. He was really good this year despite chocking in big games.

However it is essential we sign a big name center back.

Not my business really, but imo Ivic did a horrible job this season. Kovasevic was an excellent signing and Galetti/Ledesma kind of justified the money spent for them but look at what he achieved otherwise (provided that we believe the amounts reported): half Belluschi for 8 million; almost 10 million for Bravo, Nunez and Lua-Lua; 750.000 for Sisic(!!) etc. In addition, OSFP ended up with the most unbalanced squad ever: no OM, no back-ups for Djole or Galetti, no real stoppers etc. These are, however, the two things you want a "technikos dieuthintis" for: good business (if you spent 10 mil on a decent player, you didn't sign a useless guy but you wasted the money) and a balanced squad to face all but the worst crisis. Ivic failed imo, considering the budget he had in his hands. The question is: is this why he got the boot? I doubt it but I would sack him anyway.

Not my business really, but imo Ivic did a horrible job this season. Kovasevic was an excellent signing and Galetti/Ledesma kind of justified the money spent for them but look at what he achieved otherwise (provided that we believe the amounts reported): half Belluschi for 8 million; almost 10 million for Bravo, Nunez and Lua-Lua; 750.000 for Sisic(!!) etc. In addition, OSFP ended up with the most unbalanced squad ever: no OM, no back-ups for Djole or Galetti, no real stoppers etc. These are, however, the two things you want a "technikos dieuthintis" for: good business (if you spent 10 mil on a decent player, you didn't sign a useless guy but you wasted the money) and a balanced squad to face all but the worst crisis. Ivic failed imo, considering the budget he had in his hands. The question is: is this why he got the boot? I doubt it but I would sack him anyway.

Galletti kind of justified? :huh: Galletti was Olympiakos' best all round player this year. Kovacevic went goal-nuts, Lua Lua offered more to the CL campaign than any player and his work ethic, skill and pace was really missed when he got injured, Bravo cost no where near 10 million and it wasn't Ivic's fault he got injured, Nunez is a good player when he's actually given the chance. While Ledesma has really been solid.

It's too early to judge Belluschi, although admittedly thus far he hasn't been great. But reports have emerged today that Bayern are looking at him so he can't be that bad, give the guy a chance. The only player that has really flopped was Archubi. Even Sisic has put in a couple of decent performances and isn't bad as a squad player.

Ivic did well. Kokkalis is a megalomaniac and he will destroy this Olympiakos team. Mark my words, now that Demi is starting to make slow, but significant, strides with AEK, and that Vgenopoulos & the fans are demanding change at PAO, Olympiakos will begin to erode. Their domination won't last much longer, and it's not because of the players, but because of Kokkali.

i cant believe that kokks got rid of ivic. horrible decision and for once in a long time i agree with DUDE. wow.. strange how that feels.

Alla i really dont rate ledesma. i find he is as replaceble as vyntra or tziolis. In fact id rather have tziolis

I reckon Ivic said we needed a good coach and money for transfers and Kokkali sacked him. Also i hope this doesnt mean that Kokkalis is gonna keep segura as head coach cause if he does we will be looking for a new coach by October. I have heard that Karembeu is the favourite to replace Ivic.

Archived