Phantis Forums

Who should stay, and who should go?

paxiotis7

Galletti kind of justified? :huh: Galletti was Olympiakos' best all round player this year. Kovacevic went goal-nuts, Lua Lua offered more to the CL campaign than any player and his work ethic, skill and pace was really missed when he got injured, Bravo cost no where near 10 million and it wasn't Ivic's fault he got injured, Nunez is a good player when he's actually given the chance. While Ledesma has really been solid.

It's too early to judge Belluschi, although admittedly thus far he hasn't been great. But reports have emerged today that Bayern are looking at him so he can't be that bad, give the guy a chance. The only player that has really flopped was Archubi. Even Sisic has put in a couple of decent performances and isn't bad as a squad player.

Ivic did well. Kokkalis is a megalomaniac and he will destroy this Olympiakos team. Mark my words, now that Demi is starting to make slow, but significant, strides with AEK, and that Vgenopoulos & the fans are demanding change at PAO, Olympiakos will begin to erode. Their domination won't last much longer, and it's not because of the players, but because of Kokkali.

Dont forget all these players didn't know each other before the year. This was a whole new team that Ivic built so fast, its amazing. Ivic could not have done a better job with the money he had. What did Ivic do wrong? He was the one who did everything perfectly? Its all the other staff at olympiakos that sucked, the trainers, the doctors, and alot of the times the coaches. But Lemonis wasnt that bad. Kokkalis thinks were a big epl team that we can afford, to fire and hire people at will, because managers all around the world want to coach us and not Liverpool. We have to get a good coach and technical director who can work well together. Stick with them for a few years. Let them have plans, and let them build a team. Were not Liverpool. We can just say were having problemes with strikers go out and buy Torres for 26 million pounds. Ivic and Lemonis could have done something great.

Why would we fire ivic? What more could he have done? Greek double and a birth in the CL final? Its the kinda same thing with Lemonis. I'm afraid to agree with you but I think your right. Olympiakos hit its peek this year and is going to start to go downhill. In terms of the results of course. But we can get out of this. We have the facilities and money etc. and we have the stadium. So as long as the fans go to the games, well be fine for now. But dont expect Cl every year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The firing of Ivic is a disgrace and a terrible decision. Why did he get fired? Kokkali is a m#$%!.

As for who I want to go, our defenders stink. They aren't good. We need a major upgrade int hat position if we want to ever do anything in Europe.

This current Turkish team is a joke, yet they have some fantastic players such as Tuncay, Altintop, and Aureillo.

fantastic players such as Aurelio ???

are you smoking too much ganja or somethin' ???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

just because he was the only cheered player against Greece some 7-8 months ago doesn't make him a better player, let alone fantastic!

as an insider -about Terim, that is- I also think he massly underachieved with Turkish NT in his second reign but as a club coach he is a proven winner as already stated by drako.

he would definitely be a better option than Le Guen or an ice-cold Houillier imho.

why on earth ivic was fired after OSFP's most successful season in Europe in 10 years?? <_<

...i hope petroulaki wears protective gear for a few days, ivic may revert to violence to channel his frustrations.

i know its morally wrong but i ve been laughing for two minutes now...

instant classic! :tup:

i think whats also a factor is that ivic wants/needs kokkalis to spend massive money. kokkalis doesnt want that. he is a businessman. he can win the greek league without paying 10 mio for bellushi. thats the problem with top coaches. they will want kokkalis to spend. kokkalis wont spend if he doesnt earn. this years spendable cash is gone (bellushi), so i dont expect a BIG expensive transfer from kokkalis unless pao makes massive moves. thats the issue.

if a van gaal comes and demands two-three star players from the dutch league, kokkalis will have to spend some 30 mio euros, which he doesnt want to do. and wont do.

instead he has his propaganda machine make us believe how much money he pumps into olympiakos, when most transfers he does make are free transfers and he seldom if ever spends more than he earns.

This current Turkish team is a joke, yet they have some fantastic players such as Tuncay, Altintop, and Aureillo.

just because he was the only cheered player against Greece some 7-8 months ago doesn't make him a better player, let alone fantastic!

as an insider -about Terim, that is- I also think he massly underachieved with Turkish NT in his second reign but as a club coach he is a proven winner as already stated by drako.

he would definitely be a better option than Le Guen or an ice-cold Houillier imho.

why on earth ivic was fired after OSFP's most successful season in Europe in 10 years?? <_<

Aurelio isnt that great but Turkish team but he does have a point they have some big players and talents, Altintop, Tuncay, Arda, and even Hakan Sukur is still a very capable goalscorer....

Also dont be too quick to judge him on a bad patch of form with Turkey either.... Rehagel has had some very bad spells with us too - Turkey did afterall make the Euro, and id wait to see how Turkey plays in the Euro before reserving judgement on him completly as to what hes done with Turkey...

I actually rate Aureillo too. He protects the defense well whenever I've seen him.

I'm not too keen on Terim, I think Turkey have massively underacheived under him. Some of the players are technically fantastic, but the team is average. At Olympiakos most of the players aren't technically fantastic, so I can only imagine what he manages to do!

On a positive note though, he was very vocal against the Fiorentina board, maybe that's what we need here. A coach that will tell Kokkali where to go... mind you we had that in Bajevic and it hasn't changed the chairman.

you guys had that with katanec as well and he was gone fairly quickly. i think another major mistake by kokkalis.

with terim things could be different. i believe kokkalis also wants terim or before him tuncay for publicity reasons also. kokkalis is always very keen on influence in the turkish market and has good contacts and business ventures going on there. terim coaching olympiakos will give kokkalis further positive publicity. a minor reason but kokkalis is a businessman way before he is olympiakos. therefore sacking terim could be an obstacle for kokkalis moreso than any other coach before him.

probably you ll remain with seguerra in the end anyways. everything aelse may just be media propagande like the time olympiakos chased ze roberto and the moment they were the only team in for him since every other team revoked their interest. kokkalis issues an anakoinosi that they are not going after him since he plays games with olympiakos. on a sidenote why would bayern want bellushi given the garbage he showed so far and his price tag? and why would bellushi prefer olympiakos :LOL: just media propaganda to make olympiakos fans believe that you have a president that makes things happen. in the end they will probably hail kokkalis for snatching away cardozo of asteras from real madrid who offered ten mio. but the player wants thrylos and kokkalis offer was better :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

bahh!!!! Thanks for the memories........ :LOL:

the highlight : that one amazing goal against PAO......i dont know how many players or 3 year olds could have intercepted what was going to be Biscan own goal and tapped into the net... great things await Mihalakis Bey...

Ends up OSFP - dumb move. *not in offense to OSFP, but he didnt do absolutley anything for his career there, except put it 2 years off the map.... he was stupid and greedy not to go abroad when he had the chance.

But anyways, you all know I hate this player....... maybe Anorthosis will sign him....that be perfect for both parties.....Konstantinou can get first team play and Anorthosis can finally get a big name point striker they need...I can see that going well. If not maybe back to Iraklis or maybe Aris...

the highlight : that one amazing goal against PAO......i dont know how many players or 3 year olds could have intercepted what was going to be Biscan own goal and tapped into the net... great things await Mihalakis Bey...

Ends up OSFP - dumb move. *not in offense to OSFP, but he didnt do absolutley anything for his career there, except put it 2 years off the map.... he was stupid and greedy not to go abroad when he had the chance.

But anyways, you all know I hate this player....... maybe Anorthosis will sign him....that be perfect for both parties.....Konstantinou can get first team play and Anorthosis can finally get a big name point striker they need...I can see that going well. If not maybe back to Iraklis or maybe Aris...

Fair points there.

I personally agree with you that he did very little at his time at Oly.

The standout memory was that goal against PAO that as you say was probably going in anyway.

Fair points there.

I personally agree with you that he did very little at his time at Oly.

The standout memory was that goal against PAO that as you say was probably going in anyway.

In his first season he got 13 goals, not bad.

In his 2nd year he had injuries problems but he was our best player in the CL after Nery.

This year he's been injured all year.

I too think it's time for him to move on though. Aris need a target man and that would be a great move for him. Drakos is also right about Anorthosis, if they want to be ambitious and make the CL this year Konstantinou could be a great acquisition. Although I think he's too good to go back to Cyprus just yet.

and boys like i said Avram Grant is now available after just being sacked.

do you think we were waiting to see the outcome with him?

i personally dont think he is a bad coach..

Forget him, he wouldn't go to Olympiakos. He wants to be at an ambitious club.

How do you know? Is that a fact or is that actally wants?

Imo he wouldnt mind coaching at a club like Olympiakos. He wasnt a big coach till chelsea, so Olympiakos is not really a small club compared to what he is used to. And plus he is from a similar sytem to olympiakos' where the owner has all the power. Kokkalis is the Abromavich of greek football. And if Grant didnt mind not having as much authority at chelsea then I guess he wouldnt mind it at OSFP. I dont see him ending up at OSFP but its a possiblity no?

Has he expressed anything about where he wants to go? Like what league or anything? He seems like one of those guys that would enjoy greece. Its similar to his home isreal anyways.

How do you know? Is that a fact or is that actally wants?

Imo he wouldnt mind coaching at a club like Olympiakos. He wasnt a big coach till chelsea, so Olympiakos is not really a small club compared to what he is used to. And plus he is from a similar sytem to olympiakos' where the owner has all the power. Kokkalis is the Abromavich of greek football. And if Grant didnt mind not having as much authority at chelsea then I guess he wouldnt mind it at OSFP. I dont see him ending up at OSFP but its a possiblity no?

Has he expressed anything about where he wants to go? Like what league or anything? He seems like one of those guys that would enjoy greece. Its similar to his home isreal anyways.

Grant has always been a big man in football, he's just never been a high-profile manager. But he's been director of football at Chelsea too.

He's proved he's a world class manager... if you only consider the points acquired since he was in charge at Chelsea then he effectively won the league. He also out-thought Fergie in the final and was simply unlucky not to win the CL.

He's been offered a job by Man City with millions to spend, they are ambitious. Thaskin (their owner) wants a spot in the CL and eventually to acheive great things with them. At Oly what ambition is there? Also, the diff between Abramovich and Kokkalis is that Abra is willing to spend millions and he doesn't get involved in tactics, Kokkalis wants trophies by spending virtually nothing and he wants to pick the team too (which is why Bajevic used to have a stipulation in his contract stating that he is solely responsible for on-field activities). Grant is way too much of a professional to ever sign at our bourdello.

Archived