Phantis Forums

PAO VS Lokomotiv Moskauw

Tsoglani

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great game for pao!!!!!

oti kai na po gia ton salpiggidi tha einai ligo... autos o anthropos einai killer!!! skeftite mono oti opote den scorare o salpi den exoume kerdisei...

bravo ston simao too!

1 Panathinaikos 9

2 Atlético Madrid 7

3 FC Copenhagen 3

4 Lokomotiv Moscow 2

5 Aberdeen 1

so next week will be two important fights between Pao and Madrid for First place and "braging" rights and also Aberdeen and Copenhagen for 3rd and survival...

all we have to do next week is draw so the preasure will be on madrid however it is a home game for them and ill be very intrested to see pao test their "strangth" against a tought opposition :box:

I like Pesseiro's philosophy, that is, to try to win these games. Even if we don't do it (like with xanthi) but at least it sets the tone. How many (too many) coaches in the past would play very conservatively such games?...

I can see another win in Spain next win, but I'd be very happy with a draw. Let's not forget that Greece should gain points so 2 of our teams go to the CL again (only 1 next season.... It'll be PAO but, hey, it's nice to see another Greek team too :P )

PS. Salpi may not seem like a great stricker (too short, etc), but I like his work ethic AND his contributions so far. He is a starter in my book. PAO may need a different kind of a striker, but Salpi has several good years ahead of him. With good support/service he can hound the opponent's defensive line.

papadopoulos is so terrible and so is Ndoye......

if PAO get a real class striker well win the league pretty easily.....pap/salp/ndoye are so mediocre....we need another vazexa and we neet a talented fast/powerful striker this Christmas...

So much to the mediocre Salpi. Dude you surely should change your mind about Salpi. I say he is the best striker right now in the Superleague.

He's got 5 goals in Championship 2 or 3 in Uefa and not sure about how many if any in greek cup

salpi is a mediocre??????

did you watch paos game at all?

I only stated what Drakos13 said

I dont believe Salpi is mediocre read my post

gia ton drako to leo ;)

salpi is a mediocre??????

did you watch paos game at all?

I only stated what Drakos13 said

I dont believe Salpi is mediocre read my post

gia ton drako to leo ;)
Drakos still seems pissed off that Gekas left even though Gekas seems to have massive problems right now at Leverkusen. I think this is the reason he speaks like this about Salpi.

o drakos to parakanei merikes fores... genika ola tou ksinizoun... den thelo na dimiourgiso provlimata alla auti einai i gnomi mou...

Lokomotive defense was a joke, and Pao played a really good game today.

I was pleasantly surprised by the 19 year old Simao today. He showed some good skill at DM. Fyssas was excellent and so were Sariegi and Morris.

Salpigidis is an excellent striker. He is like a fox. He lacks size, but he makes it up with determination, quickness, and instincts.

Salpigidis has been a solid scorer for the past three years, and this year he boasts a 62% scoring frequency in all competitions (he scores at least once in 62% of the games he plays). In the Super League alone he has a 67% scoring frequency. I doubt we'll find another striker with such accuracy out there. The great Warzycha had a usual scoring frequency in the low forties for comparison.

Salpigidis is an excellent striker. He is like a fox. He lacks size, but he makes it up with determination, quickness, and instincts.

Salpigidis has been a solid scorer for the past three years, and this year he boasts a 62% scoring frequency in all competitions (he scores at least once in 62% of the games he plays). In the Super League alone he has a 67% scoring frequency. I doubt we'll find another striker with such accuracy out there. The great Warzycha had a usual scoring frequency in the low forties for comparison.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Come now, are you saying he's bbbbbetter than the great Konstadinou? :LOL: :LOL:

Boy, did we unload that player in good time...

Of course, Salpi has been the most reliable striker we've had in many years. With better service from midfield he'll be doing good things for us. I understand if you say that we could use a forward with imposing size, but usually those don't come with the flexibility of a smaller-sized but one who can finish AND create chances for others.

all im going to say is evey time salpi has scored this season, we have won..team looked good today..i was impressed with simao..glad to know we have another talented youngster..

now we have atletico...i believe we can break down their defense but thats not what scares me..its whether we can stop their offense..we have a good defensive line but it will be in for a tough match..

Good win for pao.

Salpi is a very good player imo no matter what any of you say. I didnt see this game to day but im sure him being subbed on made a huge difference.

Way to bring points to greek football :gr:

btw pao seems liek there in very good form.

An all around dominating performance. Sure lokomotiv were forced to play open... but considering they were playng ''open'', they could onl muster 3 shots and 2 decent chances. that says something about our defence.

And now AEK and Oly fans will jump in and say:

''well, u were only playing against Lokomotiv Moscow''.

Yes. We were. The same Lokomotiv Moscow that, so far, is the only team to steal points away from Athletico Madrid.

Truth of the matter is, there are no easy teams in europe. at least not at this stage.

Xanthi were not as good as Lokomotiv were today.

But you see fellow ''phantis members'', this is football. when u score a goal, the other team has to risk a bit more. Even that little bit can make the difference between a draw or one goal game and a blow out.

For example, had pao scored in the first 20 minutes against Xanthi, where we had 3 good chances and a missed penalty call, the game would of probably ended up in the 3 or 4-0 range. but the fact that we couldnt score, made xanthi play with 3 cb's and two backs, 3 in the midfield and both forwards playing behind midfield.

Now obviously pao is not a perfct team. the fact that we couldnt get that first goal, made us lose points in the end. thats the difference between not losing, which in paos case is losing ANY points, and winning.

take aek for example. they beat Aris in the 80th minute with an own goal. had they not scored, people would of said... well u see, Harilaou is a tough place to play. No big teams will leave there with all 3 points this season. AEk scored and won, we didnt and drew xanthi. Thats football.

as for todays game

Galinovic looked shaky many times and i think its time to let our real keeper get back to playing the way he did before he was replaced for no reason.

Morris and Sariegi were great all game long.

Vyntra struggled throughout the whole match.. not so much giving away chances but just with ball control and offensive help. Eventually he was the player that made the cross on salpis header goal and all was forgotten.

Fyssas had a wonderful game on the left side. he was great defensively and pushed forward with ease. Flashes of the pre rizoupoli fyssas.

Simao was a monster for most of the game. Strong tackler. good with the ball. but towards the end, u could tell his stamina wasnt up to par and tired down.

Tziolis was amazing today. he did all the little things defensively and FINALLY, I REPEAT FINALLY, peseiro let one of his 2 DM's loose and created chances,pushed forward, too shots and set up the first goal. THIS GOES BACK WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. PAO SHOULD BE PLAYING WITH ONE DM IN GREECE.

Dimoutsos was a warrior and did well but lacked that finishing touch pass or shot to look even more effective.

Romero was surprisingly effective out there today and missed two golden chances to score early which would of blown this game wide open.

Kara came on and looked fresh. this is the Kara i want on my team.

pap and ndoye hustled liek crazy created chances.. but for about 25 to 30 minutes... they were lacking help from the midfield in creatign goal scoring chances. Ndoye had a glorious shot saved which started from a wonderful dribble over the defender and shot in midair. he has pure talent.

Salpi came on and proved hwo good he is. he had two goals, one from his pace and one from his keen ability to find open space, wonderful header. he missed two more great chances to score and could of had a hat trick in 5 minutes if the great play between he and pap would of not been saved by their keeper.

Two things.

1- Salpi has to play with pap more often, this was the first time since the levadiakos game they played together and looked awesome.

2- Salpi has to play most if not all the time. you have to win and lose with THIS player.

Ninis came on and showed hustle but played for only about 10 minutes. Looked rusty but showed that his confidence is growing.

best game pao played thsi season.

1- Salpi has to play with pap more often, this was the first time since the levadiakos game they played together and looked awesome.

2- Salpi has to play most if not all the time. you have to win and lose with THIS player.

My sentiments exactly!

The only reservation I have is, last year Munoz rode salpigidis all the way, and it was evident that he ran out of steam towards the end of the season (hense our plight after the AEK game). So I am in favor of giving him a rest whenever we can. I think Peseiro manages the players with the long term picture in mind. It's just that the other players, must step up and score whenever Salpi is not in.

Archived