Phantis Forums

AEK - Sevilla

Genome

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

steaua is not better then aek file separakalo, and if we get threw we can take slavia also, arsenal is another case all 2gether, but with only 1 competitive game foe aek i dont se how we can beat sevilla , the team hasent had the time 2 gel and get into some kind of rythm with blanco ribo and are new signing manu............so

uefa we will make some serious noise, all comers beware for the yellow and black

onlt thing that worries me is are gk with moretto, arabatzis is still young and inexperienced, any news on who aek will get for a gk or is it over

one of 2 things will happen on monday either sevilla are gonna come with fire inthere hearts and play there asses of for puerta, or they will crumble over the loss of puerta

not to say that aek wont come out gunning for goal over the devastation in greece we will find out whats more powerfull and spiritual a loss a life or a country burned to a crisp with casualties.

sevilla won 4 staight and after the loss of puerta lost there 1st game against milan im hoping thats the begining of a losing streak for sevilla.

I beleive manu ,blanco, and ribo can cause some problems up front

This is no disrespect, but every game for Sevilla cannot be for Puerta.

Sevilla will be tired from the stress and emotion they threw at Milan, and from France travelling to Athens to get it together - AEK is waiting and this is a good opportunity.

Personally Im against public mourning and "displays" of personal emotion that are purely for camera purposes (Like Sevilla players looking at the "sky" before the game - thats overdoing it. Genuine grief is not done for cameras, that is mockery in my opinion and it makes me sick,

I hope AEK dont fall into the bandwagon of Puerta banners - AEK fans never heard of the guy till he died. Thats just ingenuine.

Im pretty saddened by the news of Antonio myself, but its still extremely hippocritical of FIFA to wait until one player dies to postpone the game, after AEK is in a national emergency AND REQUESTED IT only for "it cant be done" response, 63 people are dead, thousands of lives are RUINED as well as family members of a lot of players - but when one Sevillan goes its the biggest tragedy in the world.

And wheres the silence in UEFA for the horrible events in Greece?

F*** UEFA. Im sorry about Puerta, but we all have our own problems at home and putting on the stupid cinematics of his tragedy is disgusting, and ignoring us after our pleas, cries for help from Europe is even worse...

AEK should go out there and win this game for Greece, this game has nothing to do with Antonio Puerta.

When a man dies, it is a tragedy, when 1000, a statistic. (Stalin?)

This is no disrespect, but every game for Sevilla cannot be for Puerta.

Sevilla will be tired from the stress and emotion they threw at Milan, and from France travelling to Athens to get it together - AEK is waiting and this is a good opportunity.

Personally Im against public mourning and "displays" of personal emotion that are purely for camera purposes (Like Sevilla players looking at the "sky" before the game - thats overdoing it. Genuine grief is not done for cameras, that is mockery in my opinion and it makes me sick,

I hope AEK dont fall into the bandwagon of Puerta banners - AEK fans never heard of the guy till he died. Thats just ingenuine.

Im pretty saddened by the news of Antonio myself, but its still extremely hippocritical of FIFA to wait until one player dies to postpone the game, after AEK is in a national emergency AND REQUESTED IT only for "it cant be done" response, 63 people are dead, thousands of lives are RUINED as well as family members of a lot of players - but when one Sevillan goes its the biggest tragedy in the world.

And wheres the silence in UEFA for the horrible events in Greece?

F*** UEFA. Im sorry about Puerta, but we all have our own problems at home and putting on the stupid cinematics of his tragedy is disgusting, and ignoring us after our pleas, cries for help from Europe is even worse...

AEK should go out there and win this game for Greece, this game has nothing to do with Antonio Puerta.

When a man dies, it is a tragedy, when 1000, a statistic. (Stalin?)

As insensitive as this sounds, I pretty much agree with you. It's a brave post that holds alot of truth.

Call me crazy but for some reason i fell good about 2morrows game, i forsee a 3-0 w. :tup:

:blink: I really doubt that but if this happens, check the British news because you will see me climbing Big Ben to celebrate witha couple of flares!! :gr:

I thought this one is on ANT1 Satellite (I might be wrong, if someone knows please correct me).

Btw a question on our goals we have to make:

if we make two goals, do we get extended time (and thus a chance to make a third)? Or does Sevilla still win if we only score twice, as they had the first home game?

Match will not be on ANT1 Sat. Thats only for the Super Liga matches.

Its on Mega in Greece but not Mega Cosmos here. The only way to see this match is the ususal sopcast.....

If AEK wins 2-0 then it goes to extra time.

Ok thanks mk21 :tup: !

Here's an article on the game and Sevilla's disadvantages tonight:

After what has been the most traumatic week in the club's 102-year history, Sevilla FC return to competitive action at AEK Athens FC tonight as they strive to win a place in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League for the first time.

Difficult task

The UEFA Cup winners of the past two seasons carry a 2-0 lead into the rearranged away leg of their third qualifying round tie but have a number of factors to contend with if they are to make only their second appearance in the European Champion Clubs' Cup – 50 years after their debut. Not only will Sevilla have to overcome tired legs following a 3-1 UEFA Super Cup loss to AC Milan in Monaco on Friday but will still be battling the emotions following last week's death of midfielder Antonio Puerta.

Puerta tribute

Sevilla coach Juande Ramos remains confident that the Andalusians will bounce back. "We have every hope of getting a victory to dedicate to Antonio so if my team put in the same effort they made [on Friday] there is nothing more I can say," he said. "We need a victory to get back to normality and that's what we'll try to do against AEK. We are really looking forward to getting into the Champions League group stage. I hope the team will have all the strength needed in order to triumph, but we haven't had much time to prepare."

Rested players

Ramos selected a strong side against Milan including Daniel Alves who underlined his commitment to the club amid transfer speculation with a committed display. The Brazilian faces a late fitness test today due to an injury to his left knee, while goalkeeper Andres Palop has mild concussion. Midfielders Enzo Maresca, Tom De Mul and Diego Capel, defenders Federico Fazio and Andreas Hinkel and forward Luis Fabiano were all rested, however, and are back in contention for the trip to Greece, although Arouna Koné was not registered in time following his move from PSV Eindhoven. Javi Navarro (knee), Adriano Correia (calf) and Duda (calf) are also missing.

Arruabarrena boost

AEK have been boosted by the news that Spanish left-back Rodolfo Arruabarrena is fit to play after successfully overcoming a pulled thigh muscle to train on Sunday. AEK coach Lorenzo Serra Ferrer will be without central defender Traianos Dellas because of a leg injury, with Sokratis Papastathopoulos likely to deputise. AEK reached the group stage last term but know they will have to score at least twice if they are to book their place in a section featuring Arsenal FC, SK Slavia Praha and FC Steaua Bucureşti.

Positive mood

"After our 2-0 defeat in the first leg, it's true that our task is very difficult," said Serra Ferrer, a former coach of Sevilla's local rivals Real Betis Balompie;. "But we remain positive and we have to believe that we can overturn the situation. We must find it in our game to make things difficult for our opponents. Our aim is to score a goal as quickly as possible as that will give us wings and lift our morale."

Source.

Archived