Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Spain

Ziaka

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eleftheropoulos plays in Serie A (for Siena I think) and he did well last season for Ascoli. He may be getting up there in years (31 years old) but then again, he might be a better option than Chalkias or Nikopolidi at this point. It is a friendly after all so what do we have to lose?

As for a younger keeper, who would you suggest? Sifakis and Kotsolis are not NT material (at least not yet) and other than those two, who else is in the fold?

If I were Otto, I'd call up Tavlaridis and Eleftheropoulos for this game. Play Ele for the first half and then put in Chalkias for the second. I'd keep Tav in there for the whole game to see what he can do.

agreed. i'd go further and give ele the full 90 mins

Very strong friendly! A pleasant surprise!

Agreed that King Otto should try out the lineup for the Norway game though I would like to see him give some playing time to Stathis Tavlaridis. He's going from strength to strength in a strong league and deserves a chance!

Maybe a stupid question - but what is Zagorakis' role in this game?

Propably he would play a couple of minutes or maybe a whole half and then get substituded.At that time is when the activities will comence.As far as the game goes i dont believe that anyone will take it seriously ot try hard.It is the start of the season,who wants to get injured on a friendly/farewell game?

Like crazy said, Zagorakis will be honored for his NT services in the past and will probably play for a short period of time. I think he will play anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes and will be subbed so he can get a standing ovation from the fans.

Back in 1995, there was a similar game at Toumba (last NT game played at Toumba) honoring Georgios Koudas. despite the fact that Koudas was 40 years old and retired, he played for 15 minutes against Yugoslavia. I expect something similar with Zagorakis.

Just for the record, this will be Zagorakis's 120th game for the Greek NT.

Like crazy said, Zagorakis will be honored for his NT services in the past and will probably play for a short period of time. I think he will play anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes and will be subbed so he can get a standing ovation from the fans.

Back in 1995, there was a similar game at Toumba (last NT game played at Toumba) honoring Georgios Koudas. despite the fact that Koudas was 40 years old and retired, he played for 15 minutes against Yugoslavia. I expect something similar with Zagorakis.

Just for the record, this will be Zagorakis's 120th game for the Greek NT.

I hope he plays the full 90 mins. Its his day after all!

I'm disappointed in Otto. This would have been a great game to try things. I'd play 2 different teams in this, in the 1st half I'd play a memorial/testimonial team:

----------------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------

Seitaridis------------------Goumas---------------------Kyriakos----------------Torosidis

Patsa---------------Katsouranis-------Zagorakis--------Karagounis------Papadopoulos

--------------------------------------------Gekas--------------------------------------------

In the 2nd half I'd go for abit more experimentation:

----------------------------------------Chalkias----------------------------------------------

Seitaridis---------------Papastathopoulos------------Kyriakos--------------Spyropoulos

Ninis-----------------Patsa-----------Zagorakis----------Torosidis------------Amanatidis

----------------------------------------Samaras---------------------------------------------

With Lybe coming on for Zagorakis at some point and playing alongside Geka.

I say this because, for me, where the team is lacking most is energy in the midfield and if Spyropoulos can play at left back that frees up Torosidis to move into midfield. We need more energy in centre-mid, if we manage that I think we can reignite the flame that we had in Euro 2004.

Dude is right th cohession in the mids has been our weakpoint since Zagorakis retired

We can't get away with 4-3-3 that we used the last few matches, although I liked it

In reality I can't see Otto using Spyropoulos, but he might throw Fyssas in the back and move Toro into the mid with Basinas - Kats and Kara

I guess it also depends where Patsa plays - i really think he is a special member of this team and adds something that makes the rest of the omatha better -if he plays in the back like he did vs Hungary, then Toro will be the forth mid I'd say,

On the other hand I counld see Goumas or Dellas as Kyrgiakos' partner, and Fyssas in at LB then who is the 4th mid Toro? Patsa? Stelios? One of the forwards brought back?

I'm really talking about the Norway game here

Where I think we'll see-

---------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------

Giorkas----------------Kyrgiakos----Goumas( or a healthy Dellas)-----Fyssas

--------------------------Basinas--------Kats-----------------------------

Toro----------------------------Kara------------------Amantidis----------------------

---------------------------------Gekas-------------------------------------------------

with Patsa coming in as an early 2nd half sub

In the 2nd half I'd go for abit more experimentation:

----------------------------------------Chalkias----------------------------------------------

Seitaridis---------------Papastathopoulos------------Kyriakos--------------Spyropoulos

Ninis-----------------Patsa-----------Zagorakis----------Torosidis------------Amanatidis

----------------------------------------Samaras---------------------------------------------

With Lybe coming on for Zagorakis at some point and playing alongside Geka.

I say this because, for me, where the team is lacking most is energy in the midfield and if Spyropoulos can play at left back that frees up Torosidis to move into midfield. We need more energy in centre-mid, if we manage that I think we can reignite the flame that we had in Euro 2004.[/color][/b]

i like the second half team i'd like to see how ninis papastathopoulos and spyropoulos perform. if spyropoulos plays well it could free up torosidis to play in his prefered position in midfield as there is a lack of quality midfielders in greece

Archived