Phantis Forums

MUNIOZ after this Season

Tsoglani

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

But, but, but, why can't he say--state without any pythian logic--that he WILL stay? Why, why, why hasn't there been an official PAO announcement that there has been an extention of his contract????!!!

im starting to reconsider whether munoz wanted the one year deal or thats what tzigger really offered....

regardless, i think depsite all the evident problems in greek football munoz has fallen in love with pao and sees some good potential..i pray he stays

He is not going to stay!!!! He will go back to Spain because he knows if he stays he will be getting fired by Christmas. So i bet he is gone at the end of the season!!

lol, I dont know whether you're just giving a dig to the PAO fans but actually you make a good point. Managers don't feel secure in Greece and if he gets a secure offer with a good contract he may be tempted. It's obvious he's a good manager so PAO need to offer him a 3 year deal and let him build a team!

lol, I dont know whether you're just giving a dig to the PAO fans but actually you make a good point. Managers don't feel secure in Greece and if he gets a secure offer with a good contract he may be tempted. It's obvious he's a good manager so PAO need to offer him a 3 year deal and let him build a team!

The one thing he has going at Pao is that he will be competing for a championship, a cup, and even playing in Europe next season. On the other hand he might have the opportunity to coach a middle of the pack team in Spain where he will be at home, coaching in one of the best leagues in the world for a middle of the table position.

Unless he gets a good offer from a top Spanish team I suspect he will stay at PAO. He did mention about setting the right conditions in his last interview, so I assume he has thought about it and has certain things he will ask for before he commits to staying.

I can't think of a better fit right now for PAO. He has worked hard to bring the team where it is, and in a short few months he has put his own stamp on the team. I would love to see what we can be capable of doing with Munoz at the helm through preseason and beyond with the addition of two or three good players.

Pao made the mistake of thinking that coach did not matter when they did not renew Kyrastas' contract the first time. The team was flying and we ended up re-hiring him a couple of years later. I would like to think that management has learned the lesson of retaining the best players and coaches. I saw evidence of that when they kept Papadopoulos. Prior to this they had lost a couple of excellent players due to their "we make an offer and we don't negotiate" philosophy.

I think they need to make Munoz an offer he can't refuse even if it means signing one less player this summer. Personally, I will be very disappointed if he does not stay.

PS. DUDE, why did you change your username? "DUDE" sounds so...generic :P

Victor Munoz, pictured during last weekend’s 1-0 away win against archrival Olympiakos, looks set to stay at Panathinaikos. Both the coach and club are interested in a deal extension.

Encouraged by the Panathinaikos soccer team’s solid form of late, highlighted by last weekend’s away win against archrival Olympiakos, as well as an overall feeling of optimism at the club, the Athens team’s administration appears set to extend coach Victor Munoz’s contract until the summer of 2008.

The Spaniard, who arrived at Panathinaikos several rounds into this season to replace Swede Hans Backe after a shaky start by the team, would also like to carry on, reports assert.

Munoz, a former Spanish international with 59 caps who went on to coach several teams in Spain, the most recent being Real Zaragoza, had agreed to a clause enabling his contract’s extension, when he joined the Athens club last October.

Lying a distant second in the Super League, eight points behind breakaway leader Olympiakos with six rounds of play remaining, Panathinaikos stands little, if any, chance of winning the title. The top priority, at this stage, is second place and a berth in next season’s pre-group Champions League qualifiers. It is a two-horse race. Third-placed AEK is two points behind, well ahead of OFI, PAOK and Aris, all with 16 points less.

Though Panathinaikos’s title hopes this season have waned, Munoz has injected purpose and morale into the team that adds up to promise for the future.

To his credit, he has not hesitated to work hard along the way. In selecting young Sotiris Ninis, not yet 17, for his senior-level debut just weeks ago, the Spaniard made a radical move, if local ways in soccer are a measure. Ninis took full advantage of the opportunity with fine performances, and a couple of impressive goals, too.

The situation is less rosy at Thessaloniki club PAOK. Following the resignation of two board members, Giorgos Koudas and Koulis Apostolidis, both star players at PAOK during their heyday, a third official, Aristotelis Bitsianis, resigned yesterday. Reports said the club’s current leadership was likely to fall within the next few days.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...7/03/2007_80946

Why couldnt it be to 2010?? :nono:

The one thing he has going at Pao is that he will be competing for a championship, a cup, and even playing in Europe next season. On the other hand he might have the opportunity to coach a middle of the pack team in Spain where he will be at home, coaching in one of the best leagues in the world for a middle of the table position.

Unless he gets a good offer from a top Spanish team I suspect he will stay at PAO. He did mention about setting the right conditions in his last interview, so I assume he has thought about it and has certain things he will ask for before he commits to staying.

I can't think of a better fit right now for PAO. He has worked hard to bring the team where it is, and in a short few months he has put his own stamp on the team. I would love to see what we can be capable of doing with Munoz at the helm through preseason and beyond with the addition of two or three good players.

Pao made the mistake of thinking that coach did not matter when they did not renew Kyrastas' contract the first time. The team was flying and we ended up re-hiring him a couple of years later. I would like to think that management has learned the lesson of retaining the best players and coaches. I saw evidence of that when they kept Papadopoulos. Prior to this they had lost a couple of excellent players due to their "we make an offer and we don't negotiate" philosophy.

I think they need to make Munoz an offer he can't refuse even if it means signing one less player this summer. Personally, I will be very disappointed if he does not stay.

PS. DUDE, why did you change your username? "DUDE" sounds so...generic :P

You make some great points re file. I for one believe that PAO can be a real force in 2 years if the right moves are made. (2 full backs, a centre-back because Goumas won't be around forever, possibly a left winger and a target man striker similar to Konstantinou). That's a total of 5 players to add to the squad. It may sound like a lot but over 2 years this really isnt many. Of course the condition would be that Munioz remained at the helm. To put it crudely, he appears to know his s%$#!! If I'm not mistaken the new stadium will also be ready in 2 years and a newly found hot atmosphere will be like a new signing in itself!

You pointed to the fact that a "we make an offer and we don't negotiate" philosophy exists, and you are so right! PAO lost Basinas, Kyriakos, Konstantinou, and Fyssas like that. Imo if you add these players to the PAO squad now then the league title would be going down to the wire not being over already! The point is they were BIG loses and PAO has never really recovered from losing these guys! Vardino has learn from his mistakes and renew Munioz's contract by, as you put Don Corleone, make him an offer he can't refuse.

Reports are claiming that Fyssas and Karipidis are leaving Hearts, if so Fyssas should be signed to provide stability in the short term. He's still good enough for the ethniki and he could easily replace Vintra. There is also talk in Cyprus that Fernandez of APOEL will sign for PAO in the summer. He is a paihtara and will be a great dekari adding much needed creativity to the squad.

As for my screename, I wanted it to be TheDude but I worded the request to Irlandos inaccurately. Oh well! :P DUDE will have to do, and it is no longer generic because just like Alexander (The Great), Achilles, & Odysseus, there is only one globally recognizable DUDE... ME! :P

• 2 weeks later...

As for my screename, I wanted it to be TheDude but I worded the request to Irlandos inaccurately. Oh well! :P DUDE will have to do, and it is no longer generic because just like Alexander (The Great), Achilles, & Odysseus, there is only one globally recognizable DUDE... ME! :P [/color][/b]

:LOL:

ante, na zhseis.

My feeling is that PAO wants MUNOZ to stay.

How much are the owners willing to spend, now that the backup solution (Dusan), is available?

Munoz would rather be in Spain, close to his family.

If PAO is serious about spending $$$ to sign his choice of players and offer him a competitive package, he may stay.

The strongest competition, would be an above average Spanish club, with a European ticket.

PAO will be lucky, if that Spanish offer does not come.

Munoz would have to be given a chance to make decisions.

Another motivation would be the CL, if PAO gets second place...

Posted Image :tup: <<< STAY WITH US, WE NEED YOU!

PEACE

^^ before you bust a nut calm down breath. Bajevic will not be our coach PAO do not want him because when they wanted him he took his sweet-ass time to give them an answer. I'm hearing that we are again looking at Cupe for coach.

Bajevic will not be our coach PAO do not want him because when they wanted him he took his sweet-ass time to give them an answer. I'm hearing that we are again looking at Cupe for coach.

You sure about that? Maybe i am wrong but i see the future!!! :P :LOL:

It looks like the players don't like Munoz. They seem to have their own ideas about where to be on the field and what to do in practice.

Some more details from the locker room have emerged, and if true they are revealing of the climate.

"

Archived