Phantis Forums

MUNIOZ after this Season

Tsoglani

You sure about that? Maybe i am wrong but i see the future!!! :P :LOL:

Well I'm not claiming to see the future, but I can say I'm 99.9% sure Bajevic will not be our coach because he gave PAO the cold shoulder and if anyone holds grudges in the Greek league its Tziger. So yes there is a chance he could come a .1% chance. But like I said they are looking at Cuper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuper is a good coach but i Munoz will be better because he knows the team and we can forget that he came half way thru the season so he really didn't have a say so on the transfers and in training camp. Maybe if he stays PAO can do better with him. But reading the papers in Greece it dosen't seem that he will be staying. BAD move from PAO to let this guy go!!!

Munioz said in the paper he is far away from his family and he wants to go back. Supposedly he is choosing to go back and not stay. But where have we heard this family is too far away excuse before? Malazani so either Munioz is telling the truth and wants to go back for his family, or PAO has told him he will not be back and instead of firing him gave him the option to say that excuse to not look like he got fired, or last but not least he see's that on PAO there is a power struggle with upper management with coaches and see's no job security in Greece. What it boils down to is he is going to be out and we are in need of a coach again. Cuper is a great coach and if we get him early he will have all offseason to work with PAO. Either way I hope the coaching carousel is going to stop soon we need consistency.

I guess Malakozani was right during his outburst.

As to Papadopoulos comments, he was explaining his approach to the game and i dont think it has anything to do with following the coach's directions. I mean lets look at the facts, PAO was coming off a loss to Ergoteli who was down to 10 men for almost the whole second half and now they are behind 0-1 against Atromito who yes has a good team but come on now. So Papadopoulos as the captain decides that he should take some offensive intiative and hope to break on the counterattack.

I think its stupid for a coach to single out a few players for the loss. The team lost the game not Morris or Papadopoulos.

Also, how can anyone expect the players to show support and respect any coach on PAO's team when managment has their finger on the trigger all the time. At least players feel some security since they have longer term contracts. Munoz started at PAO with an 8 month contract and then all these conditions on his renewal.

When there is no solid committment from managment how can you expect a player to commit to the coach's ideas.

The problems are larger than mere tactics during the game

I guess Malakozani was right during his outburst. 

As to Papadopoulos comments, he was explaining his approach to the game and i dont think it has anything to do with following the coach's directions.  I mean lets look at the facts, PAO was coming off a loss to Ergoteli who was down to 10 men for almost the whole second half and now they are behind 0-1 against Atromito who yes has a good team but come on now.  So Papadopoulos as the captain decides that he should take some offensive intiative and hope to break on the counterattack. 

I think its stupid for a coach to single out a few players for the loss.  The team lost the game not Morris or Papadopoulos. 

Also, how can anyone expect the players to show support and respect any coach on PAO's team when managment has their finger on the trigger all the time.  At least players feel some security since they have longer term contracts.  Munoz started at PAO with an 8 month contract and then all these conditions on his renewal. 

When there is no solid committment from managment how can you expect a player to commit to the coach's ideas. 

The problems are larger than mere tactics during the game

Good point about coaches being on the hot seat Original, but I will disagree with your excuse about Papadopoulos.

The captain (whaterver that means) can improvise all he wants with the ball on his feet, but on dead balls everyone must be in place in modern football. Munoz is right to criticize the specific players because their errors put the team in a terrible hole.

Teams like a Atromitos will have three or four of chances to score at the most. Corners and fouls are prime candidates for a small team to score. That's why they even bring defenders forward. It's a long way to counterattack.

Pao only has three players that can play the high ball: Goumas, Tziolis, Papadopoulos. To have any chance for a counter attack you must win the header first. As it turned out, Atromitos scored because Pap was not in place.

Papadopoulos is making excuses for himself for getting lazy. He would be better off if he accepted some responsibility.

PAO management's public position is that they want Munoz and are waiting for him to decide.

I do NOT believe that at ALL.

They may say it is Munioz's choice, but they really know it is the authority and support they are willing to give him, that will ultimately be the major factor...

The mutiny at PAO started exactly when Bajevic was fired...

It may be a coincidence and I hope I am wrong.

Bajevic's availability, his willingness to live in Greece happily, his knowledge of the culture, the language, and most of all, the Greek football reality,

makes him a sure bet. (?) <_<

This gives both the owner and the players, a false sense of security, that he would be a good backup,

if Munoz, or any other bigger name coach, are not willing or able...

We could not know what Munoz is teaching during practice.

What is obvious to the naked eye, is that both goals were due to easily avoidable PERSONAL defensive mistakes.

The bigger picture, and what worries me the most, is this team's inability to score, against supposedly inferior sides, at HOME.

Even if defensive mistakes were made, a team like PAO, CANNOT go without scoring goals at home.

Xanthi 0-0 (cup), Ergotelis 0-1, Atromitos 1-2 :o

How many games did PAO barely win at home vs weaker opponents, in the last minutes by one goal?

Only when scoring early, do we win comfortably.

I have a bad feeling about all this. :tdown:

Stability? :whistle:

Thank Obradovic/Pavlo for that!!!

:gr: PANATHINAIKOS B.C. :nw:

PEACE

This team is bleeding badly!!!!

The way i see it is pao management don’t want Munoz or Munoz doesn’t want to stay then he should go now, and get Cuper or Bajevic so they can use the rest of the season as experimenting....

Pap and the rest of the Greek players r the ones to blame... for far to long us Greek (supporters) have always blamed foreigners for the team doing s%$#! or not performing (most of the time we r right in doing so) however i think its time that allot of the Greek players on this team get a kick up the ass (Pap, Tzoili, lentiou, Vyntra, Mantziois ect...) because they r truly showing what lazy, uncooperative, selfish, pre-Madonna’s this bunch truly are…

Tzoilis for a while hasn’t performed to the expectations we had for him… his been playing below par for a long time with no hint of motivating him self to improve... A lot of people for some god damn reason haven’t been as critical of him as they would have been if it were Andrich or bovio… its time to wake up and smell the coffee, his not going to be the next Basinas nor will he become anything special as a lot of you have hoped for (I hope Im wrong but the signs r there)…

Pap has been the biggest pre-Madonna in this team starting from last year… he rejected a contract because he thought he was worth more and basically kicked up a huge fuss about it which in the end he got what he wanted… has he proved his worth this year, has he proved that he was worth all this BS?? Answer is hell no!!, his performance have been well below par and when he makes a fatal error against a team like atromitos, instead of admitting to his mistake that he was a lazy piece of s%$#!, he finds an excuse to justify it and shift blame on Munoz… Also when it came to the whole bonus fiasco he was the first one to start crying like a bitch about it (he may have been right) but as a captain he should have had more of a mature response not cry like a bitch coz he didn’t get his Milk money (which by the way he doesn’t deserve considering the year his had which also make u think that maybe his all about the money rather then for Pao *hint *hint)

Lentiou is exactly the same as Tzoilis only excuse I will make for the kid is that his been playing out of position at DL for a while but when he was playing his natural position he was below par…

Vyntra everyone in here at least knows this guy shouldn’t even be touching the pao jersey... He has to be the worst and I mean worst player to play for pao and be given a starting position for 4 years now without being replaced…

Mantzious I can’t believe the arrogance he has; especially considering he hasn’t been performing to his usual standards... to sarcastically criticize Ur coach on public radio is a huge NO NO…

Yet no one in here wants to bag Greece’s future for the teams lack of motivation, lack of team spirit, lack of urgency (pap sure had a lot), lack of ownership (pao is there bread and butter after all) and most importantly lack of results? I know lets blame Andrich for all this because his Croatian (damn him to hell)

Stability? :whistle:

Thank Obradovic/Pavlo for that!!!

:gr: PANATHINAIKOS B.C. :nw:

PEACE

That is the truth. PAO B.C is strong because they kept the coach even after the bad results so know he has a built a great team.!!! Maybe Vardinogiannis needs to take some lessons from them!!!

Greek Soccer players always think they are better than everyone else. Georgatos in my opinion is the most skillfull Greek player of his generation. But his slack attitude and laziness has made him into a problem instead of an asset. He did not realize this till the last few years.

I believe that many of Pao's younger players are going through the same situation.

And as far as firing coaches left right and centre, Malazeni (spelling) did a lot of good for your team. Too bad they did not let him create more.

all point to him leaving.. which in turn is like starting from scratch with ANOTHER coach, ANOTHER system, & him bringing in the players that he likes... thats how many coaches in the last 5 yrs now??? Difficult to progress with this type of coaching system :tdown:

The mistake was back when Munoz was hired because they didn't offer him a long-term contract. If he's got offers from other clubs today, he'd be a fool not to explore those leads.

I'd think that if someone was playing dice, by the law of possibilities, PAO should have gotten a decent coach by now! Unless the following:

1. Tzigger is "gademis" [god-damned]

2. When you get a nice roll (like with Munoz), Tzigger says, "let me try again".....

The mistake was back when Munoz was hired because they didn't offer him a long-term contract. If he's got offers from other clubs today, he'd be a fool not to explore those leads.

I'd think that if someone was playing dice, by the law of possibilities, PAO should have gotten a decent coach by now! Unless the following:

1. Tzigger is "gademis" [god-damned]

2. When you get a nice roll (like with Munoz), Tzigger says, "let me try again".....

• 2 weeks later...

the latest is that he wants to stay & that talks will begin in a few weeks hopefully...

the moves he has made show all signs of success... Give him talent & he'll always make the right moves & our team will always progress

http://www.sportaction.gr/document.php?cat...cument_id=66083

apparently Vardinopoosti wants to sign Munioz up but now he is waiting on an offer from Spain sad.gif

Hopefully he stays....

Well i read the article you provided and as far as i understand it there is no new information to the other reports in sport sites.

It isnt like munioz gonna wait for long for a big offer from Spain.

He will not get an offer from a big team at this moment and i am almost sure he is going to sign for next year at least.The whole issue with him saying he isnt sure about his future is only a hard poker so he can get the maximum for his new contract. And i dont mean money but power to decide about the team and transfers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived