Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Switzerland (23 March 2018, OAKA , Athens)

Dutch Eagle

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Most realistic line up:

Paschalakis

Bakakis  Retsos. Kyriako (c) Stafy

Kourbelis Tachtsidis

Lazaros.      Pelkas.    Donis

Karelis

yeah if we consider what he said something like that looks the most possible one atm. 

• Like it 1

I like the line up but for Tachtsidis, time to give someone else a go, I would prefer runners tbh. he does not take hold of games, Kourbelis and Zeca for example would be great to see, also Galanopoulos next to Kourbelis would be good to see 

7 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I like the line up but for Tachtsidis, time to give someone else a go, I would prefer runners tbh. he does not take hold of games, Kourbelis and Zeca for example would be great to see, also Galanopoulos next to Kourbelis would be good to see 

Yeah that's true but we also need players who have played and who are experienced in the team like Tachtsidis,, Stafylidis and Lazaros. So we need to win this game as well for the rankings. We also need to try out a few new players.

3 hours ago, Alphonse said:

90% chance game will be moved to Athens 

What makes you say that? Have there been mumblings in the news or just a gut feeling?

It would be nice if the NT could spread around and play in different parts of the country to get everyone more involved. From what I see the Ethniki has pitiful support during their games in Karaiskaki. I remember they played a friendly in Xania a few years back but I'm not sure how that went.

35 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The game will be played at OAKA in Athens after EPO chickened out to the hysteria in Greek media.

Can you explain this more in depth. Were they worried about bad press leaving the match to be played out at Toumba? Is it punishment in terms of lost revenue for PAOK because of this past weekend? Are they legitimately worried of fan demonstrations? What exactly coerced this move?

EPO is reacting to the media hysteria in Athens where they are portraying Toumba as some jungle. After this if I was PAOK I would not allow the Greek national team to play at Toumba again. And that goes for the U21 team as well which claimed Toumba as their home for the past few games.

Safety reasons, it’s not that hard to comprehend after what’s happened at Toumba the last two games. 

PAOK fans will claim conspiracy as per above, if the game was played there and PAOK fans used it as a avenue to protest and something went wrong, we look silly again so let’s think with some logic.

I predict a 1-1 draw at OAKA

All I know regardless of where we play Skibbe better take this game serious and not only as an experimental game. since we already know who most of our back is why not play Sokratis, manolas, and then just experiment with players where we are weak like our mid and our forwards?? We need to go into these Games with the mentality of winning as we need to start climbing the rankings.. Keep our regulars and give players a chance at mid and wing and to see who can gel with our regulars..

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

What exactly happened in the last two games at Toumba? The stadium was a church at both games.

As for Larisa, the pitch is better to grow potatoes instead of playing football.

You don't see reason in what I said? Can you not take anything on because you are PAOK? 

You're spot on re Larisa pitch - horrendous 

Interesting, I had thought Larisa had one of the nicer stadiums when it comes to size and modern infrastructure.

Let's hope the boys get the win though. It would be nice to see some new blood in there. Still don't understand why someone like Fetfatzidis is basically black-listed from the NT despite people like Tziolis and Maniatis being regulars.

• Omonoia9 changed the title to Friendly: Greece - Switzerland (23 March 2018, OAKA , Athens)
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic