Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

20 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

"promising Tachtsidis, talented Fetfatzidis" good! :)

That is my point bro. People were dying for Santos to sub Katsouranis and Karagounis off. And we really havent created one midfielder half as decent as them.

Samaris trully came close but he is not the type of 6 Katsouranis was. He can't create from the back.

• Like it 2

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

No other team will get blown out like this in any game of the playoffs ffs. I'm speechless... The fact that we were down 4-1 and Our retarded coach didn't  bring on Laz or Giannatos or Pelkas to try and create a goal is mind blowing... wtf is he thinking?? 

Mate the game was over with that karnezis blunder! To be down 1-0 after the first 15 minutes doesn't work for us! I actually don't know why we didn't play a diamond 5-4-1

• Like it 2

If your gonna park the proverbial bus please have players who will RUN and tackle THAT had to be the slowest 11da we have put out. Our keeper wa terrible but those back to back stops give us a punchers chance Sunday. The back line was a shambles Sokratis was the only CB who performed KPaps and Tzavellas were bad. Both outside backs were terrible hard to pick who was worst between Stafylidis and Maniatis. Both CDM were horrrible Samaris and Tziolis should not have been starters the pair of Zeca Taxi was easy guys who win tackles and can spray the passes. I had no problem with Zeca Fortounis and Mitro we created 5 decent chance scored on one Mitro should have scored on 1/2 headers and Socratis will look back on the 2nd header.

To defend takes EFFORT you dont need talent just the will to play the managers tactics and F***en excute and run tackle win headers block shots I saw ZERO of that been watching the Ethniki since the late 80s and this was as lackluster a performance as any!!

Skibbe coaches not to lose we saw that vs Estonia we saw it today. Yes we were missing 4 starters in Toro Manolas Donis Mandalos but to start that horseshit group is embarassing. To have players out of position gifting goals showing no spirit...Im sorry I believe a team reflects its manager there was NO Otto fight or Santos grit never say die..this team capitulated and had no balls. Retsos is a CB why not play HIM with Kpaps and Sokratis and play Lykogiannis RB who is used to going touchline to touchline as a LB ( dont use he is left footed Toro patrolled the LB position) he is miles better than Maniatis. Im sorry Giannotas Pelkas help on the outside and you can play Zeca in the midle of the park where he is more comfortable . Tachsi is slow  but not slower thn Tziolis and he plays te ball way better than any #6 we have. Why isnt Bouchalakis on this squad! Why is Gianniotis from Atromitos not here having agreat year.

TO the EPO now DROPEE that Tzavellas and Maniatis still get called after the fiasco in Brasil with the PAOK OLY bullshit!! Those 2 should have been gone right there instead they are inour lineup in a HUGE game. We never bleed the young ones instead when will we learn. Karnezis Stafylidis not playing 1st team football and it shows Samaris barely playing and it shows Kapino not playing CALLED up WHY..where is the backbone the fish smells from the head...if you dont play WHY are you being CALLED up.

Worst part is I still have hope that an early goal in Athens..and ya never know..going to watch this disaster again this time with Englis announcers.

• Like it 2

3 minutes ago, Boxou said:

no and i don't think i have to argue that.

if we don't start developing players it will be impossible to make it to a tournament comfortably again. croatia has so many world class players in their squad, and us, we think we can go to the wc with 2nd league b options like bouchalakis, gianniotas, vellios, diamantakos or ex footballers like tziolis maniatis and tzavellas. 

This team is not for developing players. We need the best of the best. Whether that means putting Retsos for Torosidis, just for an example. We know Tziolis, Maniatis and Tzavellas are not the best. Our depth is horrible. But there better options such as Lazaros and Pelkas. Donis was hugely missed. 

if we don't start developing players it will be impossible to make it to a tournament comfortably again. croatia has so many world class players in their squad, and us, we think we can go to the wc with 2nd league b options like bouchalakis, gianniotas, vellios, diamantakos or ex footballers like tziolis maniatis and tzavellas. 

This team is not for developing players. We need the best of the best. Whether that means putting Retsos for Torosidis, just for an example. We know Tziolis, Maniatis and Tzavellas are not the best. Our depth is horrible. But there better options such as Lazaros and Pelkas. Donis was hugely missed. 

i also believe deeply inside me that since we'll got out for the win we will have to dominate the play. if we score 2 in the first half it would be interesting. i'd play

karnezis

torosidis manolas sokratis tzavellas

zeca kourmpelis

lazaros fortounis stafylidis

mitroglou

7 minutes ago, Megas said:

Mate the game was over with that karnezis blunder! To be down 1-0 after the first 15 minutes doesn't work for us! I actually don't know why we didn't play a diamond 5-4-1

I agree with this I was thinking about that a few hours ago. 

score line is almost the same if we'd lose 2-0. we'd still need a 3-0 victory. just go out and get it, croatian players think they're already in russia

do it in a barca-psg or man utd-oly style.

• Like it 4

As a Greek it was still hard not to laugh at Maniatis jumping and turning his back away not once but twice in 5 seconds. 

15 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

That is my point bro. People were dying for Santos to sub Katsouranis and Karagounis off. And we really havent created one midfielder half as decent as them.

Samaris trully came close but he is not the type of 6 Katsouranis was. He can't create from the back.

samaris, once again, proved he was the worst one of the mold

• Like it 1

Greece can win 3-0 if the players can take the biggest risk to attack. Thing is our attack is very limited. Only Mitroglou proves offense, maybe Gianniotas. We need a miracle guys! 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 1

29 minutes ago, Megas said:

we lost the psychological battle by conceding early. The Croats wanted open balla and they got it. We obviously were playing to shut the game down - which we are usually successful at doing.

they were hammering that flank that Maniatis was defending. They knew he was the weakest link. A Torosidis and Manolas I assure u none of that would have happened.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Maybe if donis was healthy there could have been a shot.. banking on bakasetas,gianniotas or lazaros is a bit ridiculous though. They r very average players. We r F***ed

• Like it 1

As bad as we played today (we gifted Croatia most of those goals), we did create chances.

If we can sure up our defense on Sunday, bring Monolas in and actually play a proper RB. I think we should win the return leg.

As crazy as it sounds I don't think this tie is as dead as people think. Croatia's defense is garbage and we need to just actually believe in ourselves and push forward. Impossible is Nothing!

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, J1078 said:

No other team will get blown out like this in any game of the playoffs ffs. I'm speechless... The fact that we were down 4-1 and Our retarded coach didn't  bring on Laz or Giannatos or Pelkas to try and create a goal is mind blowing... wtf is he thinking?? 

I am still steaming, we looked like a laughing stock. All the other ties will be closely contested. Our coach today coached like it was a friendly. The formation, starting Maniatis and Samaris. His substitutes throwing in Bakasetas who is brutal. 

• Like it 1

This performance reminds me of Greece in the 80's when we'd cop 4 from the Yugoslavs and with ease as well.

Time to stop with the vlakies.

Maniatis, Tziolis, Tzavellas, bye bye.

Have a team meeting with the rest.  If you're not playing regular football, you won't be selected in the NT anymore.  If you want to chase a big pay day, cool, go do that.  Enjoy.

Seriously.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

Our acadamies are not producing players like other balkan nations our players are not as hungry for glory! We should be the best in the Balkans! Population wise including the diaspora  we are way bigger than other nations in our region

24 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

we lost the psychological battle by conceding early. The Croats wanted open balla and they got it. We obviously were playing to shut the game down - which we are usually successful at doing.

they were hammering that flank that Maniatis was defending. They knew he was the weakest link. A Torosidis and Manolas I assure u none of that would have happened.

I was just saying keep them off the board and there angst would start to rise. Then that passback and boom it’s a 1-0 and there it goes. Missing Manolas was a crime that FIFA should pay for, those arses. Not having Toro exposed us even more, it’s a shame at 2-1 our team and coaches plan should have been to lock it down and not concede and even losing 1-2 was manageable  but 3 minutes later another goal? 

Also why was Tsanas given the boot?

euro 2004-we had play makers on the bench now we have absolute rubbish on field let alone the bench. unfortunately the golden era is over we might need to wait another 10 years hoping that the Greek FA get something right in the next decade. The big 4 must invest more in academies less foreigners in each team and create some young guns.  Someone earlier in the forum was speaking about adopting 8 on 8 on smaller field for the academies.

... and another thing is im sick and tired of greeks taking club football so serious. this is where it counts for Godsake world cups & European cups. Club football comes no where near national team football. As an ethnos we hugely have problems amongst ourselves I couldn't care less who wins the championship it means nothing when you win it with 10 foreigners produce some players.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Our acadamies are not producing players like other balkan nations our players are not as hungry for glory! We should be the best in the Balkans! Population wise including the diaspora  we are way bigger than other nations in our region

You are right but when we have talent out of the academy like Retros and keep him on the bench because Skibbe is chicken s%$#! and started Maniatis because he is safer, then it comes down to not playing your talent that is there. 

we all know the game should have been closer, we gifted them their 1st and 4th goals. Good teams can take advantage of mistakes.

We had a few really good opportunities to turn it back to 4-2 or even 4-3, the SOkratis chance in the 2nd half and the final play of the game, an simple pass to mitro would have secured the goal. 

This is what seperated the two teams on  the day, we needed a cool head during the tough times.