Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
italosPAOK4

Ivan Savvidis - PAE PAOK owner/president

Even if Savvidis puts more money and PAOK has the biggest budget of the league, I highly doubt that they will let us any closer than this year to the championship.

And don't forget that even the winner doesn't go to the group stage of Champions League. So, either first or second, you have to play qualifying matches. And I wouldn't be surprised if AEK doesn't make it to the group stage. Imagine if in the future we are again in a position that the winner goes directly to the group stage. There is no way they will let us get such a championship.

To win a title we would have to have a team that can win by 10 points clear at least.  On a side note, overall, we have played some very good football this season.  There have been some shockers here and there but overall very good and very consistent.  My bigger concern is how will we be able to attract decent players to the team after what's happened in the last few weeks.  You would have to mad or desperate to come to PAOK and the GSL now.

This issue is not PAOK as if you look at the past couple of years players like Lucas, Cimirot, Rodrigues have used us as a stepping stone (which I have no problem with). The problem is the Greek league itself - no sane player would or should want to play here.

• Confused 1

Η απάντηση είναι μεγάλα συμβόλαια δυστυχώς.

Ουσιαστικά γινόμαστε (γίναμε) σαν την Κίνα, την Αραβία κλπ. Αν ένας παίρνει 800,000 από μία μικρομεσαία ομάδα σοβαρού πρωταθλήματος, θα έρθει αν του δώσεις τα διπλά. Ουσιαστικά ο Σαββίδης πληρώνει υπεραξία επί μονίμου βάσεως.

• Like it 1

The Halifis is #1151 on the list of Forbes with 1.5 bil dollars. Ftocheia leme, pedakia.

• Like it 2