Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2015-2016)

Blackhawk

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tzavellas is a liability. Flirting with a red card in every game. He's also prone to defensive mistakes, just like he did last Sunday.There are better players we can get to play his position, but for now he has a spot on the team due to the lack of other options.

• 3 weeks later...

Mak is suspended for four matches.

And PAOK must play in an empty Toumba against Kalloni.

This is our punishment for the match against Atromitos.

Question: If Mak is suspended for four matches, howmany games is ref Pappas suspended by EPO??

• Like it 1

There is always an appeal process. I don't think they cut Mak's punishment, but the fan punishment should be overturned. Don't forget Olympiakos was punished for one game for a lighter that hit Koulibali in the Platanias game, but later during appeal that punishment was overturned.

Mak will be back for the last two games in regular season and the playoffs. That's if he decides to continue playing in Greece.

So, Boys and Girls lets recap this season so far.  We got a new technical director who found us an inexperienced  coach.  These 2 guys decided who had to leave, I think 11 players in total....and these 2 guys decided who to sign, I believe 12 signings in total....now the Technical Director is gone.  The Coach is gone.  Thank the Good Lord that Olsen has found a new home, but what the hell happens now?

I think that Klaus, Tzabellas, Tziolis, Vitor, Kitsiou, Korovesis, Jairo, Leovac, and (maybe) Pelkas are either dropped or loaned out.  

I've been itching to write something like this.

Sabo, Korovesis, Golasa, Klaus, Konstantinidis, Skondras, Korovesis, Malezas are probably goners. I'd love to see Tziolis go, but I'm certain he'll stay.

Jairo, I'm iffy on. I think he's been better more often than not, but he spends most of his time either suspended or injured. I can't see Pelkas leaving.

Below is how I see the lineup at the moment. This is assuming we keep a few more people than Boston thinks we will.

--Vellidis/Glykos--

--Kitsiou/new RB--Vitor--new CB--Tzavellas/Leovac--

--Cimirot/Antonis--Charisis/new DM--

--Rodrigues/new winger--Pereyra/Pelkas--Mak/new winger

--new CF/Koulouris--

I think that Klaus, Tzabellas, Tziolis, Vitor, Kitsiou, Korovesis, Jairo, Leovac, and (maybe) Pelkas are either dropped or loaned out.  

I would add Glykos and Skondras to that list, but would keep Kitsiou, Vitor, Jairo and Pelkas as backaups.

As for Koulouris on pash's list, he had his chances. He is nothingspecial. Set him free so he can move on in Popovic's steps.

--Vellidis/Glykos--

--Kitsiou/new RB--Vitor--new CB--Tzavellas/Leovac--

--Cimirot/Antonis--Charisis/new DM--

--Rodrigues/new winger--Pereyra/Pelkas--Mak/new winger

--new CF/Koulouris--

I'm going to assume that you simply forgot Chatziisaias 

For getting second position the squad is mostly fine.  Just need a quality CB and CM with experience to stop conceding silly goals and all of a sudden we are a 20 point better team per season.

For challenging for the title and presumably having a squad that would not get embarrassed in the CL :-

Goalkeepers : none are good enough.

Defense : only Tzavellas is good enough and he is a kolo paido.

Midfield : only Cimirot ... maybe.

Forwards : only Mak and Rodrigues and Mak probably won't be there.

All the rest not good enough.  So it's a simple fix ... just need to buy a new team.

Edited by Bananas

Our backline requires the most attention, I'd bring Poungouras back into the squad after a solid season with Veria and sign a quality centre-back. Vellidis/Glykos are fine for now, bringing in a better keeper is not a priority. I like our midfield, sign a player to rotate with Pelkas or play Pereyra in that role. Sign an attacking wide player, I'm not sold on Jairo and get a hungry forward that can bang some goals in.

GK

Vellidis

Glykos

Melissas

CB

Chatzisaias

Vitor

Poungouras

New Signing

RB

Kitsiou

Konstantinidis

LB

Tzavellas

Leovac

CM

Charisis

Cimirot

Antonis

Tziolis

CAM

Pelkas

Pereyra/New Signing

W

Mak

Rodrigues

Mystakidis

New Signing

ST

Klaus

Koulouris

New Signing

On thin ice 

Skondras (sad because he was a great player for us last season)

Jairo

Korovesis

Sabo

Malezas

Gone

Kace

Golasa

Berbatov 

• Like it 1

GK

Vellidis

Glykos

Melissas

CB

Chatzisaias

Vitor

RB

Kitsiou

Konstantinidis

LB

Tzavellas

Leovac

CM

Charisis

Cimirot

Antonis

Tziolis

CAM

Pelkas

W

Mak

Rodrigues

Mystakidis

ST

Klaus

On thin ice 

Skondras (sad because he was a great player for us last season)

Jairo

Korovesis

Sabo

Malezas

Gone

Kace

Golasa

Berbatov 

This is what I wish the scenario was after this season.... 

@BostonThanatos @pash @Blackhawk 

I'm a little stunned by some of the prevailing opinions on our players ... 

Konstantinidis - before his injury he looked like the best RB/RWB we've seen in a while. Dude held his own against Reus for chrissakes! He is superior to Kitsiou crossing and passing. Kitsiou was a revelation for about two minutes. He's quick and can dribble, but no substance offensively and an average defender.

Vitor - Vitor has been a workhorse (on a team cursed with injuries dude plays ALL THE TIME), solid tackler, good at one on one battles and in the air (despite size) for 3 seasons! You don't get rid of guys like that. At worst he is a rotation player. 

Tzavellas - I think people hate on him because of his selfie-game and the fact he comes off as a pretty boy. Before Hatzi arrived he was flat out our best CB all year. Cuts passing lanes, tackles and wins balls. The only reliable defender at transitioning the ball from defense to the midfield. Great left foot on set pieces (another deficiency on our team). Oh, and the only guy who shows any fire whatsoever (outside of players bitch and unravel because of no-calls). This is a team of quiet, nice guys, who frankly, lack heart. It hurts to say that, but it's true. All this stuff about being divisive is pure speculation. I would love to see some tangible evidence that he is a locker room cancer. I will apologize and not post for a month as penance if anyone can validate that sentiment. 

Hatzi is good and the future of this team (and has a future on the NT), but he has shown signs of his inexperience, and has looked nervous or tentative in "high pressure" games, and some situations. He will overcome that in time. But we can't "burn" him in typical PAOK fashion by expecting him to be the "next-big-thing" before he actually becomes the "next-big-thing". 

Skondras, Malezas are solid, but merely depth players and easily replaceable. A rotation of CB No.1 + Hatzi, with Tzavellas and Vitor as rotation guys would be great. Get a new LB and let Konstantinidis develop further and we may have something solid in the back. 

As far as midfield-forwards-strikers go, I otherwise completely agree with @Boston earlier post.

Konstandinidis is fragile, and has been injury prone for a few years. (even in the small team)

Vitor I'd keep as a bench player, but is a liability against any team we would face in European competition.

Tzabellas is a big ol tumor in the team.  A freaking cancer that probably most locker room issues can be traced back to.

Again, let's keep in mind what we're talking about.  If you want to fight for 2nd again next year than fine.  Keep them.  If we want to be competative in Euro and League (cup AND Championship) they just won't do.

Edited by BostonThanatos

Tzavellas, to me, needs to play as LB. He's been better this year, but this year has been nearly as bad as last year.

I really like Vitor, and I have nothing against Konstantinidis apart from his being supremely fragile. I think Kitsiou is still better offensively, but Konstantinidis does have fire (and GOOD GOD that acceleration!). If we have him next season, and he doesn't have yet another season-ending injury, I'll allow myself to get excited about him.

Chatziisaias looks pretty good too. I just didn't include him because his name needs to be changed.

• Like it 1

@Boston - Konstantinidis has been injured too often, but he's still just 21-22, so it's too early to write him off. Get another RB/RWB that can split time with him next season to try and preserve his legs and see what he can do.

Again, I don't see anything that gives credence to the Tzavellas as a "cancer" label. Heck, based on selfies alone, he seems pretty popular among his teammates. The only coach he clashed with was Anastasiadis - who is a joke. 

I agree you need a true, front-line, no.1 CB to pair with Hatzi against top-level competition. Vitor and Tzavellas can be your 2nd pairing that plays against the SL teams outside the "big 4" ... 

Look at OSFP ... Botia is a legit CB (though dirty as f$$k), but after that, Da Costa is not that impressive and Siovas is big and strong but not much more. If he didn't play for OSFP, I doubt he gets the 10 caps for the NT that he has under his belt (at 28 yrs old). If we are being honest, if OSFP doesn't have Roberto these last 3 years, they are not nearly as good defensively. 

@pash - Finally, somebody else willing to step up for Miguel! I think Tzavellas is just a step too slow to play LB against top competition, otherwise he definitely has the skill set. Sure, Lino was slow, but anticipated/reacted quickly, and was indefatigable. 

Edited by teke817

Tzavellas stands out this season, because of the lack of better players in the CB position. His only good attribute is his passion, which unfortunately is also one of his big liability. He is flirting with a red card in every game. His contract end in 2017, and he will stay until then. I agree with pash that he should play at his natural position as LB.

I would keep Vitor too. even if it is as a backup CB. Unfortunately PAOK might not have much to say in this matter, as his contract ends in June, and it is reported that he is not willing to renew his contract.

I wouldn't be willing to either, if I were him.

It's also possible that Konstantinidis' injuries are a result of the much-famed surface at our training facility. Although if that were the case, I wouldn't expect to see him disproportionately affected by it.

I like him, AND it would be just like us to bring in players who don't want to be here.

Regardless, this is a choice that needs to have the input of an experienced coach. We really really need to stop buying random players that the TD and coach don't both want to work with. Unless we think this has worked out well so far?