Blackhawk

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is in detail:

1 game ban, 6,000 Euro fine for the cup game against AEL Kalloni

1 game ban, 6,000 Euro fine for the cup game against Panionios

3 game ban, 100,000 Euro fine, and -5 point deduction for the cup game against Olympiakos

TOTAL:  5 game ban, 112,000 Euro fine, -5 point deduction

BTW originally we received a 6 (3+3) point deduction, which was a result of a punishment for two separate incidents in the game. In the end EPO combined the two and gave as a 1 point credit, resulting in 5 points. What a ###### joke. PAOK needs to appeal this decision. I think in the end we will end with -3 points (I hope).

Can someone remember what happened in the two games against Kalloni and Panionios in order to deserve 2 game bans? I don't remember a thing.

BTW originally we received a 6 (3+3) point deduction, which was a result of a punishment for two separate incidents in the game. In the end EPO combined the two and gave as a 1 point credit, resulting in 5 points. What a ###### joke. PAOK needs to appeal this decision. I think in the end we will end with -3 points (I hope).

Can someone remember what happened in the two games against Kalloni and Panionios in order to deserve 2 game bans? I don't remember a thing.

It's because we are:

Voulgaroi;

Tourkoi;

Jiftoi;

Salonikeis;

* choose one of the above.

@DutchEagle - the stadium ban is less important to me than the points ... Everything I've read indicates the choice is either -3 or -6 and no one has ever received a -6, thus we will appeal. I think the lawyers want to argue the incident was the same level as PAO and they only got a -3 point deduction.

Teke I agree. Though I would be mad as hell if I would live in Thessaloniki and were denied to use my "diarkia".

Points hurt the most. Formally we are the first with so many points deducted, but for real we were nailed last year with a deduction of 15 points as those MF%#$* deducted 3 points from us in the play-offs.

Rumors about Oly trying to sign Vitor..... personally I think it's BS.  I don't Vitor is good enough for PAOK, let alone Oly.  If they ARE trying to sign him, it would be to mess with PAOK, and their contract negotiations.  I would call their bluff and let them have him (if that is the case).  I'll take him on as a backup, for Cup games next year, etc....but he's not a player you build a back line off of.

@BostonThanatos

Every year there is a rumor like this ... Kace to OSFP, Koulouris to OSFP, etc etc. It's all hot garbage put out there to make waves by the "red" press. 

Anyone else been reading about the Lucas to Atletico/Barca/BPL rumors? It appears Deportivo already rejected a January bid by Bilbao (? I can't remember the club) of over 24 million Euros. That would have been about 6 million to PAOK. 

If he goes to Barca or any other "giant" club, I have to imagine it would be the "biggest" transfer for any former PAOK player. I thought Andelinho to Wolfsburg was good ... this is just ridiculous. 

Valencia was the club who had a reported bid rejected which would've netted us 6 million. They're having a very average season, currently 14th and struggling to score goals, I'd say their interest in Lucas is genuine, they would certainly have the money to pull a deal like that off.

Edited by Pontos

Valencia was the club who had a reported bid rejected which would've netted us 6 million. They're having a very average season, currently 14th and struggling to score goals, I'd say their interest in Lucas is genuine, they would certainly have the money to pull a deal like that off.

For a team like Deportivo that was reportedly almost bankrupt 18 months ago, that is a LOT of cash to reject. They must really believe they can get a huge price for Lucas, but I am not convinced that a 27 year old will get you 30 million or more in the summer market when there are tons of good (and younger) players available. 

PAE PAOK filed an appeal with EPO concerning the fines in the PAOK - Olympiakos cup game. The hope is that the 5 point deduction will become 3 points.

Also, since PAOK does not have the right for an appeal in the two game against Kalloni and Panionios, they have asked the EPO prosecutor to intervene and overturn the punishment, since the fines were for lighting up flares, and this season not a single team has been punished for this action. In other words the punishment was selectively enforced.

Tomorrow, EPO will hear two appeals concerning PAOK.

PAOK has filed an appeal concerning the punishment for the Olympiakos cup game. The hope is that the 5 point deduction becomes only 3 points. Considering that for similar fan violence, Panathinaikos and AEK received only 3 points deduction. There is a chance that the initial 5 point deduction is cut to 3 points. 

The second appeal was filed by an EPO prosecutor against the original EPO decision to give PAOK 2 game ban for flares being lit in the PAOK cup games against Kalloni and Panionios. Since no other team was punished for the same issue this season, the prosecutor found it necessary to re-visit this decision. There is a good chance that the 2 game ban will be overturned.

We should know the results of these appeals no later than this coming Friday. 

• Like it 1

Apparently Lubos Michel (PAOK TD and President) is attending today's Europa league game between Bragga and Shakhtar Donetsk. Incidently Fernando Santos is also scouting the game and the two will probably meet to discuss the coaching job at PAOK. At least that's what all the conspiracy theorists on Thessaloniki media claim.

Apparently Lubos Michel (PAOK TD and President) is attending today's Europa league game between Bragga and Shakhtar Donetsk. Incidently Fernando Santos is also scouting the game and the two will probably meet to discuss the coaching job at PAOK. At least that's what all the conspiracy theorists on Thessaloniki media claim.

Reports are also saying that Michel talked to Paulo Bento, former trainer of the portuguese NT and Sporting. According to transfermarkt both Santos and Bento prefer 4-3-3, which I think suits PAOK very well.

PAOK24 website is running a quiz commemorating 90 years of PAOK.

They are asking 20 PAOK related questions. Let's see how many can you answer correctly. I missed 4 out of the 20.

Take the quiz here:

http://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/67566/kouiz-20-erotiseis-gia-ta-90-xronia-tou-paok

• Like it 1