EURO 2008: Greece - Norway

dark_horse

Will Greece beat Norway?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece beat Norway?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

Norway won the 1st two matches in the Euro 2008 qualifyers. There are playing very well, this may be a very important match for Greece. Truth is as long as Greece stays focus, they may very well hand Norway there 1st loss. If they don't prepare in a timely manner, I might see this end in a draw or worse a home loss.

Norway should not be taken for granted, we remember what happened in Euro 2000 qualification. We must not make the same mistake.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: Together we can win this game, HELLAS!!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was not pretty, but 3pts is all that matters. Moldova held with 10 men til the 70 minute mark in Norway. Yes they have scored goals galore ,who cares, if Hellas comes out with a 1-0 win (my prediction) 6pts each and off we go paidia.

We will have to be much sharper for this game, no need for the captain to suit up! Once he came off Basinas and Karagounis played much better,and Amanatidis looked much more comfortable on the left side.

I'm worried about our Centreal Defenders Norway has many speedy players. Ta matia 10tesera!

What does Sifakis have to do to get a taste? Nikopolidis was not sharp in Moldova , the wall he set up against Moldova was U-11 level, Kyriakos let a roller thru to be picked up and Antoni froze, Giourkas cleared.

Nikopolidis (Sifakis, if Antoni's form continues and Oly get shelled in Champ league, hopefully not)

Seitaridis (the only player willing to take on opposing players)

Dellas NEW CAPTAIN ( very cool with the ball,but very slow)

Kyriakos(played well,spills everythinghe has on the field)

Fyssas (Darlas pou eisai)

Karagounis

Basinas

Katsouranis

Lagos (it's time)

Stelios (playing behind striker)

Amanatidis

Lymbe, and Salpigidis/Papadopoulos 1st off the bench!

Hellas should NEVER lose a home game - friendly or other!

I don't care who we play against, Brazil Argentina, England or even Jesus Christ and his 12 Disciples.

**WE SHOULD NEVER LOSE AT HOME!**

:gr:

I agree with the sentiment, with the atmosphere we can create at home, and the potential quality of out defence we shouldnt lose a home game to anyone, however, please go easy on the blasphemy file mou.

As for the game I think we need to prepare on 2 fronts. (1st) we need a good defence which means we have to handle their aerial ability from set pieces esp Carew's aerial threat, and we have to mark Solskaer out the game. Which will mean one central defender attacks the oncoming ball while the other drops to sweep when that happens. (2nd) we have to win the ball in midfield high up the field, for this we have to go with high energy players in the middle, i.e. Basinas and Katsouranis, NOT Zagorakis! For this to work we have to hold a high defensive line like we did against Moldova in the 2nd, they dont have much pace so we can afford to take that gamble.

If we do this well we'll win the game

:gr: :gr: :gr:

The result could go in 3 ways

Greece can win 1-0

Draw 0-0 or 1-1

Or lose 0-1 just like what happened vs. Ukraine :(

AAAAAAH RE Dark Horse, I'd love to see you play Pro-Po. 1 & 2 & X.

I know you caught a lot of slack on this, but I had to comment. Look at the bright side, you have provided me with a good laugh after a tough day at work.

As you've mentioned, the core of your 2004 squad has remained together. Do you have a crop of up and coming youngsters too?

I don't look at it in terms of young and old players. The question is whether a player has the ability to go out and perform the way you want him to. That has nothing to do with age. I think a journalist wrote, 'the French will be stunned when they come up against the young Spanish side,' and what do you know, the French won. And now the Spanish and their young team have lost in Northern Ireland, so who's got it right? You don't win the World Cup with a youth team. Just look as the average age of the Italians, who won the trophy, or the French. It's like everything in life, there's no substitute for experience. The youngsters grow into the role whatever happens, but the backbone of your team will always consist of experienced players.

This explains why his so stuburn in using old players like Zago, Fyssas, Nikopoloidid, Dellas ect...

I would logically agree with what he said however with on difference, the current players he uses clearly havent got it any more!!! :tdown:

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/index/0,2527,1...rticleid=121964

AAAAAAH RE Dark Horse, I'd love to see you play Pro-Po. 1 & 2 & X.

I know you caught a lot of slack on this, but I had to comment. Look at the bright side, you have provided me with a good laugh after a tough day at work.

:D I have not played Pro-po in a long time. :D

Back to the topic, I see this particualr lineup in the upcoming match vs. Norway

Nikopolidis, Dellas, Kyrigakos, Seitaridis, Fyssas, Zagorakis (final start), Katsouranis, Giannakopoulos (asumming he's healthy), Karagounis, Basinas, Liberopoulos, Amanatidis

if GREECE loose against NORWAY then I think the Norwegians cant be stopped. So the best thing is IGreece and Turkey beat all the rest teams in this s%$#! group. Greece must defend his cup and Turkey must take revenge against Switzerland :box:

I analyzed other groups and our group is not sooo bad. Or would you be in a group with England ? France ? Germany ?< I prefer Norway they have their weak points.

So Greece can beat them even if they have problems with scoring. Think of corners,free kiks and penalties so you can imagine a 1-0 or a 2-1 win against Norway.

Norway is not a football power .... the chance for Greece to win is 51% ....also Turkey has 51 % chance to win against Norway. And why 51 % ? and not 50 % because our teams must go to Euro2008 and I think they are a little bit more hungry as Norway.

Archived