47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece beat Norway?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty happy with the first hald of the game but a bit disappointed that we turned to our defense in the second half and sat on the 1 goal lead. I think we gave up the ball to easily.

Charisteas and Zagorakis not starting made a huge difference. Samaras passed the ball well and we constantly running. Our midfield was pretty solid and the right side was unstoppable. Giourka was in fine form and had it not been for all the water his cross would have been on target for a samaras header.

Bravo sta paidia!!!

aek66, nice grades.

Antolakis was a bit shaky although I will admit that if Dellas is out for a long period of time I have no problem with him starting

Really feel good after this game - Turkey's result was huge for them - but Bosnia is having problems this might be the perfect time to jump on them on the road.

Otto did a good job today - Patazoglou coming in was a class move and like Idsaid earlier I think if Lagos screwed over Otto we willnot see him again

Plus Amantidis played well - but pah what a missed chance (I bet $20 on a 2-0 win and the m#$%! cost me $200)

i am satisfied. the first half was our best game since the confed cup game against mexico. the pitch was horrible, so i think there is still room for improvement.

i was very happy with our first half lineup. giourkas, samaras, kiriakos and katsouranis show great promise once again.

i dont think anatolakis is up to par but today he had a good game, except for one instance where he just went back instead of attacking the norwegian striker whose shot went close. the good thing is that katsouranis played in midfield which made his goal possible.

to be honest though, we had two chances the whole game. one was a goal, the second one hit the post. norway could have scored. they seemed more dangerous although we had more part of the game.

i personally would maybe not have brought charisteas. we saw that samaras is much better. second half saw us plaing wiht no real midfield for some reason. maybe it would have been a good idea to strengthen the midfield. with whom? good question...out of form kafes maybe. or to have someone like salpi utilise his speed to penetrate the norwegian defense.

karagounis is debatable for me. he works great on the pitch but he is not very effective. ok his free kick brought the goal. so my argument should stop here. but i believe we need and have to expect much more from the player in his position. i am not sure if he can provide much more though. i dont question his workrate in any way, its just that when he has the ball chances are high nothing comes out of it. he seems to be a player that slows our game down or makes us losse possession. although first half today was an improvement. in the second half he was nowhere to be seen. if he plays an offensive part in our game, he has to be able to pull a decent pass something i miss.

Archived