dark_horse

Will Greece beat Norway?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece beat Norway?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

I have a feeling samaras will carve up in this game

I was thinking the same, Samaras should be in top form from his recent matches in the English Premiere League. But with Otto you know he will show his usual stubborn just wanting to put Charisteas in there. :ph34r:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same, Samaras should be in top form from his recent matches in the English Premiere League. But with Otto you know he will show his usual stubborn just wanting to put Charisteas in there.  :ph34r:

yeah i bet charisteas is waiting for otto to become manager of a club so he could play week in and week out :LOL:

In respect for the reining european champions and with hopes for a good match  :tup:

Your going to kill us. Have u not yet realised???
:LOL: remember that norway started this year with five loss in a row, and then three draws, we have won nothing exept of the two euro qualifier games.

but those two matches were quite good.

the norwegian players was asked if this is the most difficult match for Norway in the group, and all 22 answered yes. (only three-four mentioned the turkey-game aswell)

Posted ImageGreece 21:30 Norway Posted Image

Referee

Lubos Michel (SVK)

Assistant referee

Martin Balko (SVK) Marian Ruzbarsky (SVK)

Fourth offical

Vladimir Hrinak (SVK)

Probable Lineup for Greece

Antonios Nikopolidis

Giorgios Seitaridis

Panagiotis Fyssas

Ioannis Goumas

Sotirios Kyrigakos

Konstantinos Katsouranis

Stelios Giannakopoulos

Giorgios Karagounis

Theodoros Zagorakis

Nikolaos Lyberopoulos

Angelos Charisteas

What!? didn't Zagorakis retire from int play? plz plz otto don't put him and Charisteas in plzzzzzzzzzzz I would love to see this line-up:

Sifakis

Seitaridis

Fyssas

Goumas

Kyrigakos

Basinas

Giannakopoulos

Karagounis

Lyberopoulos

Pap

Salpi

Samaras and Gekas as subs if needed

What!? didn't Zagorakis retire from int play? plz plz otto don't put him and Charisteas in plzzzzzzzzzzz I would love to see this line-up:

Sifakis

Seitaridis

Fyssas

Goumas

Kyrigakos

Basinas

Giannakopoulos

Karagounis

Lyberopoulos

Pap

Salpi

Samaras and Gekas as subs if needed

Zagorakis will retire from int play after the bosnia game for sure, so hopefully he plays the two best games in his career this week.

just to question your line up,

Isnt pap having surgery or sick?

Is Basinas fit to play this game? i heard he was unable to play the norway game.

I hope Basinas is able to play.

Are you guys serious about Sifakis??? Sometimes I think many here don't actually wacth the games they just see that Nikopolidis isn't up to scratch and so NEEDS to be replaced. The fact is we don't have anyone better. Nikopolidis can't catch, we know that, but he still does have a presence and is capable of the odd big performance. I.e. both games in the CL this year. Whereas Sifakis isn't capable of anything!!! We have no keepers and we can't just stick in anyone!

Are you guys serious about Sifakis??? Sometimes I think many here don't actually wacth the games they just see that Nikopolidis isn't up to scratch and so NEEDS to be replaced. The fact is we don't have anyone better. Nikopolidis can't catch, we know that, but he still does have a presence and is capable of the odd big performance. I.e. both games in the CL this year. Whereas Sifakis isn't capable of anything!!! We have no keepers and we can't just stick in anyone!

In Greece its raining hard and Achristeas is not starting!

But the game has to go on

Anatolakis is arso starting

Decent 1st half for Greece but Norway has some strikers. Otto needs to remind the team that there is still 45 minutes to play. We should still try to force the play for the next 20 to 25 minutes.....after that perhaps put in a defensive substitute and hold off the Nordic team.

I would very much like to see us put in another goal or two. We must become more offensive-minded, in my opinion we play too defensively for our own good. Yes, a 1-0 win is a 1-0 win, but we need to be sure we can score more. Insurance isn't a bad thing here. I can't even remember specifically the last time we scored more than one goal and won a game :(

Archived