GS1905

who will go through?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. who will go through?

• Portugal in regulation time
    • Portugal in ET/penalties
    • France in regulation time
    • France in ET/penalties

Portugal and Big Phil are really on the right track.. France have really hit their peak and it will be a superb game.. difficult to guess.. Portugal to win in penalties with Ricardo in there :nw: ...

Scolari will determine the game with his selections on the wing.. It may perhaps be an alternative idea but maybe Miguel might start at LEFT BACK to cope with Ribery's pace.. Valente is hopeless in terms of speed..

Also Figo should start at the bench and come on later in the game to make an impact.. Simao should start..

Scolari will determine the game with his selections on the wing.. It may perhaps be an alternative idea but maybe Miguel might start at LEFT BACK to cope with Ribery's pace.. Valente is hopeless in terms of speed..

Also Figo should start at the bench and come on later in the game to make an impact.. Simao should start..

I agree that Ribery is Frances biggest danger and it wouldnt be too bad if Scolari started Paulo Ferreira in the left ( he plays sometimes there unlike Miguel). Miguel has been our greatest player in this WC and he is as important in defense as in attack.

Anyway we still have Henry, Zizou and Vieira ( he appears so good out of nowhere to finish) to worry about. Concentration and solidarity are the key words here since France seems to be very confident. Last 3 games against Togo, Spain and Brazil have been really impressive.

The retrospect is not very good since we lost against them in 2 Euro semi-finals and we just won´t adapt to their flamboyant passing around. Hope this time is different.

Ricardo

Miguel-----------------Carvalho------------------Meira------------Ferreira (Valente)

---------------------------------------Costinha----------Maniche

Figo-----------------------------------Deco---------------------------------Ronaldo

----------------------------------------Pauleta ;)

Fezada caralho!!!!!!

----------------------------Ricardo-----------------------------------

Miguel-----------------Carvalho------------------Meira------------Ferreira (Valente)

---------------------------------------Costinha----------Maniche-------------

Figo-----------------------------------Deco---------------------------------Ronaldo

Fezada caralho!!!!!!

I would actually start with Simao insted of Figo.. the guy is aging and has the pace of a turtle after getting tired.. I would bring on Figo according to the flow of the game..

There is part of me that wants Portugal in the final,because then I could say that we beat the finalists of the WC two times in their country. :D

But the other part tells me France.

So let the best team win

Figo might be old but he is also the fear factor for ever opponent.He is a player with a LOT of experience and he can create opportunities for Portugal out of nowhere.

Its interesting these 2 teams lost to Greece 2 years ago.

I'm picking France to win it all....

----------------------------Ricardo-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------Costinha----------Maniche-------------

Fezada caralho!!!!!!

I would actually start with Simao insted of Figo.. the guy is aging and has the pace of a turtle after getting tired.. I would bring on Figo according to the flow of the game..
I think Figos experience is important to lead the team in the first half since we are expecting France to start very strong. Hes not the explosive player he used to be ( how could he ?) but his presence, his passing and his leadership is very important. Simao coming in later in the game can be decisive because he is very fast and finalizes decently ( at least I hope so, our finalization ratings are disgraceful, we just wont score goals no matter how many shoots we make)

Costinha and Deco are back and with Maniche they will try to balance Vieira/ Makelele/Zizou power trio in the midfield. They all defend pretty well and are also able to pass long balls to Cristiano ( kid, this is the game for you) and explore some excess of experience of french central backs. Carvalho/ Henry, Miguel /Malouda, Valente/ Ribery ;) will be the "pairings" though I think that apart from Henry we will mark zonely.

Maybe 1-0 with a long Maniche shot.

Or, on penalties ? :D

Merci Beaucoup, France. Merci Beaucoup, Zidane.

Its funny how the Portugal fans talk about Greece's anemic offense in Euro 2004 knockout stages. Greece scored 3 goals in 3 knockout games. You how many goals Portugal scored in 3 knockout games in WC 2006 so far?

ONE. Count it. One against Holland in 90 minutes, zero against France in 90 minutes and zero against England in 120 minutes (including the fact that England played 60 of those minutes with 10 players). Thats a combined 300 minutes, not including stoppage time. The Germany game for 3rd place remains to be seen. Greece, in Euro 2004, did not play against any team that had 10 players and not did they win any game with penalties.

Well, it´s over, we did our part among the big sharks, we played the entire tournament without a striker ( Pauleta was just horrible), we annoyed everyone ( nobody likes us and we´re getting used to it) and we´ll be back to the Euro 2008 to win the damn thing ( or at least die trying).

We didn´t score many goals but there wasn´t a single team that outplayed us. We were not stuck in the box with eleven men in any game, we played face to face against anyone and if our scoring ratio is low is only because we don´t have a decent striker.

At least we gave a chance to rest of the world of hating us and insulting us without a rational reason. But this generation of portuguese have more in common with Vasco da Gama than Eusébio. We just don´t give a good ###### about what anybody thinks.

Parabéns rapazes :nw:

what does Scolari have against Nuno Gomes?? 1-0 down 70 mins gone and takes off Pauleta and puts on Simao.. Cristiano Ronaldo tried to play as a target striker for about 10 minutes until Postiga came on!

btw, the French team is now holding a new record! The team qualifying to the final with the idioest coach ever.. Domenech is absoultely hopeless.. did you see his substitutions? all were horrible!!

Ribery < Govou: take off a lightning quick dribbler that may create counter attacks for an aging winger/attacker

Malouda < Wiltord: take off the best player on the team so far and replace with an aging winger/attacker

Henry < Saha: the most awkward substitution I have seen in the whole tournament.. taking off an explosive striker for an explosive idiot!! :LOL:

This is pure bullshit.

If I was Ronaldo I´d move as soon as possible to Real Madrid or Barcelona clubs who have fans who can appreciate beautiful football. England is just the wrong place to be. Northern countries dont deserve the money they have to spend on players.

Anyway we have a bunch of them coming out in the next WC to join Cristiano: Quaresma, Nani, Fábio Paim, Helder Barbosa, Ivanildo, Vieirinha, Moutinho.

Don´t worry, you´ll hate them all ( at least I hope so)

Joga bonito miúdo. B)

Archived