Phantis Forums

OLY VS AEK FINAL

aekfan_euro

I believe this one will be a tight encounter with no more than one goal seperating the two teams if there is going to be a winner. This is because of the absence of influential midfielder Rivaldo for Olympiakos, and top scorer Lymberopoulos for AEK.

The big players will step up like Katsouranis, Lakis, Ivic, Emerson, Dellas (if starts). Cirillo could chyme in for a goal like he's done before and Georgeas will make those forward runs like he always does, hopefully.

1-0 AEK (Katso!!!)

Should be a great game, however AEK might have their minds on the Xanthi match. However the loss of Rivaldo is a big one for Oly and i think AEK will win 1-0!!!

Does anyone know what channel the game will be shown on??

Cheers :D

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

kala mia zoi tis g@mane tis ores....... den kseroun ti kanoun otan vgazoun programma.... akou ekei telikos kipelou na ginete me ton ilio kai oxi me tous provoleis...... ellas sto megaleio tis!!! proskiniste...... :box:

Guest SydneyOlympic4eva

Zito AEK! If we win the Greek cup and come second is that AUTOMATIC Uefa Champions League Qualification?

Well, definately not the way i wanted it to go for AEK.

The referee was ok, but just a few bad tackles early by Oly went unpunished, yet he seemed to give AEK players yellow cards for their first fouls.

AEK had 3 really good chances.

Katsouranis being set up by good play from Lakis. Kicked it straight at the keeper, should have scored.

Lyberopolous, was called offside when he was a foot onside, was one on one with the keeper and would have scored.

Lyberopolous again in the 2nd 1/2, Cesar deflected cross, took it first time, past the post, maybe could have controlled it.

After Oly scored, they were the better team by far. But before then, AEK were maybe just on top. Again, AEK were not creative, always move the ball down the flank or just kick it long to the area, no players make a run at their central defenders.

First Oly goal, probably should have been cleared.

Second goal, i could see coming a mile away, bad communication = own goal.

Third goal, a very nice goal, good skill by Castilo, but you have to wonder why no AEK player tried to tackle him. Maybe one little touch = penalty???

Anway, over the span of the whole game Oly were the much better team, but having said that AEK did have their chances.

Emerson was by far the best player for AEK, tried really hard, even down to the last minute. Was the only AEK midfielder that could set anything up.

Lakis was also quite good, making some damaging runs and putting in some good balls.

Lyberopolous and Katsouranis were solid, also put in a lot of work.

Cesar was dissappointing, bad first touch, some really bad crosses aswell, plus lots of diving.

Ivic was more or less unsighted, the only ball he got was in his defensive 1/2.

Georgeas. Djorgevic carved him up. A right back, and possibley left back need to be purchased before next season.

Something that did surprise me, AEK had 12 or 13 corners, but could not make one chance out of them. Quite surprising as AEK score most of their goals from set pieces.

Overall, a very dissapointing night for me, but i guess we all have to move on and put our focus on the game against Xanthi. If we do make the CL, playing football like this against top european sides will get us a nice ass kicking!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

NOTHING TO SAY

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :

@damianos:

the corners really striked me too...no danger at all.

why does dellas play if our starter all season is alexopoulos? dellas mistake on goal one...never really played all season but plays in the cup FINAL?

were is venglinsky? lakis did some damage because he is fast...venglinsky is fast too and can score.

why did he sub in alexopoulos as we were losing. to keep the score?

I wasn't surprised with the result, in fact I predicted a 3-1 rout, but we couldn't even get that.

Regardless of the so-called 'turnaround' the team's still in the same position it was in last season, with the decision coming down to the last game, and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Xanthi thumps us 2-0 or worse. If they lose the next game, I won't be watching another AEK game until they re-tool the line-up with some quality players. I'm sick of watching them choke. If I want that, I could be watching some Red Wings games.

Dellas had a great Euro, but that was two years ago and the guy's been injured pretty much since he came back. Trade him off, bench him, do whatever you want with him, but if he never gets any playing time, you can't expect to start him!

Lyberopoulos is the club's top scorer; you couldn't not have him play, but one of those chances, he should have buried. AEK seems to fold after they get scored on.

In my opinion Ivic has to go. He did not create any chances, always trying to do some fancy bullshit which never works, and is never ready to push the ball up. It almost seemed as if he was playing as a hb. Disappointing performance, throughout the season, so i wasn't surprised.

The problem with playing Venglinsky or Kapetanos is that they haven't played with the team. When subbed on it seems as if they are lost immediately. That is clearly Santos fault who hasn't given them the opportunity to gel.

Classic AEK football, possession and nothing else.

As an Olympiacos supporter I thought that AEK lost the game themselves. They had some GREAT chances to put the pressure on Olympiacos, but since the players didn't take advantage the ball came back to hurt them..

It was a decent game by AEK and that's being generous. I expected a bit more.

Archived