Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

what about roubakis and that french defender?? what about wooter?? pitsos?? bikovski?? epalle to some extent???

All in all now that Tsigger has proven he has the $$$ to bring in talent i think it would b a huge mistake for him to go back to the stone ages of buying cheapies or else he will face a huge backlash IMO...

Question do we own Sylla or is that Bs???

Roubakis, Pitsos were good for OFI and we took them midseason as backups...Pitsos didnt really do that bad actually.....Kotsios was one and actually ended up pretty good.

Wooter, Epalle, they were crap but at the time they were doing really well and somebody thought they were good enough...Epalle was doing really well/looked prospective and he was, just not for PAO...

but yeah theres money but theres so many players for diff roles needed- we cant afford to buy Saviola types to play a backup for example....if you were to divide that money from saviola you could get about 4-5 'cheap' players (and some of them could turn out to be steals)

Bikowsky was a 5th striker...and yeah he was cheap but honestly hes the perfect 5th striker...whenever he did get to see the pitch hed play great and scored some nice goals...He worked hard and didnt cost much and for a player thats really not so important i mean come on why would you splash cash on a 5th striker?

Sylla-----i think we really do own him. How or why I have no idea whose idea it was to get him. Very lousy player.

also:

Pliagkas, Gantsev are on loan to Levadeiakos

http://new.e-go.gr/sports/article.asp?cati...=2&pubid=351134

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill agree 100%

Pliagkas is not ready for PAO yet- hes got raw skill but needs more playing time than hell get at PAO.

Gantsev I never get to see but hes 18-19 we have Gkekas, Pap, Tsigkas, Mantzios, Kritikos and chance of another signing.....theres no room for him, and the expereince being a starter will be much better for him.

Also last year we gave a lot of experience to young players and concequently we suffered in results. This year shouldnt be a rebuilding year, we are going to have plenty of young kids deserving their chances and we cant accomodate them every year...

that would be great for Bousinakis!

I think theyre 1st division right? Keep us updated on his performances...and then hell count as a Greek Abroad...

they are in 1 division(like b ethniki)

so it is not a move up for him it is a move down i would say!

the only good think about this is that he will get some different mentality in him rather than being in a low club in greece where he would be treated like shiit!

atleast here they have a very good youth system but he have should gone maybe 1 year ealier!

arsenal have expressed that they dont wish to sign saviola..i read yesterdayin the papers that saviola would agree to greece but barca have some sort of problem...appartnetly tzigger is trying to iron it out..we will see..this is getting tooo loooong...

i like this link we have wth denmark...these players may nt be playing hugely competitive football, but they are playing and starting on a regualr basis and training and developing their talent...these players that are getting sent out are 17-19 years old, and should be playing regualraly so we can see if their talent develops into full professions...i think these are very good moves cause if they didnt happn, these players would either sit on the bench, play for the youth team or play in the B' Ethniki...though that may be better then the 1st division in denemark (im not sure the coompeition in the 1st divi in denmark) but they are getting experince of playing internationally and that can never hurt...

Saviola signed with panathinaikos for 3.9M.. mark my words.. im dreaming and sleeptyping.. ok.

now that i am awake... it will NOT happen. i wish it does. but it wont.

jorgensen is more a possibility.

hopefully Antosson will be the dude in the bck for the next few years. he looks big and strong and with biscan and Tziolis/Andric/Anderson as Koftes, the Pao defense will look better.

a for the game against sochaux, the second goal was clearly offside. and mantzios haul down in the box woulda been a penalty were it not for the friendly tpe game. Hmm.. funny how OSFP still got one calle dfor them.. haha.. jk red fans.. take it easy...

anyway..the way i see it, Bakke has them playing an aggressive system with the two extremes pushing frotn and back causing attacking from the sides which is the softest position of defending in greece which is why Olym did so welll in the past 10 years. over 70% of their goals in the last 9 seasons came from the left side.

up the mdidle soccer that the Italian Eggplant was tryin tto play with Eki going back and forth like a dog and had seric and bides tryin centres all game long. Pao was most succesful with bides coming from the side, usually left, and kept crossing in balls all game long. no wonder he was top in assists. imagine having an actual threat from the other side, would be nice. and eki will pick up his game since his focus will be on offense and not on defense.

anyway time will tell.

------------------------galino--------------------------

nilsson-----morris-------antosson-----darlas

--------------biscan----tziolis------romero

--------------------------eki------------------

-----------mantzios---------papdopoulos

According to a paper in Barcelona. Javier Saviola's agent has left england with no takers and the player himself has asked to be transferred to Pao or Sevilla. I did not make this up and i just heard it on supersport.gr. it seems as though he will NOT come now. Every time there is a sure bet with a signing in Greece, it never happens.. i.e. Ze Roberto,Mpenza etc...

However if anything, it does offer some optimism to pesseimists like myself.

I still think he wont come to Pao. Hopefully im wrong.

Dude i would be so ecstatic if we got Saviola, i couldnt care less about Tudor. plus who needs Defense when u have Pap, Romero,Eki, Saviola etc up front.

by the way i just heard on supersport fm that Ajax have offered 600k for Mantzios..

i would be sad to see him go but it would be GREAT for his career.

Mantzos better not be sold!!!

i have no objections to Saviola...hope this happens...

In the meanwhile of all this Saviola to PAO, is there any reason why we cant sign another quality defender??? :blink: has everything just stopped???

i originally thought we needed another defender, but now looking at it, im not sure..we need our defense to WORK together..i think we have quality defenders, they just need to gel better..mb communicaiton is the problem..or something, but the quality is there...apparently morris is finding his feet, antonnson from what ive heard and seen is a good centre back..we have goumas as well who is old and slow but has lots of exepereince...darlas and seric on the left, vyntra and nillson on the right and kotsios playing around that..mb one signing, but judging by the player we should be ok..they just need to gel as a unit

by the way i just heard on supersport fm that Ajax have offered 600k for Mantzios..

i would be sad to see him go but it would be GREAT for his career.

Yeaf, if he plays!!! Huntelaar and Rosenberg are loved as a partnership at Ajax! Mantzios will be on the bench, but I agree that it would be a boost for his career.

if Charisteas didnt make it, neither will Mantzios. After all he is a mini Charisteas... heard nothing about it yet, probably bs. Ajax isnt a good move for him just yet. Hes only one year at PAO. Another season or two and hell be able to go out there and compete for a spot there...

Archived