Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

DUDE yeah so you're judging the guy based on extended highlights. How do you do that? You can't tell how a player really does just from highlights.

No, I watch him in full 90 minute matches frequently, however I'm also pointing out that I also see EVERY one of his games on extended highlights. So unlike you, i am not basing my judgement on a few glimpses of him here and there.

And yes he played well for most of the second half of the season when he first arrived (he came in starting January). And comparing him to Rooney or Adebayor is silly; different players develop at different times.

He is way below average in the standard of the Prem... with a bit of luck and alot of hard work he might develop into an average Prem player in a few years from now. That's not good enough for NT football.

which greek player currently playing in the greek super league, do you consider to be the most expensive transfer target for a foreign side? which player and how much, whether pounds or euro?

This is irrelevant. British players are generally hugely overpriced! Hence the reason Wenger says he doesn't delve in the British market much. Hutton is ridiculously overpriced, that doesn't mean the Scottish league has quality. He's no better than Patsa.

as far as vassell, you waited 9 days until vassell scored to reply? hmmm...

There was NT football and it was the first game he played since you posted ;)

i would still take samaras over salpi...and salpi is still a lessor player in terms of technique and finishing. i will say salpi has improved a bit in regards to first touch/control, but he was horrid against finland, his old bug-a-boos in clear sight.

That's why you'll never be a manager! :P

As for Samaras' finishing being better than Salpi's... :blink:

Guest TheLegend

another short appereance whch he hit the post...

Now if only a coach would actualy give him more than 8 minutes to play he might do great...

another short appereance whch he hit the post...

Now if only a coach would actualy give him more than 8 minutes to play he might do great...

The coach can't just throw him in... McDonald has been amazing for Celtic and scores goals for fun. If Samaras wants to play alongside him he has to earn it.

Guest TheLegend

so ur saying he has to score a goal playing 8 minutes to earn it...

not gona happen... tell me how many fowards in the world play 8 minutes and score... and fowards need to play alot to score.

Im saying he should get a chance to play either half a game or a full game...

good for mcdonald...but when celtic is up 4-0 why cant samaras go in?

so ur saying he has to score a goal playing 8 minutes to earn it...

not gona happen... tell me how many fowards in the world play 8 minutes and score... and fowards need to play alot to score.

Im saying he should get a chance to play either half a game or a full game...

good for mcdonald...but when celtic is up 4-0 why cant samaras go in?

I agree with you.

DUDE I think its interesting that you think I'm basing my opinion of him from watching "a few glimpses". If that were true I would actually say so! But the fact is, I've watched lots of games with him from beginning to end.

Then there's no excuse for your poor judgement! :LOL:

(Just kidding dude). :P

CELTIC 2 - 3 BARCELONA

Samaras came on around 55th minute (score 2-2).

The manager put him on to help grab the important winning goal.. the manager had faith in samaras, however another goal was conceeded instead and the game was lost.

samaras best instance in the game is where he dived in the box and got a yellow card for it..

puyol was no where near him when he dived. this was embarrassing

Edited by levendi2000

Guest TheLegend

Well it is but you know what. If he got a penalty he would have started playing more most likely... Its sad that hes purely a bench player. Hes very talented. Probably the most TALENTED greek foward if not one of the more talented players. He can dribble... shoot with both feet....has accuracy...good height....

if only he plays more and gets better..

Well it is but you know what. If he got a penalty he would have started playing more most likely... Its sad that hes purely a bench player. Hes very talented. Probably the most TALENTED greek foward if not one of the more talented players. He can dribble... shoot with both feet....has accuracy...good height....

He has no accuracy, is too slow to have a dribbling ability and he's too weak to use his height effectively. Trying to argue that he would have played more had he conned the ref into getting a penalty really is clutching at straws.

Guest TheLegend

to weak not accurate and to slow is all stuff that can be trained and developed hence why i say if he plays more hell get better..

and if u say no accuracy ive seen alot of his goals and they have been in cuz of acuracy so i dont think accuracy is a problem

He has no accuracy, is too slow to have a dribbling ability and he's too weak to use his height effectively. Trying to argue that he would have played more had he conned the ref into getting a penalty really is clutching at straws.
that is the most accurate summary of samaras i have heard from anybody. thank you

to weak not accurate and to slow is all stuff that can be trained and developed hence why i say if he plays more hell get better..

and if u say no accuracy ive seen alot of his goals and they have been in cuz of acuracy so i dont think accuracy is a problem

File he is known for missing easy chances, that's because of an accuracy problem. He is also known for not getting many chances, that's because he can't physically impose himself enough to create chances.

Yes, if he plays more he'll get better. But how much better?? If a player in the 3rd division in Greece that is used to sitting on the bench plays more, he'll get better too, but that's not enough to justify a place on the team. "Better" is relative.

Guest TheLegend

File he is known for missing easy chances, that's because of an accuracy problem. He is also known for not getting many chances, that's because he can't physically impose himself enough to create chances.

Yes, if he plays more he'll get better. But how much better?? If a player in the 3rd division in Greece that is used to sitting on the bench plays more, he'll get better too, but that's not enough to justify a place on the team. "Better" is relative.

hes defintly good enough to play in Scotland

this player continues to disappoint me..

he had potential, he has lost it while he was at city..

not worthy of greek national team

There is a problem with DUDE: He's slow, weak in the head and incredibly inaccurate.

Just like my girlfriend!Maria madalena)

Dude,he was propably reffering to Giorgos Samara and not to you.Unfortunatelly the word Dude can be used for every guy,the same way as man or friend so would you like to add somthig to your nickname so it can be used only for you,like Red Dude,or Dude of England or CrazyDude?????Let me know....El Crazy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic