Phantis Forums

Scazny reportedly getting the sack

Lalin

wat did Fatih :nono: do with Galata exactly? was he the 2000 coach?

FATIH TERIM - GALATASARAY & NT ACHIEVEMENTS

- won the Turkish SuperLeague four times in a row for the first time in Turkish history (1997-98-99-2000)

- won the UEFA Cup at Parken on May 17, 2000 by beating Arsenal on PK 4-1.

- made the treble in 2000 by winning the SuperLeague, Turkish FA Cup and UEFA Cup

- won the Turkish FA Cup three times with Galatasaray

- also first ever NT coach to win a EURO berth (EURO'96 in England)

- won the Mediterranean Games Football Championship in 1993 for Turkish U21 team...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FATIH TERIM - GALATASARAY & NT ACHIEVEMENTS

- won the Turkish SuperLeague four times in a row for the first time in Turkish history (1997-98-99-2000)

- won the UEFA Cup at Parken on May 17, 2000 by beating Arsenal on PK 4-1.

- made the treble in 2000 by winning the SuperLeague, Turkish FA Cup and UEFA Cup

- won the Turkish FA Cup three times with Galatasaray

- also first ever NT coach to win a EURO berth (EURO'96 in England)

- won the Mediterranean Games Football Championship in 1993 for Turkish U21 team...

hey i called him Fatty so what? everyone gets nicknames. :)

sounds very impressive- could u tell me what he did after too with Milan and other teams? what has he done since?

FATIH TERIM - CAREER IN SERIE A

- took over a bankrupt Fiorentina in June 2000. carried the team to the 4th spot which was relegation-bound for many critics.

- resigned after falling out with Cecchi Gori whilst the team was fifth in February.

- led Fiorentina to the Italian Cup Final in which he was unable to coach his team.

- took over Rossoneri on July 2001.

- Milan was eventually third -two behind leaders Juve- on ninth week of Scudetto when he was sacked because of Galliani's unending bitchiness.

Guest Protathlitis

i dont mean to sound racist or offend the turk.

but to you vazeloi really want a turkish coach? I just could never want that for Osfp

like I said turk, pleas dont take offence; some things cant be changed

dont mean to sound racist or offend the turk

look at his credentials,terim is a damn good coach.,,,,i couldnt care less if he was albanian, swahilian, or ugandanian,,,if hes a top notch coach who cares what natioonality he is.

If hes got credentials,so what. Whats happened in the past is history between our 2 countries. Panathianikos bought Koutlay in the their basketball team,,and he was a top player. Panathinaikos didnt hold back cause he was turk,they signed him cause the kid could play.Panathianikos also tried signing the unsettled erol bullut from panionios,,who is a paiktara.ala that fell through causel,he had contract issues with panionio/

i dont mean to sound racist or offend the turk.

but to you vazeloi really want a turkish coach? I just could never want that for Osfp

like I said turk, pleas dont take offence; some things cant be changed

i also am not a fan of that, but whats the difference now that weve had everyother nationality on the team. But if he can really do something for PAO id take him.

If he does something many other coaches can do, dont put him. We need to focus on football and not where hes from. also it will be a bit awkward for him hearing the "gam***** h AEK kai h Tourkia" vs AEK...... the only thing i truly worry about is turning PAO into another colony...which means wed get the players he THINKS has potential (wed only pay for the very cheap uncertain ones) and have them included in the lineup for favoritism. If we have a foreign coach i want to still have a healthy mix of domestic players ( i reallly like the new UEFA domestic rule, especially because we have some great youth coming up:tup: ) and some foreign boosts...

Guest Protathlitis

the only thing i truly worry about is turning PAO into another colony

damn I didnt think of that; that is a VERY good point. again thats probably an issue which would split most people and for me personally I just dont want it to ever happen

ok i agree Terim is a good coach, but... does he know well the GREEK podosfairo??? because we must pay attention to the structures in the different kinds of football...

in my opinion if he is the xenos who will manage us... OK... go ahead!!! but i'm afraid he will face a lot of difficulties with our players... our players are in a bad psychological situation... Terim must be like Otto, he must say to the players: Come on everybody, let's break it all!!! We are the GREEN NOBLE COLORS OF PAO!!! If he can put in our players minds we are able to win and to be competitive, we can succeed a lot... but if it's not possible we will have another bomb in our hands...

PAO THRISKEIA, THYRA 13!!!!

terim would be a very good move for you. i dont think he would make very big things this season, but he would get into the greek football mentality and would be able to build a strong team for next season.

greece needs it also to bring in big names, if it is a coach or a player doesnt matter. that would also help to give greek football a better reputation in europe.

@protathlitis: that stuff is over. we should look forward and if a coach or a player is very good why not sign him?

sport is connecting people. politics should not stand in the middle.

i am really sad skazny left. he did such a good job for us ;)

good luck in getting a new coach.

i am really sad skazny left. he did such a good job for us

i am really sorry alefantos got sacked last yr!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did such a good job for us

he made a sub for a substitute didnt he,,loool in the greek cup final

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

btw protathliti,,ur the stupid one with that nik name???

who is the current protathiliti ellados?????????

it certainly wasnt u!

nikname urself 2ndbest

Between Iordanescu and the Turk, I'd take Fatty Terim anyday! Iorda is a very old-fashioned coach. Fatty knows the euro experience, more-or-less the Greek & Turkish work ethic is the same.... so he should be a great fit for PAO.

The rest is crap... about ethnic sh*t... People are people and should be judged on their actions/character! Our basketball team re-signed another great Turk....

Not to overdo on politics.... but, 1821, WWI and WWII are over.... we have to look to the future, both for Greece and PAO.... Most Greeks and Turks I don't think they have a problems with eachother once they get to know eachother... And, by the way, if the Turk is successful with PAO would anyone support the team any less because of him? On the contrary.... we will all go crazy with joy!

we need coach like Otto...... whatever cuz this is not gonna happen.

do you guys think IF we get Terim tha yparxei kanena provlima me tous Kyprious pou exoume stin omada?? Oloi kseroume oti oi Kyprioi den theloun tous Tourkous oute zografistous...

If, if he's good for PAO, then they should act like professional players! They're hired to do a job, otherwise they can go elsewhere! I don't think Fatty is some obnoxious cretin.... he's got international experience, he's not a ignorant peasant from Anatolia... Com'on now!

we need coach like Otto...... whatever cuz this is not gonna happen.

do you guys think IF we get Terim tha yparxei kanena provlima me tous Kyprious pou exoume stin omada?? Oloi kseroume oti oi Kyprioi den theloun tous Tourkous oute zografistous...

thats true.....i cant see Terim having a good effect on our Cypriot players. But who knows they are proffesionals....

Definitely not a Greek coach; this team never did anything in Europe w/ a Greek coach. Iordanescu may be very good since he's worked in Greece before and he knows the territory plus he has international experience (did very well w/ Romania in the WC). Bruno Metsu maybe? Henri Michel? Unlikely, would be good though. You know I think Napoleon Bonaparte would have been great!

Archived