Phantis Forums

Milan interested in Giourkas

m_kafes

i was hoping for 16 at least....... i dont understand how Porto can manage to get rid of worthless Ferreira for 20 something million........hes not where like Seitaridis.

also Milan desperatly need a good right back like Giourka......Cafu sucks and is getting old

Guest Protathlitis

Giourkas is the best right back in the world. Fereirra is s%$#! and not good enough for that chelsea team or 22 mill.

when has porto said that the price is 6-7mill?

yes i agree with that we couldve got more money out of both of them, in kyriakos' case we could have kept him for half a season and let his stock rise at the same time, and i think we sold seitaridis too cheap as well, he just got voted the second best right back in the world

but hey what can we say, we all know greek players do not have much value :angry: :nono:

Makari paides, this kid has one of the brightest futures along with Aggele nothing is impossible, AND they DESERVE it too! Lets see if Milan comes through!

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is the best RB right now, but he sure is up there and thats without any stretch of the imagination, imagine if everything falls right with clubs and personal development, the possibilities are endless with this leventi !

Makari paides, this kid has one of the brightest futures along with Aggele nothing is impossible, AND they DESERVE it too! Lets see if Milan comes through!

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is the best RB right now, but he sure is up there and thats without any stretch of the imagination, imagine if everything falls right with clubs and personal development, the possibilities are endless with this leventi !

i could say he is....he is phenomenal for ethniki and porto........who is better though??? Ferreira isnt for damn sure...dont try to tell me Cafu....Seitaridis is definitly in the top 5, and with his age hes heading for #1...

Cafu was once world class but he is ageing now.

The thing with Ferreira is I agree he is not as good as Giourkas IMO. However he only went to Chelsea bc of Mourinho and was prolly sold for that amount bc of the ridiculous amounts of money that is been thrown around by Abramovich.

Seitaridis I think will benefit largely by a move to Milan, been in an environment with some of the best players in the world. Plus he'd be in the same city as Karagounis.

Good luck to the kid - I'd say he is definately one of the best right backs in the world now. I think 6-7 Million euro would be a lil cheap but I dun think any right back should be sold for over 20 mill like Ferriera. Plus we get 20%. Anyways, playing for the European Champions is surely gonna raise your value.

Italy is a strange league and I feel it's too early for Giourkas to move into Serie A, more importantly to ACM. He has to end this season in FCP and then if an offer comes, he can take it. I feel that Giourkas is one of the best three or four right-backs in the game but a move to ACM may ruin his career. Because the Italians never ever forgive, esp the foreigners!!!

he would definitly play, and it would no way ruin his career. It would bring it up a level further. Seitaridis has flair skill speed, great defense and offensive qualities and they will get better with Milan, i think hes a perfect match....

he would definitly not sit the bench the whole season-

i think wed see him come into the team like Kaka, who came to replace Rui Costa, get a few chances and eventually just leave Cafu completely out of the picture with his performances and potential.....

fcportoultra:

At the risk of going off topic, don't you think it's a bit ungracious of you to say Mourinho sucks?

The guy gave your club it's most successful ever period in its history and you guys hate him? Come on, give it up. It's not classy.

the way he acted at the CL final i hate him too. nobody is too good to celebrate with their team.

That I think is Irrelative. In the end of the day he gave Porto 2 European titles, brought in shitloads of money and in 5 years time no one is gonna remember that he didn't celebrate. The things that stay are the Trophies under his management.

For me he is the best manager worldwide and he is proving that with Chealsea as well.

Porto fans should be thankfull.

That I think is Irrelative. In the end of the day he gave Porto 2 European titles, brought in shitloads of money and in 5 years time no one is gonna remember that he didn't celebrate. The things that stay are the Trophies under his management.

For me he is the best manager worldwide and he is proving that with Chealsea as well.

Porto fans should be thankfull.

i agree that he is a great coach..his mind for football is uncomparable..he is unique and smart and has the will and drive to win..but there is no doubt that he is an arrogent, self-centered dick....the way he carries himsefl around and the way he talks with the press and the things that he says are sometimes absurd..he thinks he is the s%$#! and no one else is up to his par...though sometimes this is what u need to be a great manager in football i think one day it will all come back to him and he will wish he didnt say alot of the s%$#! that he did say...he is a wonderful coach, but as a person, he is one of the most arrogent people i have ever seen...

That is not true.

Jose just puts on a show for the press.

I have a friend who is going out with a Chelsea accountant and he said that Mourinho was the only one of the footballing side to go to the Chelsea employees part and spend some time with the people behind the scenes who don't get the glamour.

He said he was very friendly with everyone and spoke to them from the same level.

He's the best thing to happen to English football in a long time with his new ideas and wit!!!

I love this guy, I think he's great.

But, he's like marmite, you either love him or you hate him B)

..but there is no doubt that he is an arrogent, self-centered dick....the way he carries himsefl around and the way he talks with the press and the things that he says are sometimes absurd..he thinks he is the s%$#! and no one else is up to his par...though sometimes this is what u need to be a great manager in football i think one day it will all come back to him and he will wish he didnt say alot of the s%$#! that he did say...he is a wonderful coach, but as a person, he is one of the most arrogent people i have ever seen...

That is a result of Chelseas need for a manager who could stand up to Wenger and Sir Alex. This is all about publicity. The Premiership works in mysterious ways :D (they make Super Stars out of simply good players -see Becham, Owen, Rooney- and they try to manufacture coach fights because that makes the headlines) It's all a matter of marketing my friend...

Archived