Phantis Forums

Milan interested in Giourkas

m_kafes

That I think is Irrelative. In the end of the day he gave Porto 2 European titles, brought in shitloads of money and in 5 years time no one is gonna remember that he didn't celebrate. The things that stay are the Trophies under his management.

For me he is the best manager worldwide and he is proving that with Chealsea as well.

Porto fans should be thankfull.

i would remember, Porto fans will remember. thats turning back on your team. yeah he did great but if hes an a**hole its still known. Mourinho showed he didnt care for the club. They will remember the Cups and be greatful, but its like us and the chicken Nikopolidis, did great with PAO. I remember the good times, but come back to leoforos and he will play his last game. People remember a bitter ending too, despite all the good.

and rehagel is better than mourinho. this is obvious. he took a great Porto side with amazing players to win, and now he is winning the premier league, but he has a budget of unlimited. he is a good coach, not the best. The best is greek, the best is KING OTTO. :gr: :gr: :gr:

Come on, Mourinho acted arrogantly in CL final but I soon learnt that he was threatened by the Portoguese mafia and I found him right not to celebrate! And if he can be called arrogant, what will you call Arsene the Lacklustre Wenger??? After Chelsea deservedly kicked the ass of the bitches in CL-quarters last year he said afterwards: "As a gentleman, I did not appreciate the way Mr Ranieri reacted after winning!" We all know how a gentleman you and your suck-my-dick team are: "Galatasaray never deserve to be here and I am still shocked how they eventually beat us! (2000, Press Conf after UEFA Cup Final in Kobenhavn"...

And Sir Fergie is not less... He once called Real Madrid "the ability teasers" after they signed Becks a few seasons ago!!!

Come on guys! JoseMo was what the boring boring English soccer needed!!! Pity for FCP, I wish he stayed there longer but even I will not stand in any team where my life is under-threat!!!

Go JoseMo...

GO CHELSEA! F-U-C-K ARSENAL!!!

Guest Protathlitis

I like Arse-nal, especially under Wenger. He also has a small budget compared man u and the rest yet hes signed outstanding players like Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Viera. You have to admire their style of football as well.

I likes chelsea before abram... came along. By spending these ridiculous amounts he has cheapened club football. Mourinho is obviously a great coach but Rehaggle deserves to be coach of the year for allowing Greece to reach its potential.

uefa.com didnt have one greek player in its team: that is just disgraceful. Cafu ahead of Seitaridis and Fereirra.

Also whats with no Greek players being invited to the tsunami game?

fukin dogs, it makes you wonder about their motives

Come on, Mourinho acted arrogantly in CL final but I soon learnt that he was threatened by the Portoguese mafia and I found him right not to celebrate!

The portuguese mafia :o ???

He was threatened by one member of Super Dragoes (the most radical porto fans) because he had been flirting with his girl!!! Those are personal issues for ###### sake!! We won the damn Champions League and the guy was all bored in Gelsenkirchen. People travelled from Canada and Australia to support the team, FCporto as an institution has nothing to do with what that a**hole does for a hobby.

He didnt celebrate, he removed his medal on his way to the lockerooms (while everybody else was celebrating).

He is by far the best coach in the world but he has to be thankful to Porto as well. After all it was the first club ever where he had success. He spend eight weeks coaching Benfica and he made absolutely nothing in Lisbon. But the guy treats Porto as just another club , even with some unecssary desdain.

Imagine King Otto doing that to the greek people after Euro 2004.

So why don;t you give back the cups he won for you as well!!!

Ok, so he didn't celebrate the win in the final but did you see how he celebrated when Porto scored against ManU? He ran the whole pitch to celebrate. Or did you forget that? and he took the medal off his chest. SO THE FCUK WHAT? Maybe it was too heavy :P maybe he just didn;t want it hanging there. I don't believe it was a show of disrespect to Porto FC or its fans. He did his best in the final, didn't he?

Also, I agree with Evergreen when he says he plays the media. He is a very very clever man. He says arrogant things for a reason and his tactics with the media are spot on. He is playing not only the media but everybody in the country who follows football is in awe of his ways. His press conferences are always packed out and everyone wants to listen to what he says. I actually think they could sell tickets to his press conferences :)

Porto's right..Its shocking to see a player/amnager not live the moment of the kfetie as far as fans are conerned..rememberthe greeks faces when we won euro?? even Tsartas was nmiling!!!

Mourinho seems cold hearted, unemotionl and manipulative. hes dead smart, but should show a lot more repsect o porto. glad they beat him.

He knew he was leaving for Chelsea before the Champions League final, and kept his distance from all the celebrations for this reason. He allowed the players to take all the glory after the game, and decided to slip away without any attention (although he still ended up in the spotlight).

Arrogant? Of course he is, but so what - he's got a lot to be arrogant about. he's a proven winner.

Disrespectful? I think he showed Porto more respect by acting in the manner he did. Did they want to see a hysterically happy coach announce his resignation from the club days later? Instead he acted with respect and avoided any accusations of hypocrisy.

He knew he was leaving for Chelsea before the Champions League final, and kept his distance from all the celebrations for this reason. He allowed the players to take all the glory after the game, and decided to slip away without any attention (although he still ended up in the spotlight).

Arrogant? Of course he is, but so what - he's got a lot to be arrogant about. he's a proven winner.

Disrespectful? I think he showed Porto more respect by acting in the manner he did. Did they want to see a hysterically happy coach announce his resignation from the club days later? Instead he acted with respect and avoided any accusations of hypocrisy.

Look Johnny. By the time we played the CL final we already knew he was leaving.

Hypocrisy is winning the most important trophy of all with a team effort and start acting like he was the Messiah that gave poor old Porto 15 minutes of fame.

He is a brilliant coach but he treats his own country as a bunch of simpletons.

He didnt win the trophies all by himself, Uefa gave him a medal, he didnt seem to like it, maybe he wanted to take the cup to London.

Thats why gentlemen like Ricardo Carvalho and Deco deserve our unconditional admiration no matter where they go. They dont forget.

Neither do I.

As a matter of fact I think you should be thankfull MUrinho didn't make a big fuss out of the spitting incident he had with a Porto fan on the CL fixture this year.

If he didn't feel anything for Porto he could have had you penalized by Uefa, but he played it down.

..but there is no doubt that he is an arrogent, self-centered dick....the way he carries himsefl around and the way he talks with the press and the things that he says are sometimes absurd..he thinks he is the s%$#! and no one else is up to his par...though sometimes this is what u need to be a great manager in football i think one day it will all come back to him and he will wish he didnt say alot of the s%$#! that he did say...he is a wonderful coach, but as a person, he is one of the most arrogent people  i have ever seen...

That is a result of Chelseas need for a manager who could stand up to Wenger and Sir Alex. This is all about publicity. The Premiership works in mysterious ways :D (they make Super Stars out of simply good players -see Becham, Owen, Rooney- and they try to manufacture coach fights because that makes the headlines) It's all a matter of marketing my friend...
i have met him...this isnt just the press i am talking about...though he does put oon alittle bit of a show..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Protathlitis

Id love to see him at Milan, people say they want to see a Greek at Real but I think the best honour is to play at Milan: A class club

Giourka will be treated like a king there. the only worry is whether or not he'll start. then again if you buy a right back your usually gonna start him

Archived