Phantis Forums

Iraklis - OSFP (cup)

CH-Thrylos

within a few days we pla again against iraklis. this time a completely different team will play because giovanni, rivaldo, schurrer, djordjevic, georgiadis and georgatos wont go to thessaloniki to play.

the most probable line-up seems to be this one:

------------------------nikopolidis----------------------

mavrogenidis------anatolakis------vallas-----pantos

maric------------kafes--------stoltidis--------taralidis

-------------------castillo------okkas------------------

further more giannou, d'acol, filippakos, rezic, venetidis, kostoulas and kouloucheris will complete the 18 players.

does taralidis play on the left wing? or will it be more like a 4-5-1 with just okkas in front, castillo on the left side, taralidis and stoltidis defencive midfield and kafes organising the game?

if iraklis plays like on sunday it could be a very interesting match. i'm sure our younger players want to show what they are able to do.

I love these graphic predictions.

'22 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

'55 OLY Ieroklis Stoltidis

'79 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

'89 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

W- Nikopolidis

L- Abaris

All OLY, all day. First 20 is pretty boring. Then, Kafes hits up Okkas just onside turns around and fires past Abaris. In the second half,we turn it up even more and a surprising long-range attempt by stoltidis catches Abaris playing too far up. Iraklis goes on the attack and gets a chance, by Nikopolidis turns it aside. Kafes lines up a corner and finds Okkas's head. Okkas beats Abaris top shelf. A long day for Abaris comes full circle as Okkas beats 3 Iraklis backs, and finds himself all alone with Abaris. First shot catches the pipe behind Abaris, but Okkas grabs his own rebound and puts it home. A hat trick for Okkas, and PAO fans eat their words......AGAIN!

our best players are either tired or have some minor injuries.

rivaldo was hit on the knee on sunday.

georgatos has problems with the injury which put him out before already.

schurrer has problems with his back, and so does gio i think.

djordjevic is out of gas and needs to relax a bit.

i have no problem with them not playing. i look forward to see the young ones play and show their skills.

Filippakos played for only 9 minutes but to me he was the only promising Oly player. I wish he had more time because the guy seems to have enough speed, skill and passion for substituting Georgiadis. Dakol wasn't fast enough and his finishing showed inexperience. Taralidis was a big disappointment. Kostoulas had some good moments but he had his share of mistakes (including the goal, as far as I can remember).

Anyway, that was probably the worst match of this season. If our offense is blocked by the solid marking of a small team like Iraklis (in two successive matches), we are in big trouble. Btw, it was thanks to the inexperience of their striker that they scored only 1 goal against us.

Castillo was foolishly provacative, as always. Most Oly players were slow, passionless and constantly leaning to the overpopulated middle instead of playing at the wings. It was as we played with 10 Giovannis in our line-up :)

I saw the game and liked D'Akol as well.. Oly played much better once he entered in Castillo's spot (he should have got a second yellow and been kicked out in my opinion) D'Akol played very well in the minutes he was in and showed signs of maxitikotita. This kid (as well as fillipakos who also played as a sub today) were both on AEK last year and Bagevits brought them along to your team. Whatever people may say about Duscan one thing that you can not deny him is his eye for young talented players.

what a rubbish cliche!!

Wen did bajevic last bring ot yougn talent??

Let me help you. Tsiartas, Kasapis and then Guanna and Tzole. Okkas. AEK fans knmow it, POAKS fans know it, Bajevis is a gutless ostrich whnen it comes to takin risks for young plyers these days.

first of all just look at the kormo of Olympiakos' team! Which of those players are not Bajevic's poulen? Mavrogenidi, Georgato, Tzole, Venetidis, Kafes, Castillo, Okkas are all his guys! Ligoi einai aftoi? The same with AEK a couple years back: Kasapi, Borboki, Tsarta, Dimitriadi, ! The same with PAOK a couple years back! Bajevic always got cheap up & coming players and made the very good players!

Bajevic has an eye for talent! Not only young Greek players! Gogic, Ketspagia, Savevski, Batista, Sampanatzovic, etc...

A coach can take risks with young players only when he is backed by the dioikisi and the fans... and the last years on AEK and the gavro he has never had the stiriksi he had his first years on those teams!!!

Bajevic is the best coach in Greece, even though i truly admire Fernando for what he is doing w/ an AEK team that was almost decimated to non-existence this summer!!! Alla Santos has a lot of years ahead of him in order to reach Bajevic!!!

Guest Protathlitis

Don't worry re. a couple of aniparkta offside or aniparkto (like last sunday) penalty will see you through...easily 

stop bitching if you are claiming that that wasnt a penalty then you are in the head :huh:

Were are on a pretty bad run of form right now, I good transfer could snap us out of it.

i like the idea of our young players playing in all

but i would like it better if we had gotten a more positive result

especially a goal

i mean losing 2-1 is alot better than 1-0 b/c of the away goals factor

I mean thats how we got past Kallithea the away goals rule

but again i am sure the second leg at Karaiskaki Olympiakos will put out a full team

but we also need to start playing better

i mean u can see how one event at Nea Smyrni has just weakend the club dramtically

hopefully they fix this

lets go Olympiakos#1

Archived