Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

Most of the bars around my various family members' towns don't even have multiple TVs - they use one large projector to play the games. No need to even try funny business with that.

The (small) benefit to PAOK would be that they could lean into that to claim more eyeballs for potential advertisers. Since the first game at least worked, I wouldn't be too surprised if there was one or two additional sponsors jumping on these two games as well. Still, we're talking chump change.

41 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

And this is the major weakness for this type of distribution. Technically it is very weak and easily hacked. The piracy will be rampant and there is really not much  PAOK can do about it. I hear Sportzone and Aklauti among others had no problems streaming the game. Even after people reported them to PAE PAOK they continued streaming. Some shady IPTV services also showed the game.

The other problem are cafeterias and sports bars. With a single $ 4.99 purchase they can distribute the signal to multiple screens and reap the profits from coffee and alcohol sales. Apparently PAE PAOK hired a company to combat the piracy problem, but unless this company send investigators to every bar, there is not much that can be done.

Its the future anyway, every team will probably stream through the internet in the future. So Paok is definitely giving it self a head start figuring these problems now rather then the future.

Paok probably has over a million fans globally, if all tune into Paoks online TV then that is a huge amount of money. Paok could atleast earn 4.99 million Euro for a shitty Panionios game, without  ad revenue. Its more then ERT or anyone would ever pay in Greece. Now imagine a scenario where Paok plays against  global team like Bayern, Barcelona, Liverpool where the only way to watch the game is through PAOK's website.  A single match against the big brand  global teams would pour more money then half of whatever Olympiacos will earn this season in champions league, and at best case scenario it would give Paok more money after a single match that Olympiacos could earn through all its champions league campaign. 

This online Paok tv push would have happened sooner or later. 

Edited by Nilaul

The TV push SHOULD be happening and they are 100% right to do it now. Hell, they should have done it a few years ago.

On a related note - what do you want to bet that at some point, Bayern or Liverpool will insist on more than their fair share of our home game revenue? UEFA is going to support them on this. Time to draw some battle lines.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, Blackhawk said:

35,000 people paid for the 2-game package and another 15,000 just for the Slovan game.

Not horrible, but still not good. I expected more. And unfortunately, the awful elimination isn't going to help...

What about the Panionios game?

52 minutes ago, Yiankos said:

Not horrible, but still not good. I expected more. And unfortunately, the awful elimination isn't going to help...

What about the Panionios gam

I bet a large amount of fans want a subscription. I haven't brought a single game due to there being no yearly package 

10 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

I pay every game no issue, don't get your point Nilaul

Its juat lazyness to be fair and also games vs no-bodypteams aint that attractive, so thats why a package of lets say 80 euros would be better.

Theres no issue i just image that more fans would rather have to pay everything upfront then pay per game.

Πίστεψα ότι σε αυτή την δύσκολη φάση που η ομάδα δέχεται οργανωμένο πόλεμο από Ολυμπιακό και ΝΔ, ο λαός του ΠΑΟΚ θα ήταν στις επάλξεις.

This was not just for the 5 euros. This could be a massive weapon in Savvidis' hands. By giving 5 euros you might help team get millions. I thought PAOK fans would realize that.

Anyway, what is done is done.

I guess I have to accept PAOK fans who think as I do are 28,000 (in the stadium) plus 45,000 in the entire world that did purchase the pay per view. Total 73,000. I just need time...

There are several reasons why the numbers were not higher:

I believe a lot of elderly PAOK fans don't want to bother with the new technologies and at least in Greece just go and see the game in a kafenio, where they either a hacked stream, or just use one subscription to show the game on 10 screens. Unfortunately I don't see how they could technically accomplish charging higher price for restaurants and bars as opposed to a residential subscription. 

Another reason is the ease of finding illegal streams on the internet. Unfortunately I thing there are quite a few PAOK fans that used these streams as opposed to paying the 5 Euro. Also I don't see a lot of non-PAOK fans subscribing to PAOK TV because they don't want to support the team that they hate. For example in  two weeks we will play Aris at home. I don't see many fans of Aris shelling out money to PAOK TV. They will go for the hacked streams to watch the game. 

I tend to believe what pash said. I did not expect bigger numbers than what we got. Maybe with the derbies we can get up to 75,000 subscriptions per game, but I doubt it. Since we did not do that with the Slovan game, I don't see us doing in the derbies either.

I think the test period for the PAOK TV is over and PAE PAOK needs to make a decision right now if they will continue this project or not. By the time we play Aris I think we will know. 

Emeis kaname to kathikon mas. The fact that we are just about 20 guys (Linda only said hi) that care about our club and write/talk about PAOK might say enough. We are just 0,00001% of 2,000,000 PAOK-tzides (a guess, but I think am close to the exact figure) around the globe. 73 K is 0,0365%. Where are the other 99,9635% ? 

Maybe this is a sign that a new stadium - if ever - should not have a capacity of 40K. Our stadium should be always filled for 95%. It is a guarantee for some extra points.

That's pretty good numbers already, either-way we probably gonna get more money out of that then the new ert deal.

Like I said this needs a season ticket to fully set off. As soon as thats done, I'm imagine subs will rocket. I bet a lot of people are holding out due to either laziness or thinking their going to get some sort of deal (as in it would be slightly cheaper to buy a season ticket then to pay for every single game). People ain't exactly made of gold. Also are the tv app/andrioid/ios app even ready yet?

The issue of multiple people using one account can be easily solved, just limit the streams, its easy. The technology is available for this. Have a 5 euro per  single stream hard limit ( or two 2 streams top) , and that's it. Have a more expensive package for buinsess where you can limit the stream by going elsewhere by using the IP's location.

Most important to remember this is a product. Team plays unattractive football less people will be inclined to pay (thats also meaning opponents fans).  Also some sort of pregame content, and other  post could also help to make it more attractive in general.  Maybe also stream the Youth games on it? Or perhaps have some live streams of trainings? Just shooting ideas here. Theres a lot that could be done in general. Perhaps if this becomes more popular you can expand this to more sports too.

Edited by Nilaul

2 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Emeis kaname to kathikon mas. The fact that we are just about 20 guys (Linda only said hi) that care about our club and write/talk about PAOK might say enough. We are just 0,00001% of 2,000,000 PAOK-tzides (a guess, but I think am close to the exact figure) around the globe. 73 K is 0,0365%. Where are the other 99,9635% ? 

Maybe this is a sign that a new stadium - if ever - should not have a capacity of 40K. Our stadium should be always filled for 95%. It is a guarantee for some extra points.

That number could be higher globally,  but what you dont' take into account are the amount of fans that go watch Paoks match in a bar no matter what, what you don't take account are friends, who always watch games at their friends, what you don't take into account are Paok families who most likely will share a TV. Its not everybody duty to pay for this, certainly not a 10 year old kids or a 80 year old grandpa. Its not their duty to go change their watching habbits or pay for something just for the hell of it.

So how many unique streams can you possibly get at most? 100,000 youtube averaged for crappy  summer friendlies, If youtube streamed a hyped game, how many pure paok fans would stream it?