Phantis Forums

PAO-Hajduk

Lalin

Final result 3-0, even though we played without 13 players (Halkias, Goumas, Basinas, Dimi, Michalaki, Morris, Skacel, Epale. Bykowski, Manoli, Zuta, Lucian. Raguel)

It was a very good performance given the fact that we played the Croat champions with so many players missing. Our home fans were pleased.

Top players were the usual suspect Equi (scored the 2nd), Pantelis (looks improved this year), Maric (would you believe that ??? with 1 goal , 1 assist), Andric and Sapanis.

This team will kick ass this year. That is my gut feeling!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

I am not even concerned with the domestic title as we will get that fairly easily. I also believe that we will make 2nd round in the CL.

Are u kidding me?????????????

U beat the croatian champions

big accomplishment lol

granted u were missing alot of players due to national team requirments

i also wonder how many players the Croatian team was missing too??

but that not the point

its a friendly game don't act like u have won the title

to also say your not worried about the title that u think u will win the double

i mean last season u won the title in the first time in 8 years u would think u have won it 7 seasons in a row (which Olympiakos did).

very arrogant and ignorant at the same time and shows no respect for the league and especially my team

Remember u lost 3 key players from last season nikopolidis, fyssas, and seitards.

Olympiakos has improved too and they were only 2 points out of the title.

and i am also telling u rite now u ain't winning the Greek championship this years its coming back to its home Olympiakos

Our depth is ridiculous, I agree. Especially on midfield. We got 2 players on each position. At least. Munch, Pantelis (lamoio, right pappou?), Sapanis, Skacel, Mitu, Epalle, Lucian, Basinas, Andric, Zuta, Equi, Maric.

Even in Goalkeeping with Halkias and Super Mario, and defence with Vyntra, Goumas, Kyrgiakos, Rene, Kotsios, Morris, Raquel (he sucks anyway)

It is disgustingly deep :D :D :D We love it. I cannot understand why a lot of guys in here critisice the Vardi family. We have to realise times are tough and all teams cut down on expenses (except Real and Abramovich). According to Zaec, we cut down our budget by 25% compared to 3 years ago. To do that and assemble a team like this, with virtually unknowns yet very talented takes good scouting. I believe that Zaec has proven that he has eye for talent.

big accomplishment lol

but that not the point

i mean last season u won the title in the first time in 8 years u would think u have won it 7 seasons in a row (which Olympiakos did).

very arrogant and ignorant at the same time and shows no respect for the league and especially my team

Remember u lost 3 key players from last season nikopolidis, fyssas, and seitards.

and i am also telling u rite now u ain't winning the Greek championship this years its coming back to its home Olympiakos

It is not only this game. We have played well in most of the friendlies. Especially against Porto and Portsmouth. What impresses me is that we can put out our 2nd stringers and they would still win most domestic games.

I have respect for Oly. To beat you guys, we have to put up our first team. Then we will beat you 8 times out of 10.

Last year we almost choked in the final matches. It was understandable , considering the pressure of not having won a title in 7 years. This year we will come out more comfortable and more confident.

I am not ignorant. I just believe in the strengths of this team. It might not have the star power of Oly, but it is more of a team plus it has less risks than your team. You guys are taking risks with :

1) Okkas (dousan played him out of position last year. Will he adjust?)

2) Rivaldo (will he be able to perform and gel with the others)

3) Aging defence (will Surer and Anatolakis keep up with pacey forwards?)

4) Will Georgatos and Dousan kiss and make up?

5) Will Djordevic find the form to dominate the way he did in the past?

6) Will Nikopolidis show the same stability when not having the insurance of a fortress defence that PAO and the National team gave him til now?

7) Who will pressure and mark up front?

8) Will you finally have abreakout year in CL and at what cost domestically?

If you guys find solutions to these questions, then the title race is a 50-50 case. However I cannot see that happening. Time will tell though. Good luck anyway.

big accomplishment lol

but that not the point

i mean last season u won the title in the first <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> in 8 years u would think u have won it 7 seasons in a row (which Olympiakos did).

very arrogant and ignorant at the same <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> and shows no respect for the league and especially my team

and i am also telling u rite now u ain't winning the Greek championship this years its coming back to its <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56">home</a> Olympiakos

It is not only this game. We have played well in most of the friendlies. Especially against Porto and Portsmouth. What impresses me is that we can put out our 2nd stringers and they would still win most domestic <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=games&v=56">games</a>.

I have respect for Oly. To beat you guys, we have to put up our first team. Then we will beat you 8 times out of 10.

Last year we almost choked in the final matches. It was understandable , considering the pressure of not having won a title in 7 years. This year we will come out more comfortable and more confident.

I am not ignorant. I just believe in the strengths of this team. It might not have the star power of Oly, but it is more of a team plus it has less risks than your team. You guys are taking risks with :

1) Okkas (dousan played him out of position last year. Will he adjust?)

2) Rivaldo (will he be able to perform and gel with the others)

3) Aging defence (will Surer and Anatolakis keep up with pacey forwards?)

4) Will Georgatos and Dousan kiss and make up?

5) Will Djordevic find the form to dominate the way he did in the past?

6) Will Nikopolidis show the same stability when not having the <A TITLE="Click for more information about insurance" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||insurance|AA1VDw">insurance</A> of a fortress defence that PAO and the National team gave him til now?

7) Who will pressure and mark up front?

If you guys find solutions to these questions, then the title race is a 50-50 case. However I cannot see that happening. <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Time&v=56">Time</a> will tell though. Good luck anyway.

) Okkas (dousan played him out of position last year. Will he adjust?) ---yes

2) Rivaldo (will he be able to perform and gel with the others)---- definetely

3) Aging defence (will Surer and Anatolakis keep up with pacey forwards?)---questionable

4) Will Georgatos and Dousan kiss and make up?---yes

5) Will Djordevic find the form to dominate the way he did in the past?---- questionable

6) Will Nikopolidis show the same stability when not having the insurance of a fortress defence that PAO and the National team gave him til now?

what fortress of last year 13 golas in 5 games?

) Who will pressure and mark up front? many guys

the greek league... its our C.L time will tell on paper we have a better team then a year ago

PS: 8 times ouf of 10.... i dont think so. u beat us 1 out of 3 last year and 1 tie was also questionable when we were left with 10 men. dont get ahead of yourself

the greek title is coming back to the rightful owners!

please dont think that beating the craotian champs will bring u glory b ecause come december well see where this glory will be !

slow down guyz! do not decide anything on friendlies... i agree that PAO has a very very deep squad but having 5 inadequate players for 1 position may cause serious trouble (check out Besiktas this season) and hope that i'm wrong.

as a PAO supporter in Katigoria, i would love to see PAO crush Oly but i have a weird feeling that it's %51-49 Oly... hope i'm wrong!

FORZA PAO :nw: ...

what fortress of last year 13 golas in 5 games?

) Who will pressure and mark up front? many guys

PS: 8 times ouf of 10.... i dont think so. u beat us 1 out of 3 last year and 1 tie was also questionable when we were left with 10 men. dont get ahead of yourself

the greek title is coming back to the rightful owners!

please dont think that beating the craotian champs will bring u glory b ecause come december well see where this glory will be !

My oint exactly. Remember the Man U 0-5 last year? Nikopolidis was terrible because the defence was not solid. But even you have to agree that PAO has reached European succes due to a rock solid defence, or rather a eock solid defensive mentality, a metality that Rehhagel adopted for the National team last summer. Remember this: A good goalie can look bad if his defence does not boost his confidence to do the extra little things. I know, I was a goalie for 11 years.

You claim that many guys will mark up front. With Rivaldo, Giovanni, Djole and Georgiadis up front I doubt it.

By saying 8 out of 10 I mean my belief for the current team. That is an assumption, nit a fact.

Come december you will be at the top? No problem , you were there last december as well. But come may, you were second. That is what matters.

You believe in your team as I in mine. That is what makes the sport so interesting. It will be fun. ;) ;)

My impression on last night match...

1st Lalin are you kiddin me? How can you say the Lamoio was impresive? The guy was all alone (after the great passing of Eki) and he didn't know what to do with the ball!!! I am thinking of sending him a death-threat letter!!! :P

Eki was great I think with great passing skills. However I thing that he plays too much up front. The ideal position for him is to be a little bit further back in the midfield.

Anrdic was Ok but mostly I was impressed by Mitu.... The guy is pretty good and I think he will be in the starting 11 in the right side of the midfield.

Maric showed some good skills and undoubtably he is the one that knows football more than our other Croat players... I hope he is healthy and to have a good season.

Kyriakos was again quite unstable. I still believe that Henriksen is our best defender even now where he is old...

Galinovic, I find him much better than Halkias! I don't know about you but I think he is a good transfer...

Apart from that you can't really say anything else on yesturdays game. Tactics we played with NO striker in the second half and everyone seemed to be running around to whichever position they wanted.

I think more friendlies are needed before our match with Rosenborg so that the starting squad can have a number of games in their feet. But time is running out and I think that the Rosenborg game will be the first one that our starting 11 will play together....(With Schum's bullshit over the summer friendliew where he had Lamoio and Kourada in the squad non-stop!!!) :angry:

1st Lalin are you kiddin me? How can you say the Lamoio was impresive? The guy was all alone (after the great passing of Eki) and he didn't know what to do with the ball!!! I am thinking of sending him a death-threat letter!!! :P

Pappou, I like you and your opinions a lot but sometimes you are a little karagiozis (me tin kali enoia ;) ;) )

I never wrote he was impressive. I wrote he seems improved this year compared to the last two seasons where his contribution was minimal.

You are right about Mitu. I was sceptic about him in the first couple of friendlies. He seems to find his way more and more each game. I think he will be in the starting lineup as well.

Lamoio wont , so you can sleep easily. I do see him coming on as a sub though. As will kourada. My kourada (Demba) hopefully will be sent on loan to OFI.

Pappou, I like you and your opinions a lot but sometimes you are a little karagiozis (me tin kali enoia  ;)  ;) )

I never wrote he was impressive. I wrote he seems improved this year compared to the last two seasons where his contribution was minimal.

You are right about Mitu. I was sceptic about him in the first couple of friendlies. He seems to find his way more and more each game. I think he will be in the starting lineup as well.

Lamoio wont , so you can sleep easily. I do see him coming on as a sub though. As will kourada. My kourada (Demba) hopefully will be sent on loan to OFI.

You are right about Debah... I hope that both kourades and Lamoio are sent to OFI on a loan!!! However, I don't think that OFI wants them and that is the problem!!! :angry:

P.S. Is there a 'Kalh' ennoia to this word? :huh:

P.S. Is there a 'Kalh' ennoia to this word? :huh:

Absolutely,

it means you always put a smile on my face with your comments. They are very spot on. On this comment I meant you misunderstood "improved" with "impressive".

By the way , I am coming to Athens in February. Can you hook me up with tickets ? Stous episimous? I also want to visit Paiania and the players. Is that possible?

Absolutely,

it means you always put a smile on my face with your comments. They are very spot on. On this comment I meant you misunderstood "improved" with "impressive".

By the way , I am coming to Athens in February. Can you hook me up with tickets ? Stous episimous? I also want to visit Paiania and the players. Is that possible?

I will definetly hook you up, I will get you a seat near Kapetanios!!!! :P

Lets hope that we are still going to bein the CL so that you can watch a match against a descent opponent and not with the Greek abalo-teams like Thrynos and AEK!!! :P

Actually, I looked up the schedule and apparently we play Kerkyra in Leoforos. Not the best of matches, but what can I do? We only have one religion. I am bringing my fiancée over. She is Swedish , but already knows what PAO means and that Oly suck ass.

What about Paiania? Is it possible to visit? Have you been there?

I have been you can visit any time, but I am not sure if you will manage to find out when a PAO training is taking place. But is good for you to visit to actually see the accomondations there... They are very impressive...

As far as Kerkyra game is concerned, there won't be any problems finding tickets next to the VIP's....

P.S. Tell your fiance to bring a Sweedish friend of her's along.... :P

You know I think your onto something here. For 7 years the demand for a title was so great that we always got to the final hurdle and faulted. Now we have a different climate around PAO as we will be defending champions, and we have less of a burden on our shoulders.

And Olympiakos will be under the burden of regaining the title that they have become accustomed to all to well for 7 years.

And I actually would have to agree to a certain extent with the Gauroi in this topic - it was a friendly, please lets not get ahead of ourselves. It wont be easy but definately within our capabilities.

Its shaping up to be a mad season! Cant wait!

I was at the game against croats and they these boys play the same as they did on the night, they will have a good run this year in champions league.

They were brilliant and entertained the crowd on the night. I think shoun has got it right with the teams pre season preparation. Where talking about pao second team , half of them were with their national teams for world cup qualifiers.

Archived