slick13

olympiakos going the wrong step?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. olympiakos going the wrong step?

• no this is the way
    • yeah next season they will sign my granddad
    • they can not get younger good foreign talent
    • i dont care

I think Olympiakos is taking the right step to sucess. The reason being Rivaldo is only two years removed from a great world cup run and he is still 32 which means u still posseses the talents that made him great. It all about his mind set at this point and i think he is hunger b/c he hasn't really played since then and wants to make an impact again. If things go well this will only make Greek football stronger attracting more talented foreign players to play in Greece. As for the Nikopolidis signing is tremdous i mean he played very well at the Euro's is at age 33 but at goal keeper thats not bad. His experience makes up from some of his diminish talents. The Argentian defender is really the key b/c thats where my worry lies most, that is really my only question mark. As for the Okkas signing its a great deal he is 27 at his prime and i think he will flourish. The rest of the signings were young player that have potential some for this year some for the years to come. this is wut i think

I think Olympiakos is taking the right step to sucess.  The reason being Rivaldo is only two years removed from a great world cup run and he is still 32 which means u still posseses the talents that made him great.  It all about his mind set at this point and i think he is hunger b/c he hasn't really played since then and wants to make an impact again.  If things go well this will only make Greek football stronger attracting more talented foreign players to play in Greece.  As for the Nikopolidis signing is tremdous i mean he played very well at the Euro's is at age 33 but at goal keeper thats not bad.  His experience makes up from some of his diminish talents.  The Argentian defender is really the key b/c thats where my worry lies most, that is really my only question mark.  As for the Okkas signing its a great deal he is 27 at his prime and i think he will flourish. The rest of the signings were young player that have potential some for this year some for the years to come.  this is wut i think

wait...27 is prime for okkas?? not now-a-days..he passed fhis prime..it was when he was at paok...the lack of knowledge at football in this section is incredible...i mean, everyone gets caught up in their own club, but put some football intellegence into your posts...

wait...27 is prime for okkas?? not now-a-days..he passed fhis prime..it was when he was at paok...the lack of knowledge at football in this section is incredible...i mean, everyone gets caught up in their own club, but put some football intellegence into your posts...

couldnt agree with you more...

okkas isnt finished. thats ridiculous.

every striker has an off season - even when theyre young or in prime age.

look at Raul- he was pitiful this year

Lybe- had a crappy season with PAO then the next was leading scorer

Owen- been in one for like 2-3 years :lol:

Konstantinou had one

Charisteas this year was lousy for Bremen...

Okkas had one last year

charisteas was not lousy...he rarely played, but when the coach put him in he scored....im not saying a player is past his prime at 27, im saying OKKAS is past his best football...read my post so you copuld know "WTF" im talking about...

wait...27 is prime for okkas?? not now-a-days..he passed fhis prime..it was when he was at paok

My reading comprehension is fine file, thanks. I'am also talking about OKKAS. I can see how someone can say Rivaldo is passed his prime, as he is already 32 and hasnt played football in some seasons. But in the football of today, it doesnt mean much. Shall I point at Giovanni and this past season? Look at our ETHNIKARA and the median age. Obviously, just because Okkas didnt put together a decent season doesnt mean we wont be seeing him playing the way he did a few years back.

My reading comprehension is fine file, thanks. I'am also talking about OKKAS. I can see how someone can say Rivaldo is passed his prime, as he is already 32 and hasnt played football in some seasons. But in the football of today, it doesnt mean much. Shall I point at Giovanni and this past season? Look at our ETHNIKARA and the median age. Obviously, just because Okkas didnt put together a decent season doesnt mean we wont be seeing him playing the way he did a few years back.

just read the post

"27 IS PRIME FOR OKKAS""HE PASSED HIS PRIME"

• 2 weeks later...

Okkas had a terrible season cuz he wasn't actually played in his own position in AEK. But you seem to forget a critical thing my dear Olympiakos fans. Baievic coached AEK last year and he was the man who placed Okkas out of his position. So when you consider that there's a fast Castillo, leader Giovanni and a somewhat helpful Rivaldo, i see no place for that little man from Cyprus. His only chance is the departure of Houtos, but i don't think he will make the cut into the team.

The one & only great signing that Olympiakos made this season is Francisco Schurrer. He played a big big role in Sociedad's drive for La Liga two seasons ago and was probably the most consistent player along with Nihat. And Olympiakos needed smo to help a future-sparkling Vallas with his ability and experience. Schurrer could well be the perfect answer... He's way better than Anatolakos anyway!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Okkas had a terrible season cuz he wasn't actually played in his own position in AEK. But you seem to forget a critical thing my dear Olympiakos fans. Baievic coached AEK last year and he was the man who placed Okkas out of his position. So when you consider that there's a fast Castillo, leader Giovanni and a somewhat helpful Rivaldo, i see no place for that little man from Cyprus. His only chance is the departure of Houtos, but i don't think he will make the cut into the team.

The one & only great signing that Olympiakos made this season is Francisco Schurrer. He played a big big role in Sociedad's drive for La Liga two seasons ago and was probably the most consistent player along with Nihat. And Olympiakos needed smo to help a future-sparkling Vallas with his ability and experience. Schurrer could well be the perfect answer... He's way better than Anatolakos anyway!!!

every single team in europe has a better defender than anatolakis :P

Archived