Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R10: Aris - PAOK (19.05.24 - 20:00 EEST)

23k watching the livestream. Probably another, what, 30k in the stadium? Wonder what the final numbers will be like

4 minutes ago, pash said:

23k watching the livestream. Probably another, what, 30k in the stadium? Wonder what the final numbers will be like

And a few thousands at the Lefko Pirgo.

This championship is one to savour.  Given the pessimism at the beginning of the season due to our chaotic transfer period (is it ever not chaotic) and all of the predictions of we'll finish 4th, I'll take it.

I won't get into comparisons with the 2018/19 team as the two squads did the job in different ways.  We peaked at the right time (well not so much at the beginning of the play offs), winning 4 derbies to finish and overall I think we were probably the most consistent team this season.

I'm happy for some players in the squad, especially Vierinha and Schwab who may not be with us next season.  Schwab  has given his all and has been a very good player for us and has stepped up on many occasions to lift the team.

Time to celebrate this most unexpected championship.

Unexpected my ass, I honestly thought we'd win it from the beginning ?

This is going to be one to savor for a while. It really should not have gone down to the last game; we made this harder on ourselves than we should have. I really hope Lucescu doesn't suddenly get an unbelievable offer that makes him leave again. The team can definitely plug the holes that exist, replace some expiring contracts, and be even better next year.

Also - what a job by Lucescu. He dragged them kicking and screaming to one of the most impressive seasons the club has ever had, with a team that was weirdly flawed from the beginning.

• Like it 1

Here's a vid from the tower, by our friends at PAOK Today. Because Greece is a third world country, it was filmed using a potato.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pash said:

I need to take a walk because I'm falling apart right now. Should not have had all that coffee. WHY DOES MY HEART BEAT TO THE RHYTHM OF A PAOK CHANT?? IS THIS NATURAL??

yes

What a night! Not only did we win it, but we did it in OARIS' backyard as well.

This really is for everyone, the players, us, Savvidis and most of all Lucescu. Now let's finally qualify and play Champions League football.

I can't believe it, this doesn't feel real.... Considering where we were a month ago I could not have dreamed that we would win 4 derbies in a row to win the league. Congrats to the team, all the players, Savvidis, and especially the greatest coach in our history RAZVAN LUCESCU! 

In terms of where it ranks, I maybe a prisoner of the moment but I think this one slightly trumps 18-19. Obviously that one was brilliant, drought breaking and undefeated was really special. But this seasons league had all 4 teams go deep into the title race. All 4 where in the race up to their eyeballs with just 3-4 games to play. 

Both are amazing but I still can't believe that we've managed to do it........ PAOKARA EXW TRELAAAAAA MES STO MUALOOOOOOOOOOO

Apparently Melissanidis promised Aris players/coaches up to 100K if they got a result against us that would give AEK the title. He was in Thessaloniki the day before the game dining with Karypidis in a popular restaurant.

• Haha 1