Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2024

pash

It's entirely because of the name, right?

So for the other Russian guy, we know he's going to be a free agent, so no money goes to Lokomotiv. What happens with this guy? We can't exactly wire money out to Rostov. Would this be a forced loan of some sort?

Also - do we really need another left-footed right winger? That would make three.

Camara agreed to a 3-year deal at 1.2 mil per year and a signing bonus of 1.2 mil, so basically it comes out to 1.6 mil per season. He will be coming to Thessaloniki to undergo medical tests and sign the contract in few days.

It other transfer news, Thymianis passed the medical tests and will sign 3-year deal with PAOK.

PAOK is giving Kedziora few days to work things out with Dynamo Kiev before making a final decision about him.

We also gave Meite a deadline to accept or turn down our offer. I think Meite is looking around to find something better than what we are offering.

From Saudi Arabia, from what I saw online. I don't blame him, but hopefully it doesn't become a big issue.

Lots of other names out there too. This is one I am most interested in for now, since we've been without a full-time LW for a long time:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chidera-ejuke/profil/spieler/500067

I'm surprised we signed Camara.  I really didn't think it was going to happen.  By all accounts he's a good player.  Whether he's worth his salary, time will tell.

As for Vierinha, I think there's still some value in having him for another year.  The value is in his leadership in the club room much more so than on the pitch.

I asked a coworker who spends a lot more time watching Spanish teams than me: "yeah he blows ass."

However, the numbers don't lie here. Both his solid scoring rate, and his age....

Personally, I would not attempt to sign him. I think we can get someone who's younger. It does seem that if this is Lucescu's pick, that he is possibly giving up on the Prijovic "style" (which has now failed with both Oliveira and Samatta). Braithwaite definitely is more dynamic.

I'm more concerned with how we'll be getting rid of Samatta and Nasberg, really.

Edited by pash
  • Like it 1

On 6/13/2024 at 2:06 PM, pash said:

Lots of other names out there too. This is one I am most interested in for now, since we've been without a full-time LW for a long time:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chidera-ejuke/profil/spieler/500067

Ejuke signing with Sevilla.

Marcel Hartel to sign with an MLS team.

Thymianis has been announced:

thymianis-welcome-feat1.jpg

Good luck to the guy, hopefully he blows us all away.

-edit- forgot to include the video:

Edited by pash

21 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Anyonr else heard that we have signed Fabiano from aris on a free transfer? 

That rumor has been around for at least 6 months now. Don't know how true it is. His contract with Aris expired, so it just might be some fake news being propagated by media that have nothing else to write about. I could see it happening if we are able to get rid of Nasberg and Ekong.

He was given an offer, and (allegedly) a deadline of Tuesday to respond. He apparently is holding out for a bigger deal from the Saudis. Basically a Camara repeat. Saw one of the sites claim that this happened before we took him on loan last year as well, before he finally agreed to join us.