Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2024

pash

For us, sell to the highest bidder. Kid is a talent and has the ability to play in a top 5 league for 10 years if he wants it. Remember he is still only 20. He is having a good season for a club that is competing for a league title and is having a good run in Europe. 20 million should be attainable, can't see the club letting him go for 15 but I might be wrong.  

For the player himself, England now isn't the right move IMO. I think history has shown in order to succeed in England, Greek players need to go a little later in their career when they are more mature as players.

Obviously every individual case is different, but if I was Konstantelias I'd be pushing for a move to either Germany or Italy first up. Develop there for a few more years and then take the step to the EPL as a more seasoned professional. 

In saying all that I think he should stay until the end of the season and move on in the summer(if he is to be sold). He is a key part of the team and as mentioned, we are in the mix for plenty of trophies as it stands. 

Edited by paokarag4

Vrakas on a free transfer to Atromitos with a 50% resale clause.

What happened with this kid? A debut at the age of 16 in an official match for us, went to Italy as a prospect. 

Came back. Loaned. And now this....

Was this the same kid Lucescu wanted to turn into a fullback? Or was that one of the other fifteen attacking midfielders we've mismanaged?

Re: Konstantelias - I guarantee you we'll see 10 million at most for him. Just you wait.

If it's up to the club I don't think they would sell for anything under 15 or even 20.  The money would be nice but we don't need to sell.  The only way Konstantelias gets sold for 10 is if he does a Tzolis and forces the clubs hand.  Which of course is possible but we're not there ... yet.

As for actually being able to play in the EPL, I think he would get smashed there.  I could be wrong but I think it's just much too physical for him.  It would be a risky move and I think unwise.  Honestly, I think the smart play for him is too see out the season and just keep getting first team minutes under his belt.  He has plenty of time on his side.

These clubs in the EPL have so much money.  If they buy a player and it doesn't work out and fairly quickly, they are more than prepared to push them to the side and all of a sudden you're being loaned out and things go down from there.  Where ever he goes, if he is smart, he'll go somewhere where he gets lots of first team football.

Edited by Bananas

Posted (edited)

Agreed with the banana hammock on the physicality - he'd get crushed. Germany is also a more physical league, but probably would be an easier place to acclimate to.

To our podcaster - I hope you're right, but our club's history is one of constant disappointment. Expect the worst and hope for the best, I always say!

-edit- By the way, Lyratzis might go to either Asteras Tripolis or (not surprisingly) Panserraikos. Hell yeah, get some real play time my boy!

Edited by pash

Yeah seems like a strange one, don't think we are in desperate need of another winger atm. Right-back probably a more pressing concern, I'd personally be after a center back too. 

All the noise around is that we weren't going to sign anyone for depth, it would only be a difference maker coming in. Lucescu is generally happy with the state of our squad and seems to trust most of the players.

So interesting to see how it plays out with Kaschuk, given his CV doesn't scream someone who is going to come in and displace one of our current attacking mids/wingers. 

I agree that we don't need more depth, really. Especially at right back. We need someone who is at least as good as Rahman. By the way, the Rosier rumors are picking up again (Turks are claiming we might take him on loan this time). I liked what I saw of his highlights, might be just what we need...

And yeah agreed that Kaschuk seems more like a prospect than someone who will actually compete to start. But again, why? Unless, perhaps, they want to move on from Murg next season and and to give this guy the chance to get over the "Lucescu flu" (where a player takes like half a season to get used to playing for him).

If our Austrian friend is right that they aren't signing someone for the sake of depth, then it probably means negotiations for the impactful player hasn't gone well...

Rosier to head back to France, it seems: https://inpaok.com/804913/symfonia-besiktas-me-nis-gia-rozie-pic/

(a shame)

Marcos Antonio may be heading to Flamengo after his loan here is up. Interestingly enough, I thought our buy-out was for 8mm, not the 6mm that is quoted here. Honestly, I can't imagine that we'd spend even that six million to get him permanently.  https://inpaok.com/804916/thelei-ton-markos-antonio-i-flamengko/

-edit- and another late breaking bit of news, for a winger in the B team: https://inpaok.com/804952/pros-legkia-o-minas-vasileiadis/ (we could do worse than making some money off Legia imo)

Edited by pash

Lyratzis likely off to Asteras Tripolis, after he rides the bench one more time vs Panserraikos. Hopefully he comes back with a ton of minutes under his belt.

This means that we have found a RB that will be announced most likely after the Serres game.

In other transfer news we signed Estonian striker Alexander Sapovalov to play or the 'B' team.

This fella popped up a few weeks (or months?) ago and then dropped off. Looks like the team has acquired the player on a 2.5 year contract. PAOK B now has seven goalkeepers on the roster, though Talichmanidis pulls double duty and I think one of the other guys is about to be sold. Seems like too many either way.

https://inpaok.com/805346/episima-ston-paok-o-nanter/

The Lyratzis loan (until June 30, 2024) to Tripoli is official as both PAE Tripoli and PAE PAOK made the announcements. Apparently there is a buyout option as part of the loan deal.

Saw a rumor that we were making a move for Jonny Otto, who apparently is "in the pits" with management at Wolves. I very, very much doubt we could afford him (either salary or transfer fee). But perhaps a loan? He's also rumored to be reuniting with Celta de Vigo (his original club), which I find to be a MUCH more likely move. I'm embarrassed to even be reporting this!

https://www.transfermarkt.us/jonny-otto/profil/spieler/175446

Don't be embarrassed beautiful boy, it's being widely reported that we are into him. It does seem tough to get done but no doubt we are interested in him and there has been contact between the 2 parties.

I read the only way it gets done is if he becomes a free agent, which seems possible given Wolves want him gone due to a brawl with a coach and teammate which old Jonny had. 

• Haha 1