Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2024

pash

Saw on instagram that this guy's flirtation with us went nowhere, as he just signed a new contract with his club. Funny, because the first I heard of him was in hearing he wasn't available. Have I been living under a rock this past month?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/william/profil/spieler/341710

Don't be surprised if Lucescu ends up with a carbon copy of Matos, come hell or high water.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Transfer News and Rumors - January 2024

Ninua round 2?!

Btw, mods, might not be a bad idea to just combine the transfer threads and pin it, so you can avoid having me create new threads each time. Could do the same for the super league season threads too. I am a master of consolidation!

On 12/17/2023 at 4:25 AM, pash said:

Saw this the other day. Makes no sense. Why would he take a step down? And...why would we entertain this if our other striker is a dud?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0yfIIjttwU/

Assuming there is any truth to this, you would have to think it's only for personal reasons.  That is, he'd be back home in his country.

• Like it 1

I think the CB is more important for next season (I mean, we have like five already right now) - by then, hopefully both Nasberg and Kedziora will be gone. Agreed on right back though. Even if he doesn't get a ton of time this year, we need that position to be settled for next summer's games.

For me, we need a striker more than we need another midfielder. It seems like Meite may be the guy (though maybe that 4mm EUR clause will be too much and we have to buy another)...

Another rumor, though some sites say he really wants to play in a top-five league. Perhaps the team really wants to employ that Japanese-language social media manager again?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/daiki-hashioka/profil/spieler/387191

Naturally, he's also injured. Pretty much what you'd expect with a PAOK transfer.

It's a shame because he seemed to start out strong this year. But we just have way too many midfielders. Unfortunately, he probably won't be missed.

Word has it that Lyratzis will be loaned as well - can't be much of a surprise considering he can't even make the bench.

Also, apparently the Romanians think Lucescu will want one of his countrymen. This feels like your traditional, "this guy shares a homeland so logically will be nepo-babied" nonsense that sports media loves to do. But who knows, maybe the team will surprise me.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/tudor-baluta/profil/spieler/433976

Reports are that Lucescu is about to sign a multi-year contract extension. He's been in Romania for a few days I think, so probably hasn't actually signed. Though our having a game on the third probably means it'll be any day now.

I watched a few of those Rosier highlights. I am liking what I see. Saw some Turkish accounts tweeting about this as well, and from what I could glean via Google Translate, it seems they're willing to let him go because he hasn't gelled with the team. Besiktas spent 4.8 million for him; he might end up our most expensive acquisition yet if they insist on making their money back.

• Like it 1

According to transfermarkt Rosier has been injured since the start of December.  I would be surprised if we paid "full price" for a player that is injured and who is deemed surplus to requirements at Besiktas.  On paper he is much better than what we have but there is always risk signing an injured player and for PAOK at least 4.8 million is quite a bit of cash.

• Like it 2

I missed another rumor from a few days ago:

AEL may be interested in both Giaxis and Ninua. The funny thing is I've seen instagram posts about both the AEL in Greece and the AEL in Cyprus being interested in the duo. This is how you know we're witnessing some hard-hitting journalism!