Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2015-2016)

Blackhawk

We got something out of the appeal process today. EPO gave us back 2 points for cup game punishments. The other parts of the punishments remain unchanged.

The results of the other appeal (for cup games against Kalloni and Panionios) were not announced yet.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 90th birthday will be celebrated by PAOK at the Mousiko Megaro in Thessaloniki tomorrow. It will be televised live on Nova Sport 2 and on the PAE PAOK Youtube channel. scheduled to start at 20:30 Greek Time.

Additional events are planned for later, including a friendly between PAOK and a big European club, as well as an international friendly by the PAOK baskeaball team.

Later in 2016. Most likely in August. Possible clubs are big teams we faced in European competitions in the past (Bayern, Arsenal, Benfica, AC Milan, etc.). At least those are Ivan's plans. They will have to agree to play us first though, before anybody else knows.

EPO usually takes months to make on disciplinary decisions, took only one take to come up with a punishment for PAOK not playing the semifinal game against Olympiakos.

The official punishment as expected is -3 points from the next season's Superleague, and 10,000 Euro fine.

EPO usually takes months to make on disciplinary decisions, took only one take to come up with a punishment for PAOK not playing the semifinal game against Olympiakos.

The official punishment as expected is -3 points from the next season's Superleague, and 10,000 Euro fine.

the punishment for no show is stipulated in the EPO constitution...  no need for legal proceedings  and hearings...

the punishment for no show is stipulated in the EPO constitution...  no need for legal proceedings  and hearings...

That's bullshit. There should have been regular hearing because there could have been many reasons why the team did not show up. The funny thing is how they had the decision ready immediately right the next day. I wish EPO would be this quick in other matters.  :lol:

However this matter is probably not over. According Live Sport newspaper, a "Special Football Prosecutor" (whatever the F*** that is) is looking to see if the team can be prosecuted for the "defamation of the sport" and punished accordingly. The fines apparently are heavy fines, and/or expulsion from all the official competitions. So far this is just a rumor by Live Sport. Not sure who controls this newspaper, so it could just be some media BS.

In any case the team expected the punishment that's in the EPO by-laws (-3 points and fine) and they sacrificed that. Also they did not announce their intentions prior to the game, so now they can claim all kinds of excuses why they did not show up for the game, if EPO and the "Football Prosecutor King" decides to push the matter any further. Also they did not announce their intentions prior to the game, so now they can claim that they missed the plane.

The only issue with the penalty happening in the cup, is that clubs have to go through the qualification first...which means this is potentially a death sentence. In that way, it's (slightly) better to start the regular league with -3 points. Not like we'll win it anyway.

On Wednesday the 4th of May we will play a friendly against Pirin Blagoevgrad of Bulgaria as preparation for the play-offs.

This is the club where Berbatov started his career in the youth.

The game will start at 18:00 GR-time and will be without fans.

• Like it 1

Can we discuss for a minute, if you will, how much of a disorganized bourdello this AEK win makes us look like? 

Look at the timeline of them dropping to Gamma Ethniki, then B' Ethniki and then Back to "Super" League.....  Look at the money we spent, and the fapes we ate.  

Now, let's be realistic....90 times out of 100 Oly smokes AEK in the final, but this was the perfect storm of circumstances needed for AEK to take it and they did. Every time we get an opportunity to take it, we turn around, bend over and take it in a different way altogether.

I swear they built Toumpa on an old Pontio Refugee Massacre site, and the souls of the dead curse us to this day...I mean, how else can you explain the phenomenon that is PAOK.  PAOK is where careers go to die, or take a break.  Like Maartens, who was a stud in AZ comes here to fizzle.  MAduro, hot prospect, nothing here, goes BACK and has the season of his career.  Stoch comes out guns blazing, does nothing for most of the season, then shows life the last 3-4 matches again.  Lucas comes here and is mediocre at best, with glimpses of talent, leaves and is a dominant force in La Liga.... LA MOTHER-FUKIN-LIGA!!!! And has the likes pf Arsenal, Barcelona amongst others knocking on his door.  Noboa...high expectations...zero return on investment.  Necid came to Greece to rehab, and went on and had a decent season if I recall.  Olympiakos signs a the Gypsy's nephew form the periptora down the street, and he's a top 10 scorer....We sign Berbatov and he....well, you know...I don't need to open fresh wounds. Natkho came and delivered.......for 6 moths....and no intention of staying.

Ok... I blabbed on for much longer than I expected.

Have a good day.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 2

Even his son opened his Neanderthal looking mouth and now is backtracking and apologizing to Panionios.  Seriously.  Even though a lot of PAOKtsides get mad at me when I talk s%$#! about the club, it just shows how accustomed they've become to the losers mentality.  

We've crucified Zagoraki, Vryzas, Donis, Aggelo, Salpi and others...they were "cancer".  Well, the cancer is all gone, but we're still dying.  What's the next prognosis?

Oh I forgot.  "Tzabellas is a kolopaido!" ... if 1 kolopaido can ruin your multi million euro club, then you don't deserve to have one.  If 3-4 bromiarides can make "klikes" that take down your operation....then you're dead in the water.

If I let the 19 year old kid that runs the fryers run my business into the ground, what does that say about me as a boss/owner?

For the Americans that get the reference:

68432368.jpg

Edited by BostonThanatos