Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

agree defense and mids have upgraded. 
That night at toumba we had skondra playing left back. Katsourani and Vitor at centre back. 

Lucas/Stoch v Rodrigues/Djalma? 
Lucas is probably the better footballer than all of them, but at the time he wasn't producing what he has over the last 2 seasons. I'd argue our current wingers will cause more damage on the counter. 

Edited by paokarag4

4 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Lucas is probably the better footballer than all of them, but at the time he wasn't producing what he has over the last 2 seasons. I'd argue our current wingers will cause more damage on the counter. 

Lucas wasn't producing, but Stoch was. And from what I recall, he almost single-handedly scored that away goal for the draw.

We already know we'll play the same type of game we did vs Dortmund and Fiorentina away. Hopefully it'll be enough. I do agree that Rodrigues and Campos are by now well-suited to play in such a way.

• 2 weeks later...

Προχθές σκεφτόμουν ακόμη μία φορά πόσο σημαντική είναι η Ευρώπη για να προσελκύσουμε καλούς ποδοσφαιριστές. Νομπόα και Νάτχο ήταν βασικοί και στα δύο παιχνίδια του ΠΑΟΚ με την Ρούμπιν Καζάν το 2011. Σε εκείνον τον τρελό όμιλο όπου τελικά ο ΠΑΟΚ βγήκε 1ος και η Τότεναμ έμεινε απ' έξω.

• Like it 1

On 12 december 2016 at 8:46 PM, Dutch Eagle said:

First game in Toumba February 16th at 22:05 GR.

The return will be played February 23rd at 20:00 GR.

The return might be played on Wednesday 22nd. Schalke has asked UEFA permission for this change. The reason is not clear (to me yet).