Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

I do believe if debt relief can come not joking the return of aris and another decent club we will see a another improvement on transfers next year. 

Obviously the crisis has affected greek football but i do believe we hit the bottom and the rise is coming. 

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Greek league is nowhere near the portoguesse or turkish league but its on par with belgium, czech, polish etc 

you can't put the Polish League in the same category as Belgium or GSL..

Poland has football pedigree..however its domestic league is dreadful....as proven by results over many years...

Here are the lists for the EL:

List A:

Vellidis

Matos

Leovac

Thiam

Charisis

Campos

Malezas

Pereyra

Crespo

Cimirot

Giannoulis

Koulouris

Biseswar

Brkic

Rodrigues

Mistakidis

Shakhov

Tzavellas

Klaus

Korovesis

Varela

Kitsiou

Glykos

Pelkas

Canas

List B:

Deligiannidis

Poungouras

Dimitriadis

Siampanis

Η ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ ανακοινώνει ότι την Τρίτη (06.09) θα ξεκινήσει η προπώληση συγκεκριμένου αριθμού εισιτηρίων του αγώνα ΠΑΟΚ–Φιορεντίνα για την 1η αγωνιστική της φάσης των ομίλων του Europa League, που θα διεξαχθεί την Πέμπτη (15.09, 22:05), μόνο μέσω της επίσημης ιστοσελίδας μας.

Η διάθεση των εισιτηρίων από τα εκδοτήρια του γηπέδου της Τούμπας θα ξεκινήσει τη Δευτέρα (12.09) στις 09.00.

Οι τιμές των εισιτηρίων είναι οι εξής :

inner

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they got sick after playing Qarabag in Azerbaijan in their first game of the group stage of EL. That's what you get when you allow countries that don't belong in Europe to compete in European competitions.

The Liberec players were quarantined until Monday by the local health officials. Their case will be reviewed again on Monday and a decision will be made if the quarantine will continue. From what I read on their web site, the team officials will make every effort for the Europa League game to take place. The health officials forced the team to stop practices and cancelled their league game against Karvina.     

• Like it 1

With yesterday's win, we're at 3.38mm EUR in prize money from the EL.

Breakdown:

2.4mm for qualifying to group stage

500k from market pool

360k from the win

120k from the draw

To reiterate what was written before, making it to the knockout stages will net us another 750k.

• 1 month later...

Standings after yesterday:

Standings:

1. Fiorentina   10
2. Qarabag       7
3. PAOK            4
4. Liberec         1

Remaining game:

Fiorentina - PAOK
Liberec - Qarabag

PAOK - Liberec
Qarabag - Fiorentina

Being the optimist that I am. We win our next two games and Quarabag loses both of theirs and we are through. Even a win and a tie gets us through in this case.

Realistically its out of our hands. Even if we win both games, all Qarabag has to do is win against Liberec and they are through and then they play a friendly against Fiorentina.

I just want to see how Liberec approaches their game against Qarabag. Are they going to go out for a win? Mathematically they still have a chance to qualify, so I would hope they will go for the win.

I think we should go all out for a win against Fiorentina. We almost did it couple years ago. 

• Like it 1

Yeah I know it's over, but regardless Liberec won't just roll over.  Maybe if they were going for the title they might rest players but they are like 10th or something, so for them the "measly" money from the EL is definitely worth going for.  I can see a draw in this game ... and a loss for us in Italy.

• 1 month later...

The draw for the Round of 32 for Europa League will take place on Monday, December 12, 2016 at 13:00 CET.

Here are PAOK's possible opponents:

Tottenham Hotspur  (ENG)
Olympique Lyon (FRA)
FC Copenhagen (DEN)
Besiktas Istanbul  (TUR)
Fenerbahce Istanbul  (TUR)
APOEL Nicosia  (CYP)
AS Saint Etienne  (FRA)
Zenit St. Petersburg  (RUS)
AS Roma  (ITA)
Ajax Amsterdam  (HOL)
Shakhtar Donetsk  (UKR)
Schalke 04  (GER)
AFC Fiorentina  (ITA)  - can't get drawn with them
Sparta Prague  (CZE)
Osmanlispor  (TUR)
Athletic Bilbao (ESP) or KRC Genk (BEL) - will be decided tomorrow

Round of 32 games will  be played on February 16, 2017 (Leg 1) and February 23, 2017 (Leg 2). The first leg will be played at Toumba Stadium.

Θα είχε ενδιαφέρον να κληρωθούμε με τον Άγιαξ - ευκαιρία να πάρουμε το αίμα μας πίσω ή με τον ΑΠΟΕΛ - που έκανε δύο νίκες κόντρα στον Ολυμπιακό.

Ελπίζω να αποφύγουμε τη Ζενίτ και τη Σάλκε. Δείχνουν πάρα πολύ δυνατές. Βέβαια ποιος ξέρει σε τι κατάσταση θα είναι οι ομάδες τον Φεβρουάριο...

Nice match up bringing a top class team to Toumba would be AS Roma. Don't know if I want Ajax again. It's getting old.

Would not mind Sparta Prague, as they will not be ready after the winter break in Czech league. Also would not mind APOEL or Copenhagen (Olsen).

Hope we stay away from Schalke, Zenit, Shakhtar and Fenerbahce.