Phantis Forums

SL-R11: PAOK FC - Panaitolikos (22-Nov-15, 15:00 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvsPanaitolikos.png

MATCHUP:             P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Panaitolikos Agrinio

COMPETITION:      Superleague - Round 11

DATE:                       22-November-2015

TIME:                       15:00 GR  (13:00 GMT, 07:00 CST, 00:00 AEDT next day)

CITY / STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:   

TELEVISION:            Nova Sports 2 (Greece), Laola1.TV (worldwide)

P.A.O.K. FC-  Panaitolikos - History

Superleague

2014-2015:  1:2 (Mak) - Attendance:  6,936

2013-2014:  1:0 (Lucas) - Attendance:  11,922

2011-2012:  3:0 (Vieirinha, Papazoglou, Spadacio) - Attendance:  9,975

Alpha Ethniki (Amateur/Semi-Professional)

1976-1977:  2:1 (Orfanos 2 ) - Attendance:  ?

1975-1976:  4:1 (Guerino 2, Sarafis,Anastasiadis ) - Attendance:  ?

GAMES:   5

WINS:      4

TIES:        0

LOSSES:    1

Maybe we should play this game hockey style. I say we pull the goalie (and defense) and just put in all of our forwards and mids.

anyone know Tudor's cell #? I have to text him this plan.

also, I may have had to much port tonight.

• Like it 1

Let's hope Vitor is fine and can play. Otherwise we will have to contend with Tziolis as CB again.We only have one CB left that is healthy, and that is Malezas.

Tzavellas is sitting out due to cards, and I think Tudor will go with Tziolis over Skondras as CB.  

Apparently Tudor is also thinking of starting Klaus and Berbatov together. In that case it looks like Pelkas will see the bench.

Vitor is ok and will be ready for Sunday. Cimirot is game ready and might finally see some action. I would sit Tziolis out and have him on the bench as CB backup, since he is playing way too many games.  Also Kace is back in full practice mode.

Charisis came back from his U21 NT duties with severe injury and will miss about one month, so he is out. I am afraid Tziolis will play on Sunday. He needs to take some breaks. He's been playing non-stop since the beginning of the season, and it has proven that he can't handle playing games close to each other.

Someone mentioned it in another topic, about how we always seem to sustain so many injuries. I agree it can't be coincidence, whether it be, players being rushed back from injury, not receiving the right treatment while injured or maybe even the surface at the training ground? I seem to recall a few seasons ago (I think under Stevens)  they were talking about his training regime being to much for the players and they were looking to re-lay the surface? I may be wrong but something has to be done, our players drop like flies with injuries 

They've been complaining about the pitch recently as well. Which is interesting considering the fact that Arnesen said very early on in the season that they had just finished resurfacing the whole thing. Makes no sense.

Vitor is definitively out of Sunday's game. I would not want to be Tudor trying to come up with a defense for this game. According to report he is still thinking of using a 3 CB defense. The only players available to do that are Tziolis, Malezas and Skondras. In other words, god help us.

I would go with a 4-2-3-1 ormation. Something like this:

----------------- Glykos ---------------------

Kitsiou - Tziolis - Malezas - Skondras

-------Sabo --------------- Kace -----------

Rodrigues---- Berbatov ------- Mak

------------------- Klaus ---------------------

If Kace is not ready, use Golasa instead.

Vitor is definitively out of Sunday's game. I would not want to be Tudor trying to come up with a defense for this game. According to report he is still thinking of using a 3 CB defense. The only players available to do that are Tziolis, Malezas and Skondras. In other words, god help us.

I would go with a 4-2-3-1 ormation. Something like this:

----------------- Glykos ---------------------

Kitsiou - Tziolis - Malezas - Skondras

-------Sabo --------------- Kace -----------

Rodrigues---- Berbatov ------- Mak

------------------- Klaus ---------------------

If Kace is not ready, use Golasa instead.

I like from the middle up.  Especially the front 4.  Can't ask for more than that.  At the back I'd go

Kitsou -- Malezas -- Tzavellas/Skondras -- Korovesis

or

Kitsou -- Malezas -- Skondras -- Tzavellas

Tudor is still stuck on using 3 CBs on defense, and according to a report I heard this morning he will go with this lineup:

------------------- Glykos ---------------------

----- Tziolis - Malezas - Skondras ------

Kitsiou -- Golasa -- Kace -- Rodrigues

----------------- Berbatov --------------------

---------- Klaus ----------------- Mak -------

I don't like the defensive setup at all. I am afraid we will see a repeat of the Panthrakikos game. We might score 2-3 goals, but will also be vulnerable in the back. Hopefully Panatolikos will not be as prolific in scoring on their chances as did Panthrakikos.