Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R2: PAOK FC - Borussia Dortmund (01-Oct-15, 22:05 GR)

Blackhawk

Sokratis, Hummels, Kagawa, Aubameyang and Gundagon have been left back in Germany. They are obviously still quality with the likes of Reus and Mkhitaryan amongst others. But it's still a small help, especially with the 2 starting CB's not playing, hopefully Berba, Mak, Pelkas (if he starts) can get hold of them. 

Makes sense I suppose. They are 99.99% to go through in this group, where as if the gap between them and Bayern gets too big, it could be difficult to catch Bayern. It's a shame in a sense since we won't be playing them at full strength, but then again any advantage to gain some points could prove crucial. I hope we smack them.

Why isn't Kitsiou starting anymore?

Looks like Tudor prefers Konstantinidis these days. He tried Kitsiou on left side, but he performed poorly there. As it is Rodrigues has been quite good there in the last few games. I think Kitsiou will play when Konstantinidis needs rest and/or gets injured/red carded.

The right back situation is an interesting one. I have always rated Skondras as the starter, Kitsiou as the no.2 and I guess from the limited amount I had seen of Konstantinidis didn't really rate him. Now with the change of system and us playing with wingbacks, that requires players with attacking flair and the ability to get forward and play a big role in attack.
That style is more suited to Kitsiou and Konstantinidis, who I must say has improved somewhat. Compared to Skondra who IMO is more of a classic full back, suited to a back four. He is not quiet as quick/skilful as the other two. 

From what we have seen from Tudor it seems, he considers Skondras a centre back in a back 3. In which case he is no.5 in line, or to play at RWB he is at the very least behind Kitsiou and Konstantinidis. So it'll be interesting to see what happens, I rate him and hope he stays and finds a spot in the team. In saying that I believe he has to play at right back, and as long as stelio and dimitri are performing, its gonna be tough for him to break back in

• Like it 2

Reports are that this will most likely be the starting lineup:

--------------------Berbatov-----------Mak-------------------------

Rodrigues-------Sabo---Tzioli-----Kace---------Konstantinidis

-------------Tzabellas------Costa-------Malezas---------------

Like I said before...except Vitor is ready to play....

CQQBVu_UYAAShXf.jpg

PAOK broadcasted by a Bulgarian TV channel. Berbatov in the starting line-up. Mythos beer got from a neighborhood's supermarket (go figure) and waiting in the fridge. 

Good start of the month.

Edited by farfouille
  • Like it 1