Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R2: PAOK FC - Borussia Dortmund (01-Oct-15, 22:05 GR)

Blackhawk

Not a bad result. Could have easily ended in a blowout win for Dortmund.

Too bad the other game did not finish in a tie as well.

STANDINGS:

1. Dortmund  4

2. Krasnodar  3

3. PAOK  2

4. Qabala  1

The next two games  against Krasnodar (home/away) are crucial concerning our chances of qualifying. 

I guess going in we would have taken a point, so a good result. A little disappointing to drop points to that soft goal but they had multiple other chances that on another night go in. We could have pinched another if when we had our opportunities to counter in the second half the players were a little riskier and tried to beat there man. But hey any points picked up against Dortmund are a plus so, bravo sta padia

• Like it 1

Tziolis was the MVP for PAOK. Tzavellas had a great 2nd half as well. Olsen made some key saves, but also screwed the team with the cheap goal, although blame could also be placed on Rodrigues who had a poor game.

After the game some idiot fans from gate 4 stormed the field and tried to make their way to gat8 to start fights with the German fans. Expect a heavy punishment from UEFA.

After the game some idiot fans from gate 4 stormed the field and tried to make their way to gat8 to start fights with the German fans. Expect a heavy punishment from UEFA.

Getting tired of this.  Maybe a one year ban would teach those fans in G4 ?  Yep, don't think so.

Edited by Bananas

Not a bad result. Could have easily ended in a blowout win for Dortmund.

Too bad the other game did not finish in a tie as well.

STANDINGS:

1. Dortmund  4

2. Krasnodar  4

3. PAOK  2

4. Qabala  2

The next two games  against Krasnodar (home/away) are crucial concerning our chances of qualifying. 

isnt it 1. dortmund 4

2. kras         3

3. paok        2 

4. qabala     1

To draw Dortmund can be seen as a positive however PAOK had chances to win this match vs a very strong side.

Only saw the 2nd half, but based on what I saw, we would have to play Dortmund 10 times to have a chance of beating them.  We are not in the same ... league.

• Like it 1

The troubles at the start of the 2nd half were caused by the German fans. Still don't understand how they smuggled the stuff into the stadium. I guess we have not learned our lesson from the Rapid game.

The 3-year UEFA probation should have ended in August, so we probably don't face a European ban. Otherwise we were looking at 1-year ban.

I put myself under a major communications blackout so I could watch this match (as I advertised before).

Thoughts:

We could have lost heavily, but we also could have won by multiple goals. Many, many missed chances. The 80-84 minute phase was pretty sweet.

I was dead certain, up until Mak's goal, that we'd lose by 5. The players all looked absolutely terrified. Except Berbatov, who must have thought he was out for a morning stroll.

Glad to see Charisis come on. Pelkas should have come on much sooner, for Sabo.

Sabo is a frustrating player - I think his off the ball movement is actually pretty decent, but he can't pass, dribble, or shoot well enough. Charisis will give him a run for his money, I think.

Tziolis had an absolutely monster game. Best I've seen him play in ages. Tzavellas was pretty good too (but not as good as Costa!).

I can't believe Olsen gave up that goal. Of all the ways to drop points...THIS??

Rodrigues, Konstantinidis, Kace, all had good games. Berbatov also looked dangerous, but needed more support. I was screaming at Jairo to pass the ball to Berbatov when he tried that...nutmeg? Whatever it was vs Weidenfeller.

Mak - classic Mak performance. Had fewer chances than he usually has, but at least took one. Great on him.

Only guys in Oz will get this - and people thought Bulldogs fans caused trouble!

Good work with the draw, sounded like a mixed game were both teams had their chances with the Germans controlling the game better.

no....Dortmund were classes above.....not in the same universe really..

however, PAOK copped a cheap goal and could have caught Dortmund on the break with Jairo late on..

i, too, had to miss the match due to lab. were we really bad compared to them or did we actually defend well enough that we earned this draw? did we look OK going forward or was it a matter of us capitalizing on the one chance we had all match? i do know the goal we conceded was a softie. typical olsen goal at this stage really.

Edited by gdkmangosalsa