Phantis Forums

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Blackhawk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this (apart from the positive fact that it would give us fewer games/an earlier end to the season):

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/1203659_sto-trapezi-i-allagi-format-toy-protathlimatos-me-plei-mono-gia-toys-tesseris

So basically we'll have five European spots going forward, and the play offs will be split into three groups, one of which will compete for that last Conference League spot? Kind of insulting to the rest of the teams that the top four (which - let's be serious - are already decided) will exclusively compete for the championship.

Get rid of the play offs entirely, damn it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some fun facts that nobody will care about:

I was curious about Guinea (where our next signing is from), so I read its wikipedia article. It mentions a dictator named Toure, which I'm sure many of you recognize as the last name of many professional players. So I look up the surname Toure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touré), and learn it may be descended from the name Elephant. Perhaps to indicate a person who was big and strong?

Anyway, that article mentions the language of the Ghana empire, so I look at that article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_Empire). In that, I see that Ghana means warrior, or war chief. And right under that, I see that Wague is a term for nobility. So we basically managed to destroy the career of a king!

I tried looking up Kamara and Camara on the same page, and got no definitions. A chat bot I just asked states that those two names are not necessarily related to each other, but that Kamara means "teacher" or "scholar" in some languages.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

If anyones from Sydney, reach out as our new PAOK syndesmo is having another get together om 25th July. 

s%$#!, are you actually a PAOK fan?  I always assumed you were an undercover gavro or xanoumi.

1 hour ago, PAOKSYD said:

I dont like russians or lefties

But im Paok to the core

You sir, are hardcore!  Ivan the Terrible comes to Thessaloniki, pays off our 10 million euro debt (do you remember that?) increases the player budget I don't know how much but it must be 3 or 4 fold, has built the best youth facilities in the country, makes it so that we are genuine contenders each season, wins us 2 championships and 4 cups and you reaction is ... where is the stadium ha ha.  Good lord, will you ever be thankful?  I guess if not by now, then the answer is no.

Maybe one day you'll get your wish and Ivan the Terrible will leave.  And then you will see what happens.  If you're not sure go and speak to a Panathinaikos fan.  Once they chased away the Vardinoyiannides that were putting in the money for all those years they haven't won a championships since then.  At the time though the fans were all giving each other high fives about how hardcore they were.

I think even if the stadium was built you'd would still complain.  If the club ever gets sold to someone with money, hey, I won't be upset but in all our illustrious history only one person has put in big money so I ain't holding out much hope.  It's not like there's a massive queue of people hanging to buy the club.

• Like it 4