Phantis Forums

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Considering I work in travel, this is an absolute disaster.

On a personal note though, it has given me a chance to catch up on all 'life admin', spend time with the girlfriend and call friends for a catch up. What else has COVID-19 proven (stolen but I still agree):

- The jobs we were told couldn't be done remotely can actually be done remotely

- Disabled people could have been working from home, however some corporations just did not want them to

- Internet is a utiity not a luxury

- Universal healthcare is necessary

I (we) have also heard barely anything about ISIS or gender fluidity while this has been happening. Now that you all have time, I would recommend watching The Truman Show then The Matrix. That could be a starting point for your research.

In the meantime, I hope all of our friends and family stay safe.

• Like it 1
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something fantastic happened to me yesterday. i went with a couple friends to this pizza place around the corner from our apartment to grab some lunch before watching tottenham-everton. we go in there

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=txK0v-CRN9o enas PAOKtsis sthn Athina. :D

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Just heard our prime minister in a press conference and I am obliged to work from home till at least May 20th (extended as it was till April 28th sofar). No events till September 1st. This means no Eredivisie till that day. No festivals. Nothing.

Think I am going to watch the movie of last years game and fiesta. Best thing to do right now. Good old times.

How are you all doing, feeling and spending your time in this situation, re alania?

Our governor actually announced about two hours ago that school is cancelled through June 29th. I hope to GOD other parts of the state are able to get back into action sooner. This is pretty rough.

My family owns a restaurant in a seasonal area and if nobody is allowed to open until the beginning of summer, I don't know how many of those businesses will survive. If 90% of your income comes in a 4-month period, you get hit especially hard...

I have been made redundant twice in a week.......so not so great at the moment. We are fine for now as my work has always been susceptible to market shifts. It is however quite deflating.

Shelter in place for Illinois is in effect until April 30. That means we are staying home at least until then.  I am able to work from home so that is good. Now that the weather is getting better it would be nice if they started relaxing the order to stay home. The longer it takes, more businesses will be hit hard. I expect a lot of local restaurants will be closing for good once this is all done.

Thankfully my internet service at home is holding up quite well. Between my work, my son's university online studies, and constant Netflix streaming we sure are using a lot of data. I was running out of things to watch on TV, but this week Netflix started showing the Michael Jordan series, so I should be good for a while. It would be nice if we had some live sporting events to watch as well.

Sorry to hear that Bafra.

"The last dance" is also available in the Netherlands. Just watched the first episode yesterday with my sons and wife. 

Glorious weather today in London. Thankfully we have a private garden area so we spent most of the day outside. I made a κίνηση ματ and downloaded Slack on the mobile. That way if anything comes up for work I don't have to be on the laptop to reply.

On a serious note, this is a worldwide disaster. I cannot believe governments are relaxing the restrictions - it has second wave written all over it.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:37 AM, Blackhawk said:

Thankfully my internet service at home is holding up quite well. Between my work, my son's university online studies, and constant Netflix streaming we sure are using a lot of data. I was running out of things to watch on TV, but this week Netflix started showing the Michael Jordan series, so I should be good for a while. It would be nice if we had some live sporting events to watch as well.

Have you seen Mindhunter? I finished both series last week. This week is my detox week from watching stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the replays of both games against Ajax last summer. I urge people to not make the same mistake. Infuriating is just an understatement.

I watched the two games against Arsenal in 1997 recently. Much better outcome.

• Like it 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wooow. Slavko Vincic, the ref against 020 and Pana this season, was arrested with several others as he is reported to be involved in trafficking in women, weapons and drugs........

Was kind of hoping he was the one who ref'd our away game ?

• 4 weeks later...

RIP.

I know it's not nice to talk bad about dead people, but the guy was just an idiot.

Το οτι μια μέρα τα έλεγε ετσι και την επόμενη αλλιώς το ήξεραν όλοι. Μου άρεσαν οι εκπομπές του όμως - ήξερε απο τακτική τουλάχιστον. Καλό παράδεισο κυρ' Νίκο!

• Like it 1

I’ll miss him.

Sure he would change his opinion each week but I found him entertaining for the most part.  He was definitely losing his mental faculties in the last few years and would struggle to remember player names.

End of the day he made me laugh a lot.  Also one of the few that can shut Raptopoulos up for one minute.

Who can forget this.  Legendary.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. Just to be sure. We are now +3 if we look at AEX.

So if we lose at Karaiskaki (don’t see a upset there) and they win against Pana, we are even with them HTH leading because of the GD +1. If we win at AEX we will be on +3. The second place is secured even if we lose against Aris, because our HTH will be in our favour (2 wins, a draw, a loss). This is without the appeal board of EPO making a decision before August 3rd.

If they do we might be screwed. Though we screwed ourselves with playing miserable after thr COVID-19-break and dropping points all over.

Is this a correct recapitulation?

OK. I was to pessimestic ^

Danny Makkelie from The Netherlands the ref for Wednesday’s game against AEX.