Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Klaus scored the winner in the eighth round of the Isreali cup. The matched ended in a 1-1 draw. A penalty-shoot out followed and there Klaus scored the last and deciding goal. 

Maccabi Haifa now will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the round of the last 16.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Al Ahli is apparently offering 8 mil to Standard Liege for Cimirot. The Belgian team is asking for 10 mil. We sold him for just 2.5 mil 6 months ago. 

I still don't understand why we sold him so cheap.  If you want lessons on how not to get a good price just learn from PAOK.

2 minutes ago, pash said:

You're all talking as if Michel just forgot to ask for more money or a resale.

Fair enough.  We aren’t there to see how the negotiations go.  All we have to judge by is the end result.

Regarding Cimirot, 2.5 million was a decent price.  The guy was a good solid squad player without being anything exceptional.  Very replaceable.  So I’m guessing we thought we wouldn’t ever get a better offer.  Still, we sold a player who was a first team starter half way throughout the season.  Not a good way to make us known as strong negotiators.

Anyway I hope Cimirot gets sold for 20 million and not 10 it really burns Savvidis.  It’s the only way he’ll learn.

Are we sure he didn't have a sell on clause? Do we also know if this is even true and not just something his agent leaked to get interest in him or to negotiate better wages?

It doesn't appear that money is an issue for Savvidis and also not what is required to lure the better players here... The biggest pull will be champions league football, winning titles, and to get in the "shop window" for the top sides in Europe.

I don't disagree. But sooner or later we'll run afoul of financial fair play regulations, so becoming capable of that kind of in-out pipeline will be necessary if we want to keep offering the kinds of salaries we have been.

It was not Anastasiadis. It was his wife Vivi that was waiting for several years for a heart donor in order to have a transplant surgery. Apparently a tourist visiting Greece was killed and her heart was a match and Vivi finally got the transplant.

Aggelos Anastasiadis has been on a crusade for the past few years to bring attention to programs for organ donations in Greece.

• 4 weeks later...

Pereyra is heading to Apollon Limassol. Man, I miss this guy. Was never given the chances he deserved (and still outscored the other chumps who got in ahead of him).